GM Rules

Diplomacy where the GM makes a set of unannounced predetermined random changes to the map, rules, etc based on one or more variants. Introduced by Pedros, GMed by Asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

GM Rules

Postby asudevil » 09 Aug 2015, 14:45

I will be running this game with a standard 3/1/1 seasons. With the devious things that can happen, if a 24 hour extension is needed to really wrap your brain around a devious issue, ask and pretty much any 24 hour extension for moves is going to be fine. But obviously lets try not to abuse this situation. I will run speed deadlines as often as possible especially with builds and retreats. The deadline will pretty much always be noon or midnight GMT because of my schedule and ability to post. This may mean that some seasons are slightly longer or shorter, but it shouldn’t really be an issue as you guys are all on site frequently.

All orders must be CC'd to JegPeg as well as myself. He is my 2nd eyes and has done a GREAT job with helping me get the devious things “balanced”.

I generally am able to send out a reminder email with 24 hours to go (order seasons only). I frequently can get another one out with somewhere 6-10 hours to go (all seasons). I hope I dont bother you with these messages, but in the games I have GM'd I have only had a couple NMR's so far. I figure I would rather bug you often than have you miss a deadline. Also, if you send in provisional orders early, I will never have to send you out the reminder emails.

I will also run speed deadlines for any other season where all orders are in early. If you do not want me to use yours as speed deadlines, put "Provisional" in the message, so I know that. This is especially true for all build/retreats. You can change your orders any time up until I post results. Sometimes I will be a little late in adjudication (I work and have a wife/kids), so you can even change/place orders after the deadline as long as I have not posted results. I MAY be already working on processing orders, so if you send one during that time and I have already started/processed that half the map...I may reply with an "Im sorry too late"...but that has happened ONCE in my GM time.

GM reserves the right to process orders up to 2 hours before the deadline based on his personal life timing even if all orders are not finalized. He won't process early if he is missing orders. With having “set” deadlines of times that I know works well for my life, I don’t see this happening in this game.

If you NMR for the first season I will remove you (If you cant make a long turn, you wont make any)

If you NMR 1.5+ turns I will remove you. I count build/retreats as 1/2 NMRs. I do have a sub for this game already. I know its hard to get a sub up to speed on all the rules, but I trust marsman57 would be able to do it.

Please dont NMR, if you need out, let me know so I can get marsman in here. He was willing to start, but I ended up with an extra guy, so he is starting as a sub. Also if you guys end up taking a vacation or losing internet please communicate with me. If it’s a couple days…maybe a pause…if it’s a little longer, try to find a sub.

Please send me orders with the following in the subject line. "Devious Spring 1930 (or whatever) Russia (or whatever)". Those can go in any order, but I really need all three things, just so I can make sure I got all my orders, when they are, and keep them separate from my other forum games.

I will try to keep a stickied thread at the top of the sub-forum to document all the devious things that have occurred. They will be in chronological order as I find that easiest.

Also, all draws must be made either on the most recent thread, or PM'd to me. They can not be proposed until after the 5th build season. They do not have to include all survivors, but they must be accepted unanimously.

The solo victory will always be 1/2 the total available SC rounded up.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: GM Rules

Postby Pedros » 10 Aug 2015, 11:39

Checking one thing asu:-

The solo victory will always be 1/2 the total available SC rounded up

Does that mean that (say) 17 out of 34 wins?
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 10 Aug 2015, 14:09

Pedros wrote:Checking one thing asu:-

I wasn't thinking that ... but SURE...I want to encourage solos...and if that one SC makes it more likely to solo...lets DO IT

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Jegpeg » 13 Aug 2015, 00:32

asudevil wrote:
Pedros wrote:Checking one thing asu:-

I wasn't thinking that ... but SURE...I want to encourage solos...and if that one SC makes it more likely to solo...lets DO IT

So if it is 17 v 17 it is a draw or do we play another year until someone has a majority?

It might be unlikely but better to sort it now rather than when it happens.
Jegpeg

Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)

Postby asudevil » 13 Aug 2015, 01:38

Jegpeg wrote:
So if it is 17 v 17 it is a draw or do we play another year until someone has a majority?

It might be unlikely but better to sort it now rather than when it happens.

Until someone has a majority...Good catch.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby Pedros » 13 Aug 2015, 13:24

Well, make your minds up! That isn't what you said in answer to me.
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)

Return to Devious GM 2