Greater Frankish San Marino

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Greater Frankish San Marino

Postby Erate » 21 Nov 2017, 01:04

The Grand Santocracy Of Greater San Marino Of The Franks (Greater Sand Marino For Short) Is A Nation Founded By Saint Frank The Frank, The Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandson Of Saint Marinus Of The Isle Of Rab.
The Capital Is New San Marino Smack Dab In The Middle Of The Baja California, The Nation Can Only Be Lead By A Saint Of The Church Of Saint Marinus, A Position That Can Be Assigned By Either The Pope Or Any Living Descendent Of San Marino (As Long As They Aren't The Pope), The Nation Has An Estimated Population Of 2000 Citizens, Plus An Extra 100000 Living In The Cities Of Baja, The Nation Was Founded In Baja California, But Slowly Expanded Out To New Mexico And Colorado, As Well As Central California In The North, The Army Contains 500 Soldiers, And The Navy Has 750 Hand-Made Ships, With 10 People Each.
The Land Is Mostly Desert, But The People Have Found Ways To Survive In The Desert, Using Interesting Hose Thingies, And Underground Bunkers Made Partially Of Cacti And Bamboo.

Erate wrote:First land: Baja California, Arizona, western New Mexico, southern Colorado, and southern California.
Capital City: New San Marino
Government type: Theocracy
Starting Population: 50 million ( 20 Million In Baja, 5 Million In Arizona And New Mexico Each, 15 Million In (Upper) California, And 5 Million In Colorado (Yes, The Population Did Just Drastically Increase, A Bunch Of Immigrants Came Out Of No-Where)
Information on size of Military: 100,000 soldiers, 25 Warships, And 10 Small Combat Vessels, As Well As 5 Air-Superiority Fighters.
Starting technologies: (What Am I Supposed To Put Here? Water Pump Thingies Allowing Farming In The Deserts?)
Some advantages your civ holds: 2 Of The Largest Ports On The West Coast Of North America (Even Though One, New San Marino, Is On The East-Coast Of Baja)
Some disadvantages your civ must deal with: Inhospitable desert conditions.
Anything else: A Unique Religion (The Church Of Saint Marinus). (Note, Most Of The Information Before This Section Is Somewhat Outdated.

The Current Year In The Sammarinese Calendar Is 4246, With The Year Zero Being 301 On The Traditional Calendar, The Year Saint Marinus Built A Chapel That Would Become The Republic Of San Marino!
The Nation Is Divided Into 5 States, Baja California, Upper California, Arizonia, Eastana (Colorado And New Mexico), And Ute'i (Utah And Nevada).
Last edited by Erate on 27 Nov 2017, 01:04, edited 6 times in total.
Erate

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Greater Frankish San Marino

Postby RedSun » 21 Nov 2017, 02:31

Welcome to CYOC!

The Republic of Asteria bids you welcome to the global stage. Seeing as your country is relatively small and is affiliated with a particular religion we wonder if you'd like to have our military protect you as it has in Nirvan another ally of ours which is mainly Buddhist.
Your religion would get official recognition within Asteria's bounderies. (Buddhism's begun to rival some of our home religions like Taylu)
You would be protected militarily by Asteria assuming you would do the same for Asteria assuming the need arises.

Further details could be arranged as well if you are interested.

We also could set up an embassy if you desire and you could send one yourself and also we would like if possible to set up an Asterian Abroad University in Greater Frankish San Marino.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Subotai45 » 21 Nov 2017, 03:17

I'm Venus. Buy my stuff.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby Constantine072 » 21 Nov 2017, 03:29

Evening expect more formal greeting tomorrow
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby musashisamurai » 21 Nov 2017, 03:42

Greetings, I am Pacifica, member of the Mobius Confederacy! We are the friendly green giant.

Also you may find it easier to organize your country using the suggested format

Country name:
First land:
Capital City:
Government type:
Starting Population (50 million or less):
Information on size of Military(max 10% of pop):
Starting technologies:
Some advantages your civ holds:
Some disadvantages your civ must deal with:
Anything else:

You might find it best to increase your population btw.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby PrinceAli » 21 Nov 2017, 08:21

Welcome!

I am the leader of the YinShun Empirical Combined State, which is located in (IRL present-day) China. In-game, it'll be hard for me to really interact with anyone new (like by sending an official Ambassador) for the next few days because my country is about to go through a revolution, but if you need any advice from New Power (NP) to NP, I'm here to talk to!
When the going gets tough, make lemonade.

CYOC
Plays as The Complex (a voting bloc) of Meditia
Formerly The Honorable Ontaic Therc, Member of the Triumvirate of the Oriental Republic
Before that, The Empress Arya of the YinShun Empirical Combined State
PrinceAli

Standard rating: (1138)
All-game rating: (1268)

Postby jonisilk » 21 Nov 2017, 10:40

Greeting from the PCG (Phoenix Corporate Group). We're the yellow on the Mars and South American maps.

A progressive corporate conglomerate, we're a nation of peaceful, artistic people with a proud history of humanitarian work through the Darius Initiative and the Samaritan Fund(*).

(* The Samaritan Fund is a grant - not a loan, so you don't have to pay it back - awarded to new nations, through the F.U.N. It's a 1 trn cc cash injection that you can use to tackle your most pressing concerns. The only stipulation is that it cannot be used to buy military hardware)

We're dispatching to your nation a Master Teller (Tellers are the wise-men of our culture), who will serve as an ambassador to your nation. He will come with a complete set of our cultural works, for admission to your national archives. No need to accommodate him though, as we tend to prefer staying in orbit (prolonged exposure to your gravity can be physically taxing for us).

We look forward to seeing your nation grow and develop over the coming years and are glad to offer any help we can, as you look to play your part within the wider international community.

Uriel ap Idris,

11th President of the PCG and Member of the governing body.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)

Postby Erate » 21 Nov 2017, 21:07

Greetings To The PCG, I Thank You For Your Ambassador, But I Believe We Need Nothing Of You At The Current Time, Perhaps At A Later Date?
Erate

Postby Erate » 21 Nov 2017, 21:08

Greetings To RedSun Of Asteria, We Graciously Accept Your Offer!
Erate

Postby Erate » 21 Nov 2017, 21:11

Greetings To The YinShuan Empirical Combined State! (Can I Call You YinShuan For Short?)
Erate

Next

Return to Create Your Own Country