More a website question than a rules question.

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

More a website question than a rules question.

Postby Synche » 03 Feb 2019, 14:23

I am down to 1 province without a center, with no armies, why am I still obligated to finish this game? Is there a way to leave without effecting my website reputation. I literally can't do anything, but I am still in this game.
Synche

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (977)
Timezone: GMT

Re: More a website question than a rules question.

Postby hedge trimmer » 03 Feb 2019, 14:59

No units and no centers?

Check the "Status" panel under your game, I think there should be a button near the bottom that lets you stop following the game once you're eliminated.

I hope this helps. I know the button exists at least! :D
Silent and deadly Loud and annoying
hedge trimmer

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1374
All-game rating: 1394
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Synche » 03 Feb 2019, 15:14

I'm definitely not eliminated though, even though I should be. It is still counting as one of my 3 games. I would quit but isn't there some kind of Ambassador reputation thing to get?
Synche

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (977)

Postby hedge trimmer » 03 Feb 2019, 15:24

Yes, the site leaves the game on your active games list even after you've been reduced to 0 centers and 0 units (which meant by eliminated), and you need to manually stop following it.

Ambassador status is only affected if you "surrender", and I think in this case the surrender button should be replaced with a "stop following" button. I'm not sure what the exact wording for it is, but it should be under the status panel.

EDIT: Oh, I think you'll get your ambassador status once your games actually finish, so you might have to wait a while.
Silent and deadly Loud and annoying
hedge trimmer

Standard rating: 1374
All-game rating: 1394
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby V » 03 Feb 2019, 16:36

The button says “ignore” & yes it’s under the status drop down.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1718
All-game rating: 1754
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby super_dipsy » 03 Feb 2019, 17:15

Just to clear up a few things
- Once a Build phase is processed that leaves you with 0 centres and 0 units, you are now officially eliminated from the game
- Being eliminated means that the game no longer counts to your limit of 3, and as has been mentioned if you go to the Status tab in the game, where the Surrender button used to be it shoukld now say Ignore
- If you do nothing, the game will continue to appear in your game list (but does not count to your 3)
- If you click Ignore, the game will be removed from your game list
- NOTE: if you have lost all your armies on the board but you have not yet had the Build phase, you need to wait for the Build phase. it is the Build phase where the software determines you are officially eliminated. If you surrender before then, you WILL be penalized as normal for the surrender. The game WILL also count to your game limit until the Build Phase has processed
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 941

Postby condude1 » 04 Feb 2019, 18:59

Out of curiosity, what about the situation where you have one non home-sc (say Portugal, since it always seems to be the problem here), and no units left? Is there a way to ignore the game? Just asking out of scientific curiosity.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby NJLonghorn » 04 Feb 2019, 19:41

condude1 wrote:Out of curiosity, what about the situation where you have one non home-sc (say Portugal, since it always seems to be the problem here), and no units left? Is there a way to ignore the game? Just asking out of scientific curiosity.

I've seen this question raised in the forum before, and I'm pretty sure the answer is that you are stuck. A player in that scenario has not been eliminated so the "surrender" button will still be there.

The good news is that the situation rarely persists for long. You are right that one situation where it can persist is standoff between units in MAO and Spain, leaving Portugal open.
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions