Dota 2 Mafia

Future game ideas/adverts which are not currently open for sign-ups

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Dota 2 Mafia

Postby Happymeal » 07 Jul 2016, 23:50

I have a game I'm currently developing based on the game DOTA 2. However, I need help balancing the game since I've never done this before. if there is a veteran person here who wants to assist me in completing this game (I've already done the setting and I already have some roles and ideas in mind about the game that I'd like to back and forth on), then that would be great. I might eventually complete it on my own, but some assistance in this would be very appreciated.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Dota 2 Mafia

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 08 Jul 2016, 06:58

Would whoever looked over the game be ineligible to play in it? I assumed so since they'd know the secret roles, which is why I wasn't offering since I plan to start playing again soon, and it's been tough getting rosters full. But yeah wanted to respond to this so it wasn't left hanging. Welcome back to the forums btw.
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Happymeal » 08 Jul 2016, 23:24

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Would whoever looked over the game be ineligible to play in it? I assumed so since they'd know the secret roles, which is why I wasn't offering since I plan to start playing again soon, and it's been tough getting rosters full. But yeah wanted to respond to this so it wasn't left hanging. Welcome back to the forums btw.

Yea, obviously the other guy in cahoots would not be allowed to play it assuming someone does want to assist.
Happymeal

Postby condude1 » 10 Jul 2016, 05:25

I can look over a set of rules if you want. Before you send me hidden info though, can you send me the rules as they'd be seen by a player? That way I can give advice based on public information, and if you feel you still need help, then you can send me the hidden stuff. This way I might still be able to play the game.

Sound good?

Condude
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Happymeal » 10 Jul 2016, 10:56

condude1 wrote:I can look over a set of rules if you want. Before you send me hidden info though, can you send me the rules as they'd be seen by a player? That way I can give advice based on public information, and if you feel you still need help, then you can send me the hidden stuff. This way I might still be able to play the game.

Sound good?

Condude

Apologies, I wanted to PM you, but apparently you don't exist. I'll copy and paste what I was going to send you here.

Hey, I know you said you wanted some of the basic stuff, but that's actually what I'm working out right now lol. I'm not sure about some of the basic rules that should be involved on forum mafia. So if you want to guide me with that, you can. Anyways, here's some of the stuff I have down already. Pretty much the win conditions of all sides (there is a third party), the setting, and some basic rules (like no outside communication besides mafia during the night unless otherwise noted in one's role). I would love it if you gave me some other basic rules to go by as I don't know much about that. I do have some of the role ideas down and ready in that regard, but the basics are the most important thing right now.
Happymeal

Postby condude1 » 10 Jul 2016, 16:20

Happymeal wrote:Apologies, I wanted to PM you, but apparently you don't exist. I'll copy and paste what I was going to send you here.

That's strange, I've been getting PMs from other people fine. I'll PM you.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to In Development