Mafia CLXI: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia - Scum Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 12:19

Whoa whoa whoa. What? Several problems here. First, condude isn't a null read, and neither are you. Second, my read of you changing between D3 and D6 isn't inconsistent, it's just how the game works. If my reads of players from D1 never changed, I wouldn't be lynching any of you! I also think you should go back and read some of my posts from D4 about you, because while I was townleaning you, I definitely wasn't sure of it. Im pretty sure you can see that in my posts, if you read them over again. I thought you might be scum, but were probably town. Now I think you might be town, but are probably scum. Again, this is a natural evolution if you read my posts thoroughly.

So yeah, this isn't a 50/50 to me. More like a 70/30, or an 80/20 maybe. It's not gonna get better than that at this point, so yeah, I'm not 100% confident, but I'm comfortable.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 12:21

Also, your behavior largely on D5 and today. Which I obviously didn't have access to before it happened.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 12:24

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Also, your behavior largely on D5 and today. Which I obviously didn't have access to before it happened.

What behaviour? Ain't I been a good boy?
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 12:26

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Also, your behavior largely on D5 and today. Which I obviously didn't have access to before it happened.

It's gonna sound like this discussion is over, but that's only because this discussion is over.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 12:28

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. What? Several problems here. First, condude isn't a null read, and neither are you. Second, my read of you changing between D3 and D6 isn't inconsistent, it's just how the game works. If my reads of players from D1 never changed, I wouldn't be lynching any of you! I also think you should go back and read some of my posts from D4 about you, because while I was townleaning you, I definitely wasn't sure of it. Im pretty sure you can see that in my posts, if you read them over again. I thought you might be scum, but were probably town. Now I think you might be town, but are probably scum. Again, this is a natural evolution if you read my posts thoroughly.

So yeah, this isn't a 50/50 to me. More like a 70/30, or an 80/20 maybe. It's not gonna get better than that at this point, so yeah, I'm not 100% confident, but I'm comfortable.

This doesn't make sense. For a start you are wrong about another townie being scum. Secondly, earlier you said it was POE, but now you think I am 70-80% scum. So how much % scum is condude, based on your paranoia factor?

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 12:29

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
GPD wrote:

It's gonna sound like this discussion is over, but that's only because this discussion is over.

Yeah, because you have no case.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 12:33

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. What? Several problems here. First, condude isn't a null read, and neither are you. Second, my read of you changing between D3 and D6 isn't inconsistent, it's just how the game works. If my reads of players from D1 never changed, I wouldn't be lynching any of you! I also think you should go back and read some of my posts from D4 about you, because while I was townleaning you, I definitely wasn't sure of it. Im pretty sure you can see that in my posts, if you read them over again. I thought you might be scum, but were probably town. Now I think you might be town, but are probably scum. Again, this is a natural evolution if you read my posts thoroughly.

This doesn't make sense. For a start you are wrong about another townie being scum. Secondly, earlier you said it was POE, but now you think I am 70-80% scum. So how much % scum is condude, based on your paranoia factor?

I said it was PARTLY poe.I think there's a 70-80% chance you are the scum. So the odds of condude being scum are...well between him and Shadow I'd say it's 60/40 for him...let's make it easy and say it's a 20% chance it's one of them, 60% of 20 is 12, so let's say a 12% chance of condude being scum, and an 8% chance of Shadow being scum.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby shadowface » 01 Jul 2017, 17:18

GPD wrote:You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

How can you know that this is the reason for his read on you (as opposed to him just being a townie who is playing with you for the first time and thus gave you leeway at the start of the game but then saw your play becoming more scummy)? Also, how can we know that you are town, which is needed for this argument to even be plausible?

GPD wrote:
shadowfriend1 wrote:I actually feel quite confident about the GPD lynch. Day 6 has only served to affirm my suspicions from EOD5. I should have about 45 minutes or so tomorrow morning and then I'm on a mountaintop until unfortunately after EOD.

What suspicions from EOD5?

When you decided to park a vote on condude and not try to solve the game.

GPD wrote:
condude1 wrote:Uh, backwards. If he doesn't know your alignment he's cleared town.

I'm saying he is mafia. But I was saying he knows very well that I am town just from my interactions. I get that it can't be 100%, but he had no reason to vote for me. You did, as I got on your case, and I think Shadow followed you, as she believes strongly that you are town read.

GPD, I townread you as well for atleast a few game days. Is it scummy now that I decided to vote for you as well?

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Oh, and 4) I've town read all three of you for good chunks of this game, condude for even longer than I have you and shadow was my first or second highest town read for a good two days...so why does this logic only apply to me voting you, but not when I voted for shadow, or had suspicion of condude?
I posted my logic. I don't expect you to buy into it, as I am accusing you, but I am not going to keep repeating myself.

As a general point, you don't need to convince the guy you're arguing with as much as the rest of the town. So even if nanook doesn't buy into it, if you could convince condude and I you'd be making progress.

nanooktheeskimo wrote:It's gonna sound like this discussion is over, but that's only because this discussion is over.

Don't feel like you have to answer these arguments, nanook. They logically don't follow. GPD is cornered scum.

End Day
if you guys want, because I'm leaving in about 20 minutes and there's no point in GPD and nanook sitting here for 24 hours without participation from condude and I.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 17:31

I am not cornered scum. Like I say, you can leave your votes where they are, but you lose. At least the game will end. I am not even going to bother answering your questions, as I have already answered them all before.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 17:47

End Day Congratulations to the winner, whoever you are.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member