PDL NEWSFLASH

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

Re: PDL NEWSFLASH

Postby duckling » 31 Jul 2018, 18:50

Is it an alternative to take in voluntary extras to pdl3 from the other two leagues?

Not awarding them points or gains in standing, but just to get enough players to attend that you can get a game going for those who are left in the league?
duckling
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1139
All-game rating: 1163
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby V » 03 Aug 2018, 14:03

mjparrett wrote:I'm still going through my list of replacements. It is looking all the more like PDL 3 will be no more. 2 have quit PDL 1, 1 has left PDL 2, and a whopping 4 people have dropped out from the lowest league (this all since round 3 began). People are being shuffled up the leagues to keep PDL 1 & 2 going (invites very soon I promise!), but it's looking like PDL 3 will be disbanded with those people becoming the reserves/promotion candidates for PDL 2 relegations.

More soon

M

“invites very soon I promise!”, bit like “I’ll support you into Belgium, I promise”.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1664
All-game rating: 1689
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby boldblade » 03 Aug 2018, 14:34

V wrote:
mjparrett wrote:I'm still going through my list of replacements. It is looking all the more like PDL 3 will be no more. 2 have quit PDL 1, 1 has left PDL 2, and a whopping 4 people have dropped out from the lowest league (this all since round 3 began). People are being shuffled up the leagues to keep PDL 1 & 2 going (invites very soon I promise!), but it's looking like PDL 3 will be disbanded with those people becoming the reserves/promotion candidates for PDL 2 relegations.

More soon

M

“invites very soon I promise!”, bit like “I’ll support you into Belgium, I promise”.

hopefully this promise doesn't go out for two months+ like a WHS promise of boards getting out.
boldblade
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1474
All-game rating: 1488
Timezone: GMT

Postby V » 06 Aug 2018, 00:09

Has anyone heard from Mike, in or out of a game?
He’s vanished & RL is probable cause. Can be such a drag sometimes...
Hope all is well & looking forward to a round 4 game including our esteemed leader.
Cheers V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Postby mjparrett » 08 Aug 2018, 14:35

Real life is a little messy at the moment, apologies all. But mainly what I am doing is trying to get a few new faces in to fill up PDL 3 and keep it (barely) alive. I have the fixtures and boards ready for PDL 1 & 2. It does indeed sound like a somewhat broken record but everything issued very shortly.

I'm waiting on a few more replies to some PMs in the hope I can keep things running. It would be a shame to lose PDL 3 at the final stage.

I hadn't considered asking PDL 1 & 2 members to stand in, an interesting thought. Although I imagine most people have enough on the go without taking on 2 new games at once!
mjparrett
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1660
All-game rating: 1696
Timezone: GMT

Postby The SHIV » 09 Aug 2018, 00:22

I can take on, and lose 2 more!

The SHIV
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, SHIV of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1143
All-game rating: 1175
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby WarSmith » 10 Aug 2018, 00:08

Happy to put out a ‘B’ team in league 3 ;)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1777
All-game rating: 1792
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby duckling » 10 Aug 2018, 00:50

I’ll take on an extra game if needed. I’ll be butchered out of my current games soon anyway.
duckling
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1139
All-game rating: 1163
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby mhsmith0 » 12 Aug 2018, 23:01

mjparrett wrote:...

I hadn't considered asking PDL 1 & 2 members to stand in, an interesting thought. Although I imagine most people have enough on the go without taking on 2 new games at once!

I'm sure there would be a few volunteers (already there are 2 it seems). I'd personally pass on doubling up, but I'd guess you'll have a decent sized crowd of people who'd actively want more games with the league group and would find the "B team" concept to be fun.
mhsmith0
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1269
All-game rating: 1439

Postby V » 12 Aug 2018, 23:02

“Games will be password protected and players will be PM'd details of each game as and when it starts. Games will (roughly) start on 1 Jan/Mar/May/Jul each year.”

I thought I’d quote from the PDL rules we signed up for. Could we at least start round 4 in August? I never play Diplomacy over Christmas & a potential 3-month contest starting in September...
Platinum Classicist
V

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League