Re: Tribal Mafia Thread D3

Postby kimpossible » 01 Jul 2018, 13:42

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Emd Day

What a farce.

END DAY

Apparently I can’t sprll.

Irony? :)
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2018, 13:42

kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Emd Day

What a farce.

END DAY

Apparently I can’t sprll.

Irony? :)

Of the intentional variety.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 01 Jul 2018, 13:52

Coulda edited it. Probably nothing bad would happen now. ;)
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2018, 14:09

kimbyrle wrote:Coulda edited it. Probably nothing bad would happen now. ;)

Eh. I’d rather turn it into a mildly amusing joke :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 01 Jul 2018, 14:16

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Actually, no.

Nanook

Town can't win, but at least we can not just let him win.

If UFO keeps his vote on you (and there’s no reason for him to want to kill me, since I just handed him the game), I won’t die—I had the idol last night, I’m the tiebreak.

And I’m not even sure why the ire is directed at me. It’s not my fault I had a horrible wincon. I resisted turning this game into a shitfest as long as I could—and I could’ve done this yesterday with the same result. But I can’t just ignore my wincon, ya know? Even if it’s a garbage one that I strongly hate.

Going back to this -- I kinda wish you had done it yesterday. There was essentially no way for town to win one you were resurrected. If we'd lynched you, town loss. If you'd gotten them to lynch me by revealing it, town loss. We lynched scum and we're going to lose. Literally the only chance was you being night killed. Which I can accept was a reason not to do it then.

But I spent three days feeling completely singled out and gaslit, so I think you can understand that my initial emotional response here was a resounding "Fuck you so much." I've cooled off a little now.
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2018, 14:23

kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Actually, no.

Nanook

Town can't win, but at least we can not just let him win.

If UFO keeps his vote on you (and there’s no reason for him to want to kill me, since I just handed him the game), I won’t die—I had the idol last night, I’m the tiebreak.

And I’m not even sure why the ire is directed at me. It’s not my fault I had a horrible wincon. I resisted turning this game into a shitfest as long as I could—and I could’ve done this yesterday with the same result. But I can’t just ignore my wincon, ya know? Even if it’s a garbage one that I strongly hate.

Going back to this -- I kinda wish you had done it yesterday. There was essentially no way for town to win one you were resurrected. If we'd lynched you, town loss. If you'd gotten them to lynch me by revealing it, town loss. We lynched scum and we're going to lose. Literally the only chance was you being night killed. Which I can accept was a reason not to do it then.

But I spent three days feeling completely singled out and gaslit, so I think you can understand that my initial emotional response here was a resounding "Fuck you so much." I've cooled off a little now.

Yeah, I get that. It was a choice between two really crappy options. I figured trying to get you lynched honestly instead of breaking the game was the better and more generally decent way to go about it. To my mind, it's not that different from scum pushing a case they know is wrong, which is just part of the game, as opposed to breaking the game in this manner.

It wasn't meant to be taken personally, the same as when I'm scum pushing fake cases it's not personal at all. It's just what I had to do to at least make an attempt to play to my wincon, cause I can't just say "No, that's a shitty wincon, I refuse," cause that's a crappy thing to do too.

In general, I'd also say that having cases made against you that are wrong is just, ya know, part of the game sometimes. Even sometimes coming from townies. It's certainly something I can empathize with as being frustrating, but it's just something that you have to deal with from time to time.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 01 Jul 2018, 14:43

Yeah, I get that. But it was a situation where my brain was never going to go to "This is an intentionally fake case" because you being town was already determined. I would have voted you way, way earlier if I hadn't been certain you were town.

From your perspective, it wasn't so different from being scum making a fake case. From my perspective, I was constantly wondering why you really thought that stuff about me. You really are in an almost uniquely privileged position to know why I never would have faked a Cop claim when I did, which was how I arrived at my desperate hope that you were baiting me as the one townie you definitely wouldn't protect.

I know it wasn't meant to be personal, but I was in a position of believing we both had every reason to be telling the truth, so it felt that way at the time.

I'm not bitter at you now, just doubling back to why I was really upset last night. And I doubt this is a scenario I'm likely to end up in much, if ever again... Fake case from scum that I can try to recognize as fake, sure. Wrong but genuine case from townie that I can try to defend against, sure. Fake case that I have no prayer of changing their mind about from a "cleared" townie? This has got to be a rare occurrence.
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2018, 14:58

Oh yeah, I completely get it from your POV. It’s a really shitty position.

There’s a reason neither of us are likely to be in a similar position again, and it’s because this role and wincon absolutely sucked. From the beginning of the game is fine, in the middle is really shitty.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 01 Jul 2018, 15:00

I wonder why I was the target...
kimpossible

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads