Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (D4)

Postby kimpossible » 19 Mar 2018, 16:10

And I recompiled from the thread, this is what everyone reported. Matches what we've been working from today.

Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 19 Mar 2018, 16:46

kimbyrle wrote:
sjg11 wrote:WE'VE WON!

I'm a Sane Cop and I got a dirty on Chuck last night. Game, set, match.

Okay, I'm just gonna ask the question: does it bother anyone just a little that sjg opened with this when only smith and I were talking results yet? The way it set off alarm bells in my own head when Smith decided to vote me first post without waiting for the rest of it?

I know we're down to a mechanical victory either way, though I'm meticulously recombing the thread juuuuuuuuust to verify. But this pings me. Just a little.

I'd had 3 Inno results in a row on presumed townies, telling me I'm almost certainly not Random. So do you.

Both of us then get dirty results on Chuck today. Like, that puts Chuck in 2 dipoles... meaning that like 99.9% of the time he's scum here.

Oh, and End Day
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 19 Mar 2018, 16:47

If anyone has any questions for me, I'll be answering.

Other than that kinda struggling to figure out what to say.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Harb » 19 Mar 2018, 17:46

I've accepted pretty readily the clears on EAH and smith, but I swear every time I see a different version of the various results posted I triple check for Kim. :D

For what it's worth, I came into the day with a similar thinking to mhsmith on the NK. I found myself kind of hoping to be dead since it would be a pretty clear indicator sjg. I sighed a bit at seeing the Keir kill just due to the fact it meant I'd abandoned my Chuck read too early.

I'm also fine with an End Day, though I believe in the past Wyse has preferred to confirm interest in an End Day mechanic with all parties privately if there's not an established End Day mechanic in the rules (I didn't see one). It may not matter with both sjg and Chuck in favor, but I'll leave it to the GM to handle it their preferred way before I start voting things.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 17:49

So ignoring everything reported from everyone who's already dead...

Chuck:
n0 harb wolf
n1 kei honest
n2 exiled wolf
n3 sjg wolf
If a villager can only be random

smith
n0 harb town
n1 kei town
n2 exiled town
n3 chuck town
(I went back and validated this)
if chuck is town, i can be naive or honest (or VAGUELY possible random but obv unlikely)

sjg
n0 harb town
n1 kei town
n2 exiled town
n3 chuck wolf
if chuck is town, can only be random or wolf

kim
n0 harb town
n1 kei town
n2 exiled town
n3 chuck wolf
if chuck is town, can only be random or wolf

Harb, Exiled, and smith are hard-cleared since if any of them is last wolf, sjg, kim, and chuck are all random cops which is impossible.

Kim is cleared for other claims (specifically, if kim is the last wolf, then nook, asu, and dwilts have all removed themsleves from sane or naive pool with their red checks on chuck, sjg, and keirador respectively, leaving harb/smith as the full naive/sane cop pool... and there MUST be 3+ such cops)

If everyone verifies their claims I'll vote end day as well.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Harb » 19 Mar 2018, 17:50

kimbyrle wrote:

Okay, I'm just gonna ask the question: does it bother anyone just a little that sjg opened with this when only smith and I were talking results yet? The way it set off alarm bells in my own head when Smith decided to vote me first post without waiting for the rest of it?

I know we're down to a mechanical victory either way, though I'm meticulously recombing the thread juuuuuuuuust to verify. But this pings me. Just a little.

Didn't really bother me, no. Sjg is almost always enthusiastic first, and careful later. It's one of the things we love appreciate grind our teeth and wish he would only do as one alignment to make all our lives easier know about him.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)

Postby kimpossible » 19 Mar 2018, 17:50

sjg11 wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:

I'd had 3 Inno results in a row on presumed townies, telling me I'm almost certainly not Random. So do you.

Both of us then get dirty results on Chuck today. Like, that puts Chuck in 2 dipoles... meaning that like 99.9% of the time he's scum here.

Oh, and End Day

Ok, fair 'nuff. Wanted to make sure you had a good reason in mind before jumping on that.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 19 Mar 2018, 17:51

End Day to express my preference for that happening, knowing it would probably still require unanimous poll from Wyse. I do recall him doing that towards the end of Men At Arms.
kimpossible

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 18:03

Subject: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (D4)

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Stupidface

Investigated Shadow, got a dirty IR back, until given a reason to think that IR is innacurate I'll stick to it.

Class is about to start, I'll be back in tonight.

asudevil wrote:Im here...I investigated SJG11...he's dirty

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
condude1 wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:first and foremost obviously I investigated kier when I investigated kier I got dirty and n0 I had investigated condude and got that condude was honest
so that limits which cop I am to either sane insane or random... this is the point where Im still wishing we would have investigated nook last night and lynched him today then on day 3 it would have been more obvious as to what I was rather then having 3 possibilities I would have only had 2... now if we don't lynch one of our investigation choices tonight we are still at 3 possibilities of cops rather then 2 going into day 3...

Uhhh, this is really weird.

We know Nook is town. If you'd investigated him, there are a couple of options:

You're sane, and get town result.

You're insane and get scum result.

You're random and get god knows what.

With a town result, you'd think you could be anything except paranoid or naive (3 results)
With a guilty, you'd think you were either insane, paranoid, or random (again three results).

nope wrong cuz first of all we didn't know nook was town yesterday so don't try to switch my wording... second had we investigated him last night and lynched him today with my first night (n0) result I got honest and had I investigated him today and got dirty and then we lynch him and hes town... that would have ment that the only 2 chances of what I could have been insane or random... so 2 options by day 3 as I had stated in the original posting... where we are at now we will still be at 3 day 3...
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 18:05

asu isn't going to be derp city and give a fake result

dwilts was super aware of what his result was and nothing in there remotely reads like running some kind of godawful ploy

nook's whole to do with his shadow investigate and resulting situation seems super super nonsensical for "oh i actually got town"

so yeah i'm not buying any of these three as incorrectly reporting results
mhsmith0

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads