Diplomacy Games are Like Onions

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

Diplomacy Games are Like Onions

Postby BrotherBored » 14 Sep 2019, 05:40

Hello friends and foes. Here once again to promote my blog. Thanks for all the positive support. I guess there's only a handful of people writing blogs about Diplomacy.

First article in a 3-part series. I say that the outermost layer is "Politics."

Unlike some of my other writings, I have two in-depth examples of something I specifically did in a match that I think worked. That's probably the juiciest part. I have an example of where I conquered a player while showering them with messages, and an example of where I conquered a player after going silent for several years. Intriguing!
BrotherBored

Timezone: EST

Re: Diplomacy Games are Like Onions

Postby Tortellacci » 14 Sep 2019, 07:38

Will definitely read. I really like your stuff!
Tortellacci
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1261
All-game rating: 1404
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Phlegmatic » 14 Sep 2019, 11:58

Onions make me cry, so I fully agree with your headline :D
Phlegmatic
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1214
All-game rating: 1261
Timezone: GMT

Postby jay65536 » 16 Sep 2019, 21:14

Why would you say politics is the "outermost" layer?
jay65536

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1105
All-game rating: 1111
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Diplomacy Strategy