Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 4

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 22:58

Happymeal wrote:So right now, here's my understanding of last night's night game:

Happymeal -> Harb, Justy
Justy -> Dodgy
Dodgy -> Justy
Harb -> ?

Harb is the key here. Harb had to target someone who targeted him, otherwise, someone would have had to be hit by both the redirect and the ghost shroud. I think that it was probably Dodgy. Dodgy targeted Justy, but in his kill last night probably also targeted Harb, which redirects both of them. I also targeted both of them, but I only received one of the abilities, which could just mean that Harb actually got redirected back onto me instead of a copycat ability being present. Now it could also be the case that dodgy copied the redirect and used it on somebody (now that I think about it, a random ability occurring is weird). However, the fact that I received the harder to see ability is overwhelming evidence that something is amiss in the night.

My understanding of night game is:

Happymeal targets Justy (and also Harb, with secondary power?)
Dodgy targets Justy
Harb targets Dodgy/Happymeal
Justy targets Dodgy but gets redirected to Harb (i.e. targets Harb)

Also, what is ghost shroud? Is that the power you have that prevents copycat powers?
justy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1055)
All-game rating: (1054)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 23:02

dodgy56 wrote:
justy wrote:Argh. I'm really confused by D3/N3 messaging. I agree with Happy that sending those messages don't make much sense if he's town. However, I don't get the investigative result on dodgy either, if dodgy is scum. Scum dodgy would require 1) godfather ability 2) ability to mess up with messages/ghost partner with that ability. It's more likely that Happy is lying than scum dodgy having all that help.

@Dodgy, could you explain why Condude switched from scum-read to town-read? It has something to do with vote analysis, I assume?

yeah, HM is trying everything he can at this point (and i dont blame him for it, i would be doing the same in his shoes)

me being scum makes absolutely no sense. look at all the points that suggest i am clear town... you even have an investigation result on me.. dont screw this up by buying into HM's bullshit

As for condude, his reaction to my thoughts on voting analysis, plus his own vote analysis, plus his inactivity early in d2 due to being busy, made sense from a town POV. and given that vote analysis was the main reason for voting him, that read subsided. turns out he fooled me...

My biggest concern with that investigative result I have on you is that it requires Happy to have cop power that gave legit result on you. It doesn't seem like regural scum ability. Then again, perhaps it's just that scum were given town ability and scum ability to balance the game. Wasn't Condude's ability to improve investigative abilities? That doesn't seem like scum-beneficial ability either.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 23:03

dodgy56 wrote:
justy wrote:Something in the night actions doesn't make sense. Something blocked the investigative ability I got from Happy, or made Harb impossible to read, because cop ability didn't work on Harb. Yet I don't think either of you has claimed such power?

or you know zz just didnt give you a message because Harb was killed and his allignment was revealed anyway?

It's not that. I can't quote messages, but either it was some ability that prevented the investigation, or it was Harb's passive ability.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 23:06

I'm going to stick to my vote. I've learned that my reads are better when I tone down the paranoia. I can come up with scenarios where Happy is framed by dodgy with bunch of abilities or ghost partner. I think it's more likelier that Happy is final scum. However, I'm interested to hear more about his N3/D4 plan. At the moment, I don't really understand how dodgy's play twisted his game in D3, and why he needed to start this day scum-reading me to trick dodgy. Or what his secondary power actually did and if it's what he calls ghost shroud in his another post.
justy
Premium Member

Postby dodgy56 » 24 Dec 2016, 09:07

im pretty certain we have caught the last scum. i highly doubt ill be changing my vote ar this point.
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
dodgy56

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby justy » 24 Dec 2016, 09:27

I agree, unless Happy is able to explain himself better. I'm still bit concerned with your Condude unvote D2, but can't really read too much into it as I did too switch my vote from Condude.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 24 Dec 2016, 09:30

I'm not going to spend much time on this game today, as 24th is the main celebratory day here in Finland (i.e. presents are exchanged today). But I'm going to keep an eye for Happy's possible posts and should be able to react if necessary before deadline.

Happy holidays!
justy
Premium Member

Postby dodgy56 » 24 Dec 2016, 10:54

i have basically confirmed that yesterday's lynch was nit randomised at the end.

I asked telleo and zoom to confirm my understanding. My query was

in the event of more than 2 people being tied, is it correct to read it as all tied players will be eliminated, not "both" as the rules state?

Telleo has confirmed that my interpretation is correct and thus basically confirming that something messed with teh vote count yesterday as all 4 of you were tied and therefore should have died.
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
dodgy56

Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Happymeal » 24 Dec 2016, 13:19

dodgy56 wrote:
Telleo has confirmed that my interpretation is correct and thus basically confirming that something messed with teh vote count yesterday as all 4 of you were tied and therefore should have died.

I want to make it completely clear that regardless of alignment I truly have no idea what occurred in this scenario. I will want to know what happened to the vote after the game ends. I'll be coming up with my responses eventually, though I doubt I'll be able to shift this momentum against me at this point. It's unfortunate because I had thought we probably won by the time Condude was lynched, but looks like a town loss in this scenario at this point.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 24 Dec 2016, 20:05

CHECKPOINT: D4Q3
Happymeal (2): dodgy56, justy
dodgy56 (1): Happymeal

There is less than 6 hours remaining in Day 4. Day 4 will end approximately 2100GMT on 24 December 2016.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads