Heptarchy 16 **Discord** (7 of 7) Game Ongoing

7-player variant set in the British & Irish Isles during the Dark Ages. GM'd by Wobbly.

Moderator: Morg

Heptarchy 16 **Discord** (7 of 7) Game Ongoing

Postby Wobbly » 18 Mar 2019, 19:21

Greetings! I am GM'ing my first PbF game here on PlayDip. I've GM'd some PbE games and now want to take the leap into variants because that's what I have the most fun playing. As joe92 is my mentor, I decided to run another game of Heptarchy. Reply to this thread or send me a PM if you're interested!

Interested Players:
1. StarkAdder
2. Aeschines
3. Woolgie
4. patatevolante4
5. AKFD
6. Iamnobody
7. Don Juan of Austria

Reserves:
1. UFO Fever
2. GhostEcho
3. Airsoft Alex

Power Selection:
- Country selection will be via a silent auction. You will have 200 points to spend. You must bid at least 1 point on each power. Each bid must be a different positive whole number. Players will bid on the following seven Powers:
Anglia
Cornubia
Ireland
Mercia
Northumbria
Scotland
Wales

GM House Rules

Variant Rules:
- All standard diplomacy rules apply.
- 38 Supply Centers
- 20 Centers to solo

Deadlines:
- Deadlines for Order and Adjustment phases will be fixed and fall on Mondays and Thursdays. Retreat phases will be roughly 24 hours and will process when finalized.
- All deadlines will be at 5:00pm Pacific Time, unless otherwise stated.
- I will usually send out a 24hr warning to all players during movement phases - but this is not a guarantee, do not rely on this warning.

Orders:
- The first orders phase is Spring 651.
- Orders must be submitted to me by PM or by Discord post. If submitted by PM their subject lines must be something like "Heptarchy 16: [YEAR/SEASON] [Power]." I will accept orders until I begin processing the turn.
- All order sets must be complete - I will only look at the last orders message you send to determine all of your orders for that turn; an order set that merely says "change ABC - XYZ to ABC S DEF - XYZ" will result in all units, other than ABC holding.
- I will accept any order syntax/spelling as long as it is unambiguous. If I can decipher it, then we're good, but I'd advise against leaving it up to me. My interpretation, no matter how unreasonable it seems to you, will control so don't leave it up for interpretation!
- Ambiguity will result in a HOLD order being given to the unit(s) (including, for example, giving one unit two orders in the same set). If there's a technical misorder that I can interpret without choosing for you, I will. I will not make a choice for you, even if there is a clearly preferable choice. I will not warn you about misorders if I see them before the deadline!
- If I cannot find your order(s) because they have an incorrect subject line you may NMR, though it will not count against your total for the purposes of 3.0.

NMRs / Surrenders / Replacements:
- Two NMRS will result in the player being replaced.
- NMRs for builds/retreats will be considered NMRs for purposes of the NMR count.
- A first-turn NMR will result in the player being replaced.
- If a player leaves the game for any reason, I will pause the game and attempt to find a replacement
- I will give extensions, on request to avoid NMRs.
- In the event of an NMR I will give an automatic 24 hour extension, however, this NMR will still count against the player for the purposes of the NMR count.

End of Game Proposals:
- Draws can be proposed at any time. They must be proposed via group message or public press. They may be vetoed publicly. If they are not vetoed withing 24 hours, I will hold a private vote on the draw.
- Draws need not include all survivors.
- Draws must have the assent of all players with SCs on the board to be approved.
- Any veto instantly cancels a proposed draw.
- Draw proposals expire after two spring/fall turns have processed.

Adjudication:
- Errors in Adjudication must be identified before the subsequent turn is processed.
- Errors identified in time will be corrected when identified and an extension will be given such that each player gets a full turn's worth of time with an accurate map.
- Any error that goes unidentified after the subsequent turn is processed will stand.

GM's Supreme Power MUST Be Respected Or I Will Be Very Upset:
- The GM has the final say on all matters relating to the game, whether they are covered in the rules or not. Any questions or disputes should be raised to the GM of the game first and then only if the player is still unhappy, the GM or player can ask the moderators for their opinion on the matter.

Additional Discord rules:
- For this run of Heptarchy, Discord will be used as the messaging platform. If you have issues setting up or running discord, please message me immediately, and we’ll attempt to work them out. Maps will be posted both on the forum and in the “maps” channel on discord, and there will be a post in the “announcements” channel of discord for every new phase. The “public chat” channel is intended to be used the same as public press. The Discord channel is here: https://discord.gg/n4vRWK
- Please do not share screenshots of comms. Forwarding messages is of course fine, but please refrain from sharing screengrabs of communications between other players.
- If you attempt to impersonate another player or the GM Discord, you are subject to removal from the game at the GM's discretion.
Last edited by Wobbly on 25 Apr 2019, 17:11, edited 14 times in total.
Wobbly
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (1452)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Heptarchy 16 Recruiting! **Discord Game**

Postby StarkAdder » 18 Mar 2019, 19:45

Wobbly, I've played in Forum games with you (and been soundly thrashed) but have never had the pleasure of a game GMed by you, nor have a sampled Heptarchy. Please sign me up if there is room. By the way, that colourful map is bloody brilliant!

StarkAdder
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1193
All-game rating: 1011
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Heptarchy 16 Recruiting! **Discord Game**

Postby Wobbly » 18 Mar 2019, 20:24

StarkAdder wrote:Wobbly, I've played in Forum games with you (and been soundly thrashed) but have never had the pleasure of a game GMed by you, nor have a sampled Heptarchy. Please sign me up if there is room. By the way, that colourful map is bloody brilliant!

StarkAdder

I don't know about thrashed, Lord Eddard. But welcome! joe92 has made quite a map!
Wobbly
Premium Member

Re: Heptarchy 16 Recruiting! **Discord Game** (1 of 7)

Postby Aeschines » 18 Mar 2019, 20:58

Can't wait! Count me in.

Also, I will make it my policy to only respond to messages that are sent "in character." Just a fair warning to all of y'all. ;)
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1424
All-game rating: 1576

Re: Heptarchy 16 Recruiting! **Discord Game** (1 of 7)

Postby StarkAdder » 18 Mar 2019, 21:04

Do we need to do accents, too, Aeschines? I can manage an Irish or Scottish brogue and maybe a bit of Welsh, but not sure my Cornish or Midlands dialects will work electronically...

StarkAdder
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1193
All-game rating: 1011

Re: Heptarchy 16 Recruiting! **Discord Game** (2 of 7)

Postby Woolgie » 18 Mar 2019, 21:25

I’m in.
Jon Stark in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire III - Winter is coming
GMing my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
Woolgie
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1028
All-game rating: 920
Timezone: GMT

Re: Heptarchy 16 Recruiting! **Discord Game** (3 of 7)

Postby Iamnobody » 18 Mar 2019, 21:55

I might be interested in joining, but I have a question that might be a bit odd. What is Discord and how do you play over it?
Heptarchy XVI - Wales - 6-way draw
Days of Enlightenment II - Sweden - Currently playing
Iamnobody

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1035
All-game rating: 1036
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby patatevolante4 » 18 Mar 2019, 21:56

Count me in!
patatevolante4

Standard rating: 837
All-game rating: 839
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby patatevolante4 » 18 Mar 2019, 21:58

Iamnobody wrote:I might be interested in joining, but I have a question that might be a bit odd. What is Discord and how do you play over it?

Discord is somewhat the new Skype. It's mainly used for gaming. You should really create an account, since this is certainly not the last time that you will use it.
patatevolante4

Standard rating: 837
All-game rating: 839
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby Wobbly » 18 Mar 2019, 22:01

Iamnobody wrote:I might be interested in joining, but I have a question that might be a bit odd. What is Discord and how do you play over it?

Hi Iamnobody! Discord is a communications tool. It was developed for online gaming, but it works really well for Diplomacy, I've found. It allows for consolidated comms between players and has a really useful smartphone app that makes playing by phone a lot easier (there's also a browser-based option). You can set up private channels easily and access the maps and moves, all in one place.

If you follow the Discord link in the message, you should be prompted to set up an account and will have access to the server. I'll put you down as a maybe. If you don't think the Discord thing is appealing, let me know and I can take you off.
Wobbly
Premium Member

Next

Return to Heptarchy 16