General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby musashisamurai » 15 Jun 2018, 05:45

(For Kingpie)

The Windblown
-Pacifican mercenary company currently employed by certain Baunairi individuals
-fully licensed by the Crown (this also has a few other caveats-they won't take on missions against us). These companies are known as "Free Companies" since they are outside of the law in most jurisdictions and can break certain ones, although at their own risk. Killing a merc in a Free Companu isn't considered murder for example, and the police don't have to protect you.
-Small naval unit (on Mars I believe)
-Currently composed of 2 battleships, 8 destroyers, a screening force of 20 corvettes and frigates assorted. Finally, a large number of smaller skimmers and hydrofoils, used by their small detachment of Marines in boarding actions. A single small carrier, sea control ship, provides them with air support. Two submarines provide additional recon. Their licenses limit the size of missiles on said submarines.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16298
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby jonisilk » 15 Jun 2018, 18:44

Having gone through a period of inward-reflection ourselves a number of centuries we go, we understand the Venusian need for introspective contemplation, and all that comes with it.

We hope you emerge from this diplomatic hiatus with a renewed sense of purposeful vigour and we look forward to re-establishing relations with you upon your return.

OOC : Good luck Subs.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
User avatar
jonisilk
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: 21 Jan 2014, 15:55
Location: City of Selinopolis, Frasta, Mars.
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby RedSun » 16 Jun 2018, 22:58

Asteria announces the intention to hold a 2nd Asterian Centennial Games.

If any nations would like to participate they are welcome. Last year we had 7 nations and 7 competitions. We will also be hosting at least 2 additional competitions to the original 7 the previous year. The 3 mile run which is a combination of Marathon and 100m Dash stats. And Fencing which is its own sport.

If you're interested in participating let me know!
Groups:
Asteria Republic in CYOC
Silver Classicist
RedSun
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1156
All-game rating: 1173
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby beadsman » 16 Jun 2018, 23:17

Will Tankery be included?
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
User avatar
beadsman
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: 05 Oct 2014, 22:33
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1599)
All-game rating: (1603)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby RedSun » 17 Jun 2018, 19:53

beadsman wrote:Will Tankery be included?


Uh no…? Here's a link to the previous Centennial Games Link.

It's sorta like the Olympics.
Groups:
Asteria Republic in CYOC
Silver Classicist
RedSun
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1156
All-game rating: 1173
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby musashisamurai » 17 Jun 2018, 20:57

Tankery is the pre eminent sport of CYOC. Although Pacifica prefers rugby, Sailing, surfing, nd cricket, we won't deny the massive following that tankery has all around Sol
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16298
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby jonisilk » 17 Jun 2018, 22:30

Yep, even on Mars there were professional regional Tankery leagues, but that ended after Ragnarok.

Fencing would be a welcome addition, as it's a popular sport on Mars.
Also, football/soccer is HUGE in PCG Terra.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
User avatar
jonisilk
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: 21 Jan 2014, 15:55
Location: City of Selinopolis, Frasta, Mars.
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby RedSun » 18 Jun 2018, 00:05

jonisilk wrote:Yep, even on Mars there were professional regional Tankery leagues, but that ended after Ragnarok.

Fencing would be a welcome addition, as it's a popular sport on Mars.
Also, football/soccer is HUGE in PCG Terra.


So what exactly is Tankery? I searched it up and it came up with roblox so idk...

As for football/soccer I was actually considering hosting a CYOC World Cup in the future but I'm fleshing those details out before I decide whether to do it or not. It wouldn't occur before 4700 most likely though.
Groups:
Asteria Republic in CYOC
Silver Classicist
RedSun
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1156
All-game rating: 1173
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Zander » 18 Jun 2018, 00:23

RedSun wrote:
jonisilk wrote:Yep, even on Mars there were professional regional Tankery leagues, but that ended after Ragnarok.

Fencing would be a welcome addition, as it's a popular sport on Mars.
Also, football/soccer is HUGE in PCG Terra.


So what exactly is Tankery? I searched it up and it came up with roblox so idk...

As for football/soccer I was actually considering hosting a CYOC World Cup in the future but I'm fleshing those details out before I decide whether to do it or not. It wouldn't occur before 4700 most likely though.


It started as an anime meme in (I think) Aresia, but got turned into an actual serious in-game sport for a while.
User avatar
Zander
 
Posts: 5987
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 07:26
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby RedSun » 18 Jun 2018, 00:31

Zander wrote:
RedSun wrote:
jonisilk wrote:Yep, even on Mars there were professional regional Tankery leagues, but that ended after Ragnarok.

Fencing would be a welcome addition, as it's a popular sport on Mars.
Also, football/soccer is HUGE in PCG Terra.


So what exactly is Tankery? I searched it up and it came up with roblox so idk...

As for football/soccer I was actually considering hosting a CYOC World Cup in the future but I'm fleshing those details out before I decide whether to do it or not. It wouldn't occur before 4700 most likely though.


It started as an anime meme in (I think) Aresia, but got turned into an actual serious in-game sport for a while.


So it's essentially battling tanks?
Groups:
Asteria Republic in CYOC
Silver Classicist
RedSun
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1156
All-game rating: 1173
Timezone: GMT-6

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests