Posting Image in Public Press

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Tarsier » 30 Apr 2020, 17:31

Not a rules question, of course, but I wasn't sure where else to post it:

It's been a while since I posted an image in the public press of the game. My attempt to do so has failed. Any guidance?
User avatar
Tarsier
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 03 Dec 2013, 02:39
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2018)
All-game rating: (2105)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Jack007 » 30 Apr 2020, 17:54

[image]url[/image]
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Greece (Galaxidi) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1545
All-game rating: 1681
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Tarsier » 30 Apr 2020, 22:29

Jack007 wrote:[image]url[/image]



That's what I did, but upon reflection I think I may have been trying to post a gif, so that may have been the issue.
User avatar
Tarsier
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 03 Dec 2013, 02:39
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2018)
All-game rating: (2105)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Jack007 » 30 Apr 2020, 22:58

Tarsier wrote:
Jack007 wrote:[image]url[/image]

That's what I did, but upon reflection I think I may have been trying to post a gif, so that may have been the issue.


No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Greece (Galaxidi) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1545
All-game rating: 1681
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Tarsier » 30 Apr 2020, 23:40

Jack007 wrote:
No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?


No, I almost never post anonymously, and did not here either. I might even put the game number in here so someone can tell me if I did something wrong, because I literally copied and pasted the command as one would use it to post an image in these forums.
User avatar
Tarsier
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 03 Dec 2013, 02:39
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2018)
All-game rating: (2105)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Jack007 » 30 Apr 2020, 23:58

Tarsier wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?


No, I almost never post anonymously, and did not here either. I might even put the game number in here so someone can tell me if I did something wrong, because I literally copied and pasted the command as one would use it to post an image in these forums.


Nooo, that's the reason: here it is "(img)(/img)" (with squared paranthesis), there it must be "[image][/image]". Do you see the difference?
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Greece (Galaxidi) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1545
All-game rating: 1681
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: Posting Image in Public Press

Postby Tarsier » 01 May 2020, 03:51

Jack007 wrote:
Tarsier wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
No, that's not the reason, I just tested it with a gif: it works.

Maybe you tried anonymous posting?


No, I almost never post anonymously, and did not here either. I might even put the game number in here so someone can tell me if I did something wrong, because I literally copied and pasted the command as one would use it to post an image in these forums.


Nooo, that's the reason: here it is "(img)(/img)" (with squared paranthesis), there it must be "[image][/image]". Do you see the difference?


Yes! Thanks!
User avatar
Tarsier
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 03 Dec 2013, 02:39
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2018)
All-game rating: (2105)
Timezone: GMT-6


Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests