Do Admins Ever Respond to Emails

New to the game? New to the site? Wanting to find a mentor game? Have a look here.

Moderator: WHSeward

Do Admins Ever Respond to Emails

Postby Conner90 » 19 May 2020, 17:48

There wasn't a forum section where this question fit perfectly, but my question is pretty much my subject line. I am in a game where an issue occurred, and we emailed the Admins via the link on the homepage. It seems like an easy fix for an admin (re-do a turn/input orders that all parties agree upon).

It's been 24 hours without a response. Do they ever respond? Is this a common issue?

Thanks for any help.
Conner90

Re: Do Admins Ever Respond to Emails

Postby V » 19 May 2020, 18:17

Conner90 wrote:There wasn't a forum section where this question fit perfectly, but my question is pretty much my subject line. I am in a game where an issue occurred, and we emailed the Admins via the link on the homepage. It seems like an easy fix for an admin (re-do a turn/input orders that all parties agree upon).

It's been 24 hours without a response. Do they ever respond? Is this a common issue?

Thanks for any help.

Can’t comment on admin response time, because I’ve never encountered a difficulty.
However can comment on your request to “re-do” a turn, with order changes.
It’s not going to happen. Never happened in all the years I’ve been on the site.
I suggest everyone plays on & not expect a different order set to be implemented.
Best Regards V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Locutus » 19 May 2020, 19:13

Funny

Russia, played by conner90, failed to submit orders last turn, lost two centers, and now wants admin to reset the phase.

I rather doubt his request will fly.
Locutus
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 900
All-game rating: 907

Postby Josey Wales » 20 May 2020, 01:06

Locutus wrote:Funny

Russia, played by conner90, failed to submit orders last turn, lost two centers, and now wants admin to reset the phase.

I rather doubt his request will fly.

I think the only time I have seen a Mod intervene in a game if there was a clear corruption in the DB on an order ... i.e. England orders F Lon - North Sea to cut support and F Lon ended up in St Pet (nc), or something like that. 99.999999999% of times that orders are "missed" is to due an error between keyboard and chair so second Locutus' assessment.

And yes, Mods generally answer emails/PM's in a timely fashion.

Caveat: I am not a Mod nor do I speak to what Mods will or won't do on this case or have done in any historical case.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Platinum Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1056
All-game rating: 1081
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Custer » 20 May 2020, 03:19

No need to email a mod. Join game....input orders......drink.......input orders......drink......repeat....etc......LoL

:twisted:

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1199

Postby Nanook » 21 May 2020, 20:18

You may get a faster response by PMing the Site Help group.

Also, we don’t reset turns without incredibly extenuating circumstances involved, and this doesn’t seem to fit the criteria.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to PlayDip Academy