Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Fable 11- The Zeppo- In Development

Postby Nanook » 11 Jan 2018, 21:49

Zoomzip wrote:Personal feeling is that from a "I want to maximize my chances of winning something" -- you agree for the bomb to go off regardless of your win con as town. That way the rest of the game is a pure town play: Townies playing for full win con or partial win con, and that's all that matters. Then again, I come from the "Remove the obstacles to a town victory" Theory of town play.

Why does this help more than not setting off the bomb? Either way you've got town members playing to a partial win and town players playing to a full win, regardless of whether the bomb goes off or not.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 11 Jan 2018, 21:51

Zoomzip wrote:Personal feeling is that from a "I want to maximize my chances of winning something" -- you agree for the bomb to go off regardless of your win con as town. That way the rest of the game is a pure town play: Townies playing for full win con or partial win con, and that's all that matters. Then again, I come from the "Remove the obstacles to a town victory" Theory of town play.

The town could choose to do that. That would, however, leave a block of townies around who could no longer achieve a complete win.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 11 Jan 2018, 22:05

sjg11 wrote:

The town could choose to do that. That would, however, leave a block of townies around who could no longer achieve a complete win.

Sure. But that's going to be true no matter what. Resolving the situation and focusing on the mafia game is more important. Plan is clearly Town +

nanooktheeskimo wrote:

Why does this help more than not setting off the bomb? Either way you've got town members playing to a partial win and town players playing to a full win, regardless of whether the bomb goes off or not.

Because if you blow it up, the decision is made and no point talking about it anymore. Done. Dusted. Now go out and win as much as you can. Whereas the longer you don't blow it up, the more the question could live depending on who lives long enough to argue it. So blow it up, because you can't unexplode it :)
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to In Development