Spyfall-inspired mechanic; input welcome

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Spyfall-inspired mechanic; input welcome

Postby asudevil » 28 Dec 2016, 04:53

Oh my god...if you make this Doctor Who style...Im in 1000 times...and you could go day of the doctor...with companions and the last 4 doctors (9-12) Rory/Amy/Rose/Clara/Martha/Donna...that's 10...make the Tardis their own character...Captain Jack Harkness...OH MY GOD I want to run something like this now...do it...DO IT NOW

And I don't care which one you run...I would probably avoid a complex night game...maybe a couple basic doc/cop/tracker?

Anyway...I so want in
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby asudevil » 28 Dec 2016, 05:00

AH...all I can think about now is a Doctor Who themed game.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Keirador » 28 Dec 2016, 20:16

asudevil wrote:Oh my god...if you make this Doctor Who style...Im in 1000 times...and you could go day of the doctor...with companions and the last 4 doctors (9-12) Rory/Amy/Rose/Clara/Martha/Donna...that's 10...make the Tardis their own character...Captain Jack Harkness...OH MY GOD I want to run something like this now...do it...DO IT NOW

The TARDIS would be part of the mechanic and therefore couldn't be a character. I'd definitely include the Doctor's other wife, River Song, probably Lady Me/Ashildr, and anybody else canonically known to be able to operate a TARDIS. Lady Vastra maybe? I can't remember. Definitely The Master/Missy if we need to fill out the roster.

asudevil wrote:And I don't care which one you run...I would probably avoid a complex night game...maybe a couple basic doc/cop/tracker?

Well, no proposal has a more complex night game than just some standard doc/cop roles. It's the Day that has more going on than usual.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 28 Dec 2016, 20:25

Hmm, blue-voting for who to receive town power roles doesn't work if it's public, as the scum just kill whoever was elected. It would need to be voted on by PM and would be another aspect of information security for the town to grapple with.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 28 Dec 2016, 20:32

Alternatively votes are public but they primarily offer immunity, a la Immunity Idol or, preferably, Night Vale. Top vote-getter is both immune to the night-kill and also secretly selects a target to jail.
Keirador

Postby asudevil » 28 Dec 2016, 23:42

Keirador wrote:
The TARDIS would be part of the mechanic and therefore couldn't be a character. I'd definitely include the Doctor's other wife, River Song, probably Lady Me/Ashildr, and anybody else canonically known to be able to operate a TARDIS. Lady Vastra maybe? I can't remember. Definitely The Master/Missy if we need to fill out the roster.

Riversong...yes...of course...how did I forget her. That should be plenty. But try to keep it newer.

asudevil wrote:And I don't care which one you run...I would probably avoid a complex night game...maybe a couple basic doc/cop/tracker?

Well, no proposal has a more complex night game than just some standard doc/cop roles. It's the Day that has more going on than usual.

Ah, thought one of them had more of a night game going on...but yeah...I kinda like if the scum get the word right...they get a kill...and as you said the longer the list of options, the more you can tweak balance.

Oh Im so jazz'd I signed up behind you to run a Doctor Who one...so no matter what you do...its coming...I love it as ASOIAF style too...but way too much flavor required...but god that would be great too

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Keirador » 29 Dec 2016, 01:24

Rick and Morty would also be a good fit for this mechanic. Asudevil are you doing doctor who regardless of whether this one runs with that theme or not? If so I'd as soon let you have it
Keirador

Postby asudevil » 29 Dec 2016, 02:16

Keirador wrote:Rick and Morty would also be a good fit for this mechanic. Asudevil are you doing doctor who regardless of whether this one runs with that theme or not? If so I'd as soon let you have it

Yes...but not necessarily behind you...its just that its rolling around my mind right now...do Doctor Who if you want it...

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Keirador » 30 Dec 2016, 06:01

So I had a vision from an Esteemed Eminence, and the Esteemed Eminence pointed out a way that a lot of these spyfall setups are broken: forcing a specific player to give the complete location with no clues, which either immediately catches a scum, or townclears a town and forces the scum to nightkill them or allow a cleared townie to survive.

So, the only permutations of this idea that would work are those that punish the town for immediately and unambiguously outing the location. Like giving each scum a guess and a kill for each correct guess. Or allowing scum to immediately end the day for a correct guess.
Keirador

Postby condude1 » 01 Jan 2017, 07:06

Maybe give each scum a guess every day, and make the kill occur immediately, as well as no NKs at all (maybe nightless, if you want to be a bit harsh to the scum?). Then run it pretty close to normal, maybe slightly scumsided.

If you want to be an evil GM, a la Condude, you can do the above and make it so that the mafia don't start knowing each other. Maybe give them a guess every day for other scum, and they get communication rights if they're right? Make it 7-3 or 8-3 and laugh at the poor, flailing scum!

The first one's simpler, but the second one adds complexity and swinginess. Again, it's all up to you, I'm just spitballing.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to In Development