General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby mat.gopack » 13 Jul 2019, 22:21

jonisilk wrote:A few thousand miles above the planet, a payload of missiles are launched at Mars.

They hurtle toward Selinopolis, the capital city of the PCG.

On the ground below, people mill about in the streets, celebrating the Summer Dividends festival where a street artists, singers, performers, Tellers, skilled craftsmen and many, many more come to partake in the nationwide festivities that mark the birth of the Martian New Year, and sees the re-distribution of unspent profits (from the financial period ending ten years priorly) back into the community.

Hundreds of thousands of people stood out in the open, under the clear night sky. Many with their heads already looking up, as the first of a few small objects could be seen heading toward the planet.

Meurig went up to the rooftop garden of the Chambers of the governing body, made his way along the well worn pathway, through the trees, toward the paved edge of the rooftop.

He arrived there just in time to see the one of the first missiles shot down and impact upon the city shield in a dazzling fireworks display that drew excited sounds from the people in the square down below.

Meurig was surprised by how few people sat up here, given the view provided by this vantage point.
Some of those who did, sat in isolation and enjoying the view, others deep in conversation and oblivious to the Dividends Festival light display.

Most of the people are now so familiar with the light show, that they barely register the fact anymore that it’s actually a testing of the city-wide shields and anti-missile defence systems.

It's always good to see such explosive testing of city defense shielding - although Alcatraz is best known for its Union Day celebrations, with the most recent one seeing a dozen waves of a dozen missiles testing the Alcatraz shields, most Mattibean cities have such traditions for the same (or other) days. They make for beautiful displays of lights and explosions, for sure.

Perhaps the PCG would be interested in a competition of who has the best live display of city defense light festivities?
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby musashisamurai » 14 Jul 2019, 02:54

A - No, not at all. What I’m saying is, this is business, don’t make it personal. Plenty of others out there are willing to do that, we don’t have to.

H - What do you mean?

A - I mean that there’s a bigger picture here and the part you should be playing right now, is not the dashing hero on a moral crusade. Even as we speak, it’s likely that an attempt is about to be made on the life of at least one Seijin.

H - ….. You?

A - Is my reputation so low in your standing that you think I’d sanction a hit on another head of state? No, it’s nothing to do with us

Judge Hat on.

Unless the peron who did the attack told you, or theres another judging I'm not aware, of this is just flavor.

I know jon probably means it that way anyways-but just making it more clear for any observers.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby RedSun » 14 Jul 2019, 15:08

mat.gopack wrote:The casual murder of a head of state, as terrible as they may be personally, is always a shock. However, we hope that the next Ichiji Senjin will undergo reforms through his nation that will assist the people - and the release of that video appears to be going along the right lines there, whatever the actual truthfulness of that recording.

The Iranian Church of Janis has released a comment that the recently deceased Ichiji Senjin was 'criminally wrong on a variety of doctrinal points' and extends its hopes that the new Ichiji Senjin will be 'able to restore the wayward path of his nation and live in harmony with those of differing faiths."

So actually our Ichiji Seijin was not one of those murdered. But after much deliberation in the inner chambers Ichiji Seijin Akihiro Kato resigned in Declaration #41.
Satoshi Imai is now the new Ichiji Seijin. He has instantly reversed a few of the more controversial decisions under Ichiji Seijin Kato in Declarations #42, #44 and #45.
While still be overtly in favor of Kakumei-teki Janisism he has attempted to make amends with the large Buddhist community and has endorsed more than just Japanese names by expanding it to most eastern names.

Kato resigned because in his speech he said not because he didn’t believe in his vision just he believed Asteria wasn’t ready for such a profound transition. Based upon his current intelligence reports he didn’t believe he was the best person for the current trial that lays ahead of all people of faith.

In Imai’s inauguration speech he talked about a Janisist vision but one that could unite all the people of Asteria. He says the quest of the Holy State is not to force people to bend which was a mistake his predecessor made but rather attempt to reach people the way. While Asteria has always fragmented between its many groups and people’s and cultures the goal of the Holy State is to achieve a sense of Unity and accept differences but try to make it so there is a common purpose for all the people in Asteria. With that in mind he says the goal of the Asterian people ought to be to protect themselves and not feel afraid in their homeland, therefore he is currently rolling back restrictions and hopes that this country can unite in the face of foreign aggression.

Declaration #41
October 24th, 4844

Ichiji Seijin Akihiro Kato has resigned.
Seijin Satoshi Imai has become the new Seijin at age 92.

Declaration #42
November 1st, 4844

All Eastern names are to be nationally approved.
Buddhism is now a protected religious nationally. Proselytizing for Buddhism or any religion other than Janisism is illegal however the practice amongst current members in Holy sites or at home is legalized for Buddhist communities.
Astero-Shintoism as always is a protected religion. However, this is now a legal declaration.

Declaration #44
November 20th, 4844

The establishment of a Buddhist monastery in older nonreconstructionist cities above the population of 25 million will be built.

Declaration #45
December 14th, 4844

Declaration #31 is being reversed at this point except for in cities being reconstructed. Remaining architectural pieces will be relocated to a museum. They have no place in contemporary Asteria but ought not be destroyed.
Groups:
Asteria Republic in CYOC
Silver Classicist
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby beadsman » 14 Jul 2019, 16:30

OOC: Still pretty awful, but better, I guess?

IC: Ceona has offered no comment on the recent changes in Asteria.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Standard rating: 1594
All-game rating: 1605

Postby beadsman » 14 Jul 2019, 16:35

Ceona is sending a small diplomatic envoy to Spain, accompanied by a large portion of the fleet and the 2nd Legion. Our goal will be to negotiate a military alliance, a military access pact, and the right to build a military base on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. A trade agreement will also be in the works.

P.s. Anyone want to judge this?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby mat.gopack » 14 Jul 2019, 17:04

beadsman wrote:Ceona is sending a small diplomatic envoy to Spain, accompanied by a large portion of the fleet and the 2nd Legion. Our goal will be to negotiate a military alliance, a military access pact, and the right to build a military base on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. A trade agreement will also be in the works.

This is the thing I've been OOCly told to keep out of, right?
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby RedSun » 14 Jul 2019, 17:13

mat.gopack wrote:
beadsman wrote:Ceona is sending a small diplomatic envoy to Spain, accompanied by a large portion of the fleet and the 2nd Legion. Our goal will be to negotiate a military alliance, a military access pact, and the right to build a military base on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. A trade agreement will also be in the works.

Whoever is judging this let me know. I have some historic interests in Spain.

Also what gives Cyon? I thought you were content just staying in Latin America? What are your interests in the Mediterranean?
Groups:
Asteria Republic in CYOC
Silver Classicist
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby beadsman » 14 Jul 2019, 17:19

mat.gopack wrote:

Yes.

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 14 Jul 2019, 17:23

RedSun wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:

Whoever is judging this let me know. I have some historic interests in Spain.

Also what gives Cyon? I thought you were content just staying in Latin America? What are your interests in the Mediterranean?

Well, the Latin Empire has the goal of reuniting Spanish-speaking peoples from across the world. Also, I have several oversea interests that would benefit from a stronger presence in Europe. I also want to match West Africa's military presence in France.

Finally, this is actually the start of a negotiated event between MK and me. If you want to get involved, you should a) probably do that before West Africa does anything and b) probably be ready for a full-scale war if you tick off Ceona again. Just FYI.

beadsman

PCG Presidential Elections

Postby jonisilk » 15 Jul 2019, 08:57

In what turned out to be a closer result than earlier indications would've suggested, Meurig Halloran has emerged victorious after a successful but hard-fought campaign.

Meurig Halloran secured the election with 38% of the vote (only 1.5% more than Darius ap SaZi, who secured 36.5%, with Lucas Tarsitan taking just 25.5% of all votes) and will become the Corporations next president. He will take office with immediate effect and is expected to travel to Earth in the coming days to meet with other world leaders.

Famously outspoken on recent events in Asteria, the new president faces a complex situation that his relative inexperience makes all the more unpredictable, but has already shown that he has the political intelligence to surround himself with the experience that he himself lacks, handing Lucas Tarsitan an olive branch in the form of a new position overseeing the deployment of Ambassadors to other nations.

In addition to this, Darius ap SaZi has also been offered the newly vacant position on the governing body, but has chosen to decline the offer, saying that he would prefer to remain outside of the politcal sphere at this time and instead, will look to concentrate on further advancement through the Craft, going on to add that he one day would hope to join the governing body, but if not as President, then as Honoured Council, once he has earned the title of Master Teller.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country