Fall 1901 Retreats

17 player variant GM'ed by EpicDim

Moderator: Morg

Fall 1901 Retreats

Postby EpicDim » 26 Jul 2016, 03:02

1901 Adjustments are due 08:00:00 p.m. Wednesday July 27, 2016 in America/Chicago (01:00:00 a.m Thursday July 28, 2016 in GMT)

Retreats:
Holcow:
Disband the Dutch fleet. [Resolved]

Her Majesty's Royal Balkans Company:
[Army Constantinople disbands]

06 1901 Fall Retreats.gif
06 1901 Fall Retreats.gif (59.86 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

Hadrian: pjkon Disband 1
Her Majesty's Royal Balkans Company: EnlightenedMonarch Build 1
Le Royaume de Lumière: Malevolence Disband 1
PetesPlace: PetesAHut Build 2
PokeBudden: Aeschines Build 1
Springhar Republic: joe92 Build 1
Last edited by EpicDim on 26 Jul 2016, 06:03, edited 2 times in total.
Gauls (Ad Arma) 3-way, Russia (Othello) 4-way, Austria (Crowded Othello) Solo, England (Devious GM 2) Solo, Egypt (Time Travel) 3-way, (Exploration: Great Expeditions) Solo, Han (Warring States 2) Solo
EpicDim

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1169)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Fall 1901 Retreats

Postby EnlightenedMonarch » 26 Jul 2016, 03:11

I don't want to be a bother, but is it possible that you could come up with a different color for PetesPlace or Wonderful Allied Nations of Greeseille? They're so close I can barely tell them apart, and it could make a difference soon. Perhaps if you gave PetesPlace a more greenish tint?
"Nothing reduces unemployment like a good war."
Gold Classicist
Past Campaigns: Japan in Colonial 7, Norway in CDRBH, Ranier in Emerald City 3, Italy* in ModEx 1, Ethiopia in Africa 4
EnlightenedMonarch

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1369)
All-game rating: (1396)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby EpicDim » 26 Jul 2016, 03:18

EnlightenedMonarch wrote:I don't want to be a bother, but is it possible that you could come up with a different color for PetesPlace or Wonderful Allied Nations of Greeseille? They're so close I can barely tell them apart, and it could make a difference soon. Perhaps if you gave PetesPlace a more greenish tint?

I was waiting for this to come up. I don't disagree, but the problem is as soon as I add some green there are two other green nations that it gets close to. Let's get some eliminations and I'll consider reusing some colors. I had a really hard time coming up with 17 colors that I can even tell apart.
Gauls (Ad Arma) 3-way, Russia (Othello) 4-way, Austria (Crowded Othello) Solo, England (Devious GM 2) Solo, Egypt (Time Travel) 3-way, (Exploration: Great Expeditions) Solo, Han (Warring States 2) Solo
EpicDim

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1169)

Postby UsernamePending » 26 Jul 2016, 04:50

How about a nice bright red? That'd be unique.

Or stripes.
I'm just a nob that played Diplomacy as a kid. Don't mind me. No, I don't have 17 centers. Don't look at me like that.
UsernamePending

Standard rating: (1031)
All-game rating: (1042)
Timezone: GMT

Postby PetesAHut » 26 Jul 2016, 05:15

It's so weird...I can easily tell the difference between me and Woolgie on mobile, but I have trouble with Malevolence and pkjon. Then I get on my laptop, and my color looks IDENTICAL (literally no difference) to Woolgie, but the purples are much more distinct.

I'm with Epic. Someone should just sacrifice himself so I can tell what my territory looks like more easily :mrgreen: :roll: :twisted:
Cowboys! Go Cowboys!
PetesAHut

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1352)
All-game rating: (1365)

Postby EnlightenedMonarch » 26 Jul 2016, 05:20

EpicDim wrote:
EnlightenedMonarch wrote:I don't want to be a bother, but is it possible that you could come up with a different color for PetesPlace or Wonderful Allied Nations of Greeseille? They're so close I can barely tell them apart, and it could make a difference soon. Perhaps if you gave PetesPlace a more greenish tint?

I was waiting for this to come up. I don't disagree, but the problem is as soon as I add some green there are two other green nations that it gets close to. Let's get some eliminations and I'll consider reusing some colors. I had a really hard time coming up with 17 colors that I can even tell apart.

Yeah, I don't blame you, I'm sure it's pretty difficult. Seventeen colors is daunting enough, imagine if we'd had 34. I suppose you could do patterns if you wanted, but that's your call. I imagine it would make the map a lot more difficult. For a temporary fix, you could try swapping one out with StP's colors, as they are not likely to come into contact soon.

Also, why do I no longer have a build?
"Nothing reduces unemployment like a good war."
Gold Classicist
Past Campaigns: Japan in Colonial 7, Norway in CDRBH, Ranier in Emerald City 3, Italy* in ModEx 1, Ethiopia in Africa 4
EnlightenedMonarch

Standard rating: (1369)
All-game rating: (1396)

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 26 Jul 2016, 08:15

PetesAHut wrote:It's so weird...I can easily tell the difference between me and Woolgie on mobile, but I have trouble with Malevolence and pkjon. Then I get on my laptop, and my color looks IDENTICAL (literally no difference) to Woolgie, but the purples are much more distinct.

I'm with Epic. Someone should just sacrifice himself so I can tell what my territory looks like more easily :mrgreen: :roll: :twisted:

Same here....when I'm on my kindle, it is easy enough to tell who is who, but on the laptop, its a bit confusing.

So, I think polka dots are the way to go. :mrgreen:
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Mild Hiatus.
Don Juan of Austria
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1051
All-game rating: 1148