Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Postby sjg11 » 26 Nov 2017, 02:18

Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:Any last words, SJG? Unfortunately there were no fingerprints at the Telleo scene, so we can't provide indisputable evidence, but with Iggs we can't take a chance on life in prison.

PB, you have a lot to learn from this game.

Firstly, dumb is not scum. A non-indicative moment is a non-indicative moment no matter how stupid it is. And yes my Day One vote on nanook was pretty stupid and was abysmal play. For that reason I accept full responsibility for this town defeat.

Secondly, my nanook argument is completely airtight and I'll stand by it until the day I die. In the AAR you will know that I was both sincere and correct. Learn from that. Re-read what I was actually arguing here and actually try to understand it. From the start of this conversation you've entered into it with an "sjg is scum" mindset. Keirador did that in the last game and it irritated me. You enter into an engagement with me like that then it's impossible for me to engage with you as town.

shadowface

Your vote is shit and you know better than this. You're scum.

I haven't, though. I've engaged your arguments and explained why I thought you were wrong. And the really telling post to me was when you tried to claim that Nanook had asked about the ratios. That never happened. *shrug* If I'm wrong and SF is scum again, well... I'm just going to start off fable by voting her unless given a compelling reason to do otherwise on D1.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 26 Nov 2017, 02:19

Sorry about that, accidentally hit send too soon. PB, I’m explaining things here and you ain’t engaging. I’m town and it’s making it impossible to get through to you here
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:07

sjg11 wrote:Sorry about that, accidentally hit send too soon. PB, I’m explaining things here and you ain’t engaging. I’m town and it’s making it impossible to get through to you here

Did you read my posts? Because they do engage your arguments.

I'm curious to hear more from you, though. I'm not really interested in discussing the Nanook stuff, we won't agree on that. However, at the beginning of the day, you said you had learned some stuff last night that should convince us that you're town. Care to explain?
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 26 Nov 2017, 03:12

Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Sorry about that, accidentally hit send too soon. PB, I’m explaining things here and you ain’t engaging. I’m town and it’s making it impossible to get through to you here

I'm curious to hear more from you, though. I'm not really interested in discussing the Nanook stuff, we won't agree on that. However, at the beginning of the day, you said you had learned some stuff last night that should convince us that you're town. Care to explain?

Well that was that I was doing something other than killing last night but you've already disregarded that point...
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:13

sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

Well that was that I was doing something other than killing last night but you've already disregarded that point...

Well yeah, you left a dagger in my door. Not very friendly!

You said something about being poisoned. Were you just bs'ing, or was that part of your night-end pm?
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:15

sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

Also, my pm said that I wasn't being watched until midnight-ish... so you could have done the murder before that. Don't know how much Condude thought about the timeline, but hey.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:34

Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

Also, my pm said that I wasn't being watched until midnight-ish... so you could have done the murder before that. Don't know how much Condude thought about the timeline, but hey.

Wait, I actually read that wrong. I was being watched throughout the night. hm....
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:36

shadowface wrote:Sjg, I don't understand what you're saying your role is. You follow people around without doing anything or learning anything? That's not really a role.

I guess there's no harm in claiming roles now since it's LYLO. I'm a "revenant", which means even if I die I can continue posting in the thread. I wouldn't get my lynch vote back or count towards the town's numbers, but I can weigh in on stuff.

I wish more people had joined. The roles might actually be more relevant in that case. Because I'm not going to get a chance to use this but I was hoping that I'd be able to sass off to whoever had killed me :P

Can you talk more about your role? If you died, would your alignment be revealed?
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:45

condude1 wrote:Igaggazt, an ancient archdemon known for his godlike powers of deception, had been assumed dead for decades. His final battle with Condude1, a wizard of extraordinary power, resulted in a miles-wide explosion, of which only the benevolent mage survived. However, his presumed death did not stop his followers from attempting to bring him back to this world. After years of secretive rituals, Igaggazt was discovered to still be alive, hidden away and using his powers of deception to make himself unnoticed. His cultists have joined forces with him, and hope to rule the world through betrayal and lies. It is up to you, good townies, to stop these cultists in their tracks!

The bolded part could be describing the day in GalaxyQuest when Condude was pitted against Sjg for the lynch vote. We voted on Sjg, but RedSun used the omega to save him. So in this interpretation, Sjg would be Iggs. The only part of my interpretation that doesn't really work is that the next day Sjg was pitted against UDC, not Condude.

Again, the reason I'm fixated on post 1 is that my pm last night said I should dig there for info.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 03:51

Also, strangely enough, that post has been edited 6 times... the last time being yesterday!
Parabellum

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads