Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 2)

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 01:08

Keirador wrote:ZZ, this asu's first post of D2. I don't know how you missed it if you're claiming you re-read his D2.

asudevil wrote:I re-read last night as well. I agree with Zoom Shadow didn't give a crap about who was going down yesterday.

Im not stunned SJG was killed last night because a lot of people? town read him. But at the same time he put the hammer vote down on a townie. So maybe he could have gotten a mislynch later.

My other issue was UDC's move off ZZ and onto Conq. I could totally see UDC being like "crap...I need to get off the ZZ lynch with my scum-chum Shadow and onto the most viable counter-lynch". His reasoning wasn't solid for the switch in my book. He seemed more sold early on a ZZ lynch than his reasoning for getting off the lynch. He was the one to really send that as the viable counterlynch and he was a guy pinging me off a bit.

So today I think my most likely lynches are UDC and Shadow. It will take a pretty stupid slip for me to desire to get off one of them

I think the other post I quoted is more anti-UDC than this one (i mean, he's choosing shadow) -- but look at the sheer number of posts vs. shadow as opposed to the number of posts vs. UDC. Tell me where you think his attention is and who he thinks is the scummiest between them?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 4)

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:10

It's clear he prefers shadow, but from the outset he's fine with UDC. Sure, SF might have doubted his sincerity, but your lynch WASN'T HAPPENING. Why not take the flier on UDC?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 01:12

All i am saying is, if I am sf1, I don't think it is a slam dunk that I can pull asu if I move to UDC. I'm not sure what she is thinking.

Ppe: yeah, i mean, i get it. I want you to be right here. I may just be making work because I will feel bad if somehow I missed something and this all goes pear shaped.

Zoomzip

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:13

But like if you're town do you have some parting thoughts on who it is? Or just lost? I get lost. I'm lost if you're town.

I'd go Harb over you. I agree that his SF vote is good in isolation, but don't think he should be cleared all game off it. Bussing works best when it subverts the towns expectations of when scum would bus, and hammering there fits that bill. As far as shadow pushing for an Angua reveal, if I''m not mistaken all of ZZ, sjg11 and Conq had spoken against it by that time, and as I noted then it didn't seem like she was actually invested in changing people's minds, just reporting that she was in favor of it.

In your case I guess I can understand shooting ZZ if you think that getting passed the gonne is a tacit endorsement of your top scumread from the wolfteam, and that you should thus shoot a little lower and at someone who will give info. Also you've seemed somewhat invested in solving and actually figuring out what's going on today.
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:14

. . . we could also just ask asudevil about how reasonable a proposition it is that he would have switched to UDC. He's alive.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:14

Keirador wrote:I mean. . . bringing things full circle here UDC. . . if it ain't you and it ain't me, I think it's more likely ZZ. Busing happened, and the plan to bus was there from N0.

ZZ's been pretty villagery though
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:20

UpsideDownChuck wrote:ZZ's been pretty villagery though

He has. He has also been the only person crying out for public towncred. I don't know him well enough to match that to specific behavior, but it seems generically a very wolfish trait, to insist on the cred you've earned. Plus, despite his claimed reads, he was actually really bad at functionally killing scum.

What it comes down to is that if you flip town, which I'm getting more and more worried about, I'ma finish those ISOs of SF and shirt, and make the decision based on how they treated the remaining players, and ain't nobody can stop me from doin' it cuz I'm fucken bulletproof and despite my deep distate for the idea it appears I'll be headed to Final 3 if you're town and I'm right that scum can night-kill at will.
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 01:21

Cool. So if you get the gone tonight keir, you are shooting me then?

Zoomzip

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:21

Keirador wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:ZZ's been pretty villagery though

He has. He has also been the only person crying out for public towncred. I don't know him well enough to match that to specific behavior, but it seems generically a very wolfish trait, to insist on the cred you've earned. Plus, despite his claimed reads, he was actually really bad at functionally killing scum.

What it comes down to is that if you flip town, which I'm getting more and more worried about, I'ma finish those ISOs of SF and shirt, and make the decision based on how they treated the remaining players, and ain't nobody can stop me from doin' it cuz I'm fucken bulletproof and despite my deep distate for the idea it appears I'll be headed to Final 3 if you're town and I'm right that scum can night-kill at will.

Do you think we would have intentionally misformatted his vote as scumchum to SF?
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:22

Zoomzip wrote:Cool. So if you get the gone tonight keir, you are shooting me then?

lulz4ever I would commit myself in thread to shooting anybody specifically, given what just the fuck happened last night.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads