Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Postby shadowface » 26 Nov 2017, 04:05

Parabellum wrote:
shadowface wrote:Sjg, I don't understand what you're saying your role is. You follow people around without doing anything or learning anything? That's not really a role.

I guess there's no harm in claiming roles now since it's LYLO. I'm a "revenant", which means even if I die I can continue posting in the thread. I wouldn't get my lynch vote back or count towards the town's numbers, but I can weigh in on stuff.

I wish more people had joined. The roles might actually be more relevant in that case. Because I'm not going to get a chance to use this but I was hoping that I'd be able to sass off to whoever had killed me :P

Can you talk more about your role? If you died, would your alignment be revealed?

Yes. I basically just die but get to keep talking on future days. So I'd be a good source of wisdom because you'd know I was town, but I wouldn't count as a citizen with voting rights or anything.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 26 Nov 2017, 04:17

Parabellum wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Well that was that I was doing something other than killing last night but you've already disregarded that point...

Also, my pm said that I wasn't being watched until midnight-ish... so you could have done the murder before that. Don't know how much Condude thought about the timeline, but hey.

Wait, I actually read that wrong. I was being watched throughout the night. hm....

I don't see this as meaning anything. Typically in games where scum have a role they can use it while killing people.
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby shadowface » 26 Nov 2017, 04:28

So I'm pretty sure that you're not scum now Para because I don't think you'd still be around trying to solve things at this point if you were. Which means my vote stays on sjg.

If you have any questions for me ask away, otherwise I don't have much to add.

Parabellum wrote:Also, strangely enough, that post has been edited 6 times... the last time being yesterday!

This is really weird. I'm looking for what changed but I don't see any difference based on what I remember :|. Maybe he's just trolling you? Did you get your message from him in orange or black?
shadowface

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 04:57

shadowface wrote:So I'm pretty sure that you're not scum now Para because I don't think you'd still be around trying to solve things at this point if you were. Which means my vote stays on sjg.

If you have any questions for me ask away, otherwise I don't have much to add.

Parabellum wrote:Also, strangely enough, that post has been edited 6 times... the last time being yesterday!

This is really weird. I'm looking for what changed but I don't see any difference based on what I remember :|. Maybe he's just trolling you? Did you get your message from him in orange or black?

Black.

Sjg, do you see anything in post 1 that woudl point to sf?
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 05:00

Sorry, hit submit too quickly.

SF, I know that he's probably trolling me, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least check it out.

Anyway, he's either trolling me or there's something there. Either way, I'm highly amused. I hope condude runs a bigger game after Fable is over.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Postby shadowface » 26 Nov 2017, 05:07

Parabellum wrote:Sorry, hit submit too quickly.

SF, I know that he's probably trolling me, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least check it out.

Definitely fair.

Parabellum wrote:Anyway, he's either trolling me or there's something there. Either way, I'm highly amused. I hope condude runs a bigger game after Fable is over.

Dude runs lots of games and they're usually quite good in terms of creative designs, so you're in luck.
shadowface

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 05:23

I won't be back before the deadline.

Sjg, if you're really town, I'm sorry - I don't see how I could have voted otherwise, though. I don't really blame you for not putting a case on SF directly, she doesn't give much for us to pin down (hence our conversation on her play style earlier in the game). Your case on her was poe, which just isn't good enough for me, since I didn't have a good reason to eliminate you. Anyway, I did read your posts, but I'm sorry if I didn't communicate clearly enough for you to know that I was engaging you.

So I'll log back in in a bit, and hopefully it'll be to see a town victory! If not, SF is my first OMGUS vote in Fable. I never want to see her in LYLO again. :)
Parabellum

Postby condude1 » 26 Nov 2017, 06:26

The remaining townies decide that Sjg11 is Iggagazt. I mean, the only explanation for how bad his breath stunk was that he bathed in sulfur, right? And the only reason that realistically explains his Arsenal obsession is that he's the spawn of hell. Unfortunately, despite these brilliant observations, it turns out that Sjg11 was just another townie...

Sjg11 was a Stalker Townie

Parabellum goes white, and draws a sword. After a quick and brutal duel, he disarms Shadowface, and moves in for the kill. Oddly, however, Shadowface is smirking...?

"Thank you my minion...", a voice booms from behind Parabellum. Turning around, he nearly faints from terror. Where Condude stood, overseeing the execution, now stands a pale red skinned devil, nearly 10 feet tall. Spikes protrude from much of his body, and his eyes are a penetrating orange. Shadowface takes this opportunity to draw a dagger she had hidden away, stabbing Parabellum directly in the back.

The last vision Parabellum sees is Iggagazt laughing his horrible, booming laugh, before a terrible heat puts him out of his misery...

A few days later, the wizened mage Condude is sighted, claiming to have defeated Iggagazt for once and for all, in a battle that leveled the town. In exchange for his wonderful service to the kingdom, Condude is given a role as advisor to the king, because his benevolence, truthfulness, and service to the kingdom are rivaled by none...

Congratulations to Shadowface (Conduit of Iggagazt) and Condude1(Iggagazt) for their victory!

AAR is here.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to Game Threads