Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 1)

Postby kimpossible » 14 Feb 2018, 04:37

asudevil wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Although, in pulling up that sjg quote from way back, it makes me wonder how he went all the way from "You cannot interfere in any matches today" (as he later clarified was the message he received from the GM) (also I'm on my phone so linking is a pain arm) to "I'm one step closer to being night killed here." That seems like a big leap to make.

He probably just saw...bloody...hurt...attacked...limited powers...and assumed he was injured...but I see what you are saying. But its a jump I understand.

A jump that implies he didn't read whatever the GM told him about it before he started getting on people's case about it in the thread?
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 14 Feb 2018, 04:39

kimbyrle wrote:
asudevil wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Although, in pulling up that sjg quote from way back, it makes me wonder how he went all the way from "You cannot interfere in any matches today" (as he later clarified was the message he received from the GM) (also I'm on my phone so linking is a pain arm) to "I'm one step closer to being night killed here." That seems like a big leap to make.

He probably just saw...bloody...hurt...attacked...limited powers...and assumed he was injured...but I see what you are saying. But its a jump I understand.

A jump that implies he didn't read whatever the GM told him about it before he started getting on people's case about it in the thread?

+1ing this.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 14 Feb 2018, 04:47

Also, yes... heel chat is verified by ZZ.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby RedSun » 14 Feb 2018, 04:53

Just verified with ZZ that Heel chat exists.

So Sjg is my vote right now

He has sloppily jumped onto my case and then Telleo's case without giving any of his own reasons. In my case he pointed out a "scumslip" when I was just referring to something that happened earlier. Claimed to be injured when he wasn't. Also claimed 3p before unclaiming it and also admitted it could be a ballsy moment by scum.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Feb 2018, 05:02

CHECKPOINT #1
(All tokens have been received for undercard and are finalized)

c4 wrote:SJG11 (3): JoeHoya06, Telleo, RedSun
Telleo (2): kimbyrle, sjg11
nanooktheeskimo (2): asudevil, Dwiltse1114
RedSun (1): UpsideDownChuck
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby kimpossible » 14 Feb 2018, 05:09

I unvoted, which should be valid by the rules, yes?
kimpossible

Postby Telleo » 14 Feb 2018, 05:11

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Ok, so, I've got two kind of important pieces of information for ya'll. Listen up, nerds.

The first, is that there IS scum chat. I asked ZZ, and he revealed a hidden mechanic, that scum chat exists. Ask him if the heels have private communication to verify it yourself.

This, unfortunately, means that Telleo didn't scumslip. She still might be scum of course, but not because of that.

I can't find my Andre Braugher "Vindication" gif right now, but I'd post it if I had it. Suck it, nerds.

Weird that it's not in the rules, but IS discoverable by inquisitive townies though. Huh... Messages sent to ZZ. Will report back shortly.

The second, is that sjg wasn't attacked by scum last night, he was attacked by me. Sort of. I have a quasi-blocker role, in that I can block sjg due to having been mentored by him and knowing his moves. I was extremely surprised when he claimed to be injured, as that was not an explicit part of my role, but I wanted to keep quiet and see how things played out for a bit, cause I figured there was more to learn that way than from revealing immediately. Him not in fact being injured and that just being flavor makes much much more sense with the wording of my role.

I don't know where the rest of the town stands on revealing powers, but it felt important to have that out there at some point today, given how things have gone, and I figure with 48 hours left that gives everyone else more than enough time to dissect and discuss as needed, while still having that initial 24 hours to draw data from.

I... don't know what to make of this. Why attack Sjg? You indicate that you can't use this ability on other players, is that correct? Are there limits on number of uses/consecutive uses? As written, it's an odd role... basically shuts Sjg entirely out of whatever ability he might possess.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 Feb 2018, 05:15

kimbyrle wrote:Also, yes... heel chat is verified by ZZ.

Villlagery
UpsideDownChuck

Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 Feb 2018, 05:16

Why is ‘listen up nerds’ in red? Are you activating a power?
UpsideDownChuck

Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)

Postby Telleo » 14 Feb 2018, 05:17

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Telleo, I'm gonna get to you in a bit with specifics about what I'm talking about, but I'll say briefly now that you're defending me for one thing, then scumreading me for a very similar thing. Like, you're defending me on the basis of "That's not what Nanook said about winning/losing a match," but you're also scumreading me for half of something I said and ignoring the rest of the context of it.

I'd like some more consistency there, cause it kinda almost feels like you're trying to fake a "be right for the right reasons" case...except the case you're making is also for the wrong reasons.

(It's also wrong, but that's largely irrelevant to whether it makes sense for you to make or not.)

I disagree that I'm being inconsistent. I'm ASKING you for more context re: you believing that scum were involved in the early leaks. I think (UDC? Joe? One of them) made a point about that post feeling performative, and I don't disagree. It feels like you wanted to be upset about the leaks, and threw out scum manipulation as a possibility, without considering if that was actually the case, and without following through on that thought to investigate WHERE scum manipulation was occurring, if at all.

See my problem here? The OTHER attacks on you are just a blatant ignoring of the second half of your sentence, which I won't stand for. This is looking at the implications of your words, which you don't appear to consider yourself.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads