Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Zoomzip » 16 May 2017, 18:55

Who did you guys [SJG/Jack] visit last night and what did you see?

Interesting fact, which you can confirm with ASU: even though I am vanilla, I am actually able to enter targets. In fact, it was an N1 discussion as to whether I had to enter a target or not, and we worked through the rules to determine I was allowed to stay at home. Originally I was asked for a target.

I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 19:45

I visited Jack and he visited me.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18111
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Telleo » 16 May 2017, 20:14

Zoomzip wrote:Who did you guys [SJG/Jack] visit last night and what did you see?

Interesting fact, which you can confirm with ASU: even though I am vanilla, I am actually able to enter targets. In fact, it was an N1 discussion as to whether I had to enter a target or not, and we worked through the rules to determine I was allowed to stay at home. Originally I was asked for a target.

I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?


This interests me. I was also asked for a target N1 (and each other night) despite not having an active ability. How did your conversation with ASU go?
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5392
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 16 May 2017, 20:54

I think Asu sent the same PM to everyone (Bcc Jack007). Night 1 was something with night orders due, or so. Other nights it just said that he is expecting orders till then and then. I thought everybody got the same message.

I think there was no obligation to target someone. Last night I watched Sig, but I saw nothing. Didn't expect to see anything, though, except if you Zoomzip had a secret power. (Still not 100% convinced you haven't any.:) )
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Switzerland (impassable) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1646
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 16 May 2017, 21:00

Zoomzip wrote:I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?


I don't understand what you want to say. What exactly is a dipole, and why would that mean to kill one of you. Who is "one of us" anyway, you and Sjg, or you and Telleo?
:?:
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Switzerland (impassable) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1646
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 23:13

Jack007 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?


I don't understand what you want to say. What exactly is a dipole, and why would that mean to kill one of you. Who is "one of us" anyway, you and Sjg, or you and Telleo?
:?:

A dipole is a situation with two players where one of them is guaranteed to be Mafia and the other one is Town. Thus the relevance to the situation here.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18111
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Zoomzip » 17 May 2017, 00:42

Telleo wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:Who did you guys [SJG/Jack] visit last night and what did you see?

Interesting fact, which you can confirm with ASU: even though I am vanilla, I am actually able to enter targets. In fact, it was an N1 discussion as to whether I had to enter a target or not, and we worked through the rules to determine I was allowed to stay at home. Originally I was asked for a target.

I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?


This interests me. I was also asked for a target N1 (and each other night) despite not having an active ability. How did your conversation with ASU go?


I said "I'm vanilla"

He said I'd still like a target

I pointed out in the rules where it says that some players may not chose to use powers. So how is it a vanilla player must use a power and a non vanilla player doesn't have to.

He said good point. Then said I didn't need to target anyone.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 17 May 2017, 04:41

sjg11 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?


I don't understand what you want to say. What exactly is a dipole, and why would that mean to kill one of you. Who is "one of us" anyway, you and Sjg, or you and Telleo?
:?:

A dipole is a situation with two players where one of them is guaranteed to be Mafia and the other one is Town. Thus the relevance to the situation here.


It still makes no sense to me. The dipole in D4 was Sjg and me.

Again, who is "us" in "one of us"? And why should they get killed, when the dipole is Sjg/Jack?

I'm starting to doubt about either my or ZZ's logical thinking skills.
Same as here:

Zoomzip wrote:
Telleo wrote:This interests me. I was also asked for a target N1 (and each other night) despite not having an active ability. How did your conversation with ASU go?


I said "I'm vanilla"

He said I'd still like a target

I pointed out in the rules where it says that some players may not chose to use powers. So how is it a vanilla player must use a power and a non vanilla player doesn't have to.

He said good point. Then said I didn't need to target anyone.


How do you come from "I'd still LIKE a target" to "a vanilla player MUST use a power"?

What me interests is what Asu wrote in the first PM, where he assigned you to your power. He used to write a little story from the Walking Dead world. What was the story in your case? Can it be that you got a power, and you didn't notice it?

:?
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Switzerland (impassable) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1646
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 17 May 2017, 04:58

Telleo wrote:Seems like a sweet trip Jack.

But I'm voting you now anyway. I think the attitude of "this is a win for me either way" is the kind of thing I might expect from a converted town player who thinks he's done a good job, but is now facing a loss if he's lynched as scum.


People generally don't like it when somebody says he is happy. They feel an urge to revenge. But in this case, Telleo, you're going to hurt yourself.
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Switzerland (impassable) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1646
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 17 May 2017, 12:38

Zoomzip wrote:
I mean, why not kill one of us? We knew it was a dipole as of D4, so why didn't one of us die?

The rules are worded a bit oddly but it suggests that the Mafia have a night kill... which does again beg the question why someone didn't die last night?

Night Two... it makes some sense if nanook was worried about being tracked again. But last night.... yeah why are you and Telleo here?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18111
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests