New player!

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

New player!

Postby YggBjorn » 09 Mar 2020, 23:09

New to the site! New to the game!

Hello!
YggBjorn at your service. I have never played Diplomacy. I have played Axis & Allies, Axis & Allies: D-Day, Risk, and Memoir '44 to name a few strategy board games. I currently run a D&D5e game via Fantasy Grounds VTT every Friday. I have been watching Matt Colville on YouTube and he recommended this site to learn about politics while having fun playing Diplomacy. I am looking to join a mentored game and have posted in the Mentor sub-forum.
YggBjorn

Timezone: MDT

Re: New player!

Postby Strategus » 09 Mar 2020, 23:20

welcome, and have fun!
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1619
All-game rating: 1660
Timezone: GMT

Postby V » 09 Mar 2020, 23:36

YggBjorn wrote:New to the site! New to the game!

Hello!
YggBjorn at your service. I have never played Diplomacy. I have played Axis & Allies, Axis & Allies: D-Day, Risk, and Memoir '44 to name a few strategy board games. I currently run a D&D5e game via Fantasy Grounds VTT every Friday. I have been watching Matt Colville on YouTube and he recommended this site to learn about politics while having fun playing Diplomacy. I am looking to join a mentored game and have posted in the Mentor sub-forum.

Welcome & yes a Mentor game is a great place to start. A word of warning, 50 years ago my big brother bought me a Christmas gift of a Diplomacy board game. Some things are habit forming.... Enjoy.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Josey Wales » 10 Mar 2020, 03:52

Welcome to the site. I hope you stick around and try your luck in some of the stronger games. But yes, definitely try the Mentor games. You will find that most useful and in general people here will offer advice when appropriate.

Just one rule right off the bat given my above comment, do not ask for advice on the chat box or in a forum for a live game that you are in - and perhaps even if you are watching a game that is currently live (that you aren't playing in, just for clarity).
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Platinum Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1056
All-game rating: 1081
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Custer » 10 Mar 2020, 19:37

Welcome, Bjorn Ironside.

;)

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1199
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Players & Introductions