World Influence Fall 2019

Large-scale game on a world map, with major and minor powers. Created and GMd by asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

Re: World Influence Fall 2019

Postby marsman57 » 03 Jun 2015, 13:38

I have no stake but think it should've been by the book. You're projecting what you think the best Australian strategy is.
marsman57

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Postby VGhost » 03 Jun 2015, 15:39

With 3 Australian disbands, they should be, as you said:

SMR (distance 5)
BRU (distance 4 - alphabetical)
MIN (distance 4 - alphabetical)

I'll admit it happens to be in my interest to see the rules followed to the letter, but I really don't understand why the adjudication was done not by rule and would like to see the rules followed. I can't find anything in the house rules to indicate that you were planning to invoke GM's judgment in auto-disbands, so there really doesn't seem to be any justification for the disbands as you did them.

On the other hand, you imply that Australia is getting an extension to turn in his actual disbands even after you've published the map, which is if possible an odder judgment. If he needed an extension, the map shouldn't have been put up yet; if you were going to publish the map, it should be final (barring any corrections).

Obviously the ideal situation would have been for Australia to get his orders in on time.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
VGhost
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (987)
All-game rating: (901)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Alman » 03 Jun 2015, 16:00

I think we can all agree at this point that the fairest course of action would be to declare an Australian revolution by displaced Russian nationals and declare down under the "New Russia". What could be fairer than that?

;)
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Postby AardvarkArmy » 03 Jun 2015, 16:23

And just to clear any fog of self interest, I will repeat that I support correcting the disbands to match the clearly understood rules, even though the change will be distinctly against my interests (an empty PAT looks sooooo lovely!)
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1564
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 03 Jun 2015, 16:24

SJG confirmed around midnight that he would have disbanded SAT/PAT which he has no way to correctly defend. And I wanted to get the map up without having to wait for an extension.

Clearly GM error.

Next time...Ill just give him a 12 hour extension (which he would have gotten the orders in by...and I have given many of you)...and post the next day.

I was trying to keep the game moving because this morning is CRAZY busy...and I wouldn't have time to post/make the map this morning as Im running out the door for the next 5-6 hours which then turns it into almost a 24 hour extension...and to me keeping the game moving was more important.

I don't plan to change my decision...Be honest with yourself...had I given an extension (which I would have had I not made the judgement call...and he messaged me during)...do ANY of you see ANY reason he would have disbanded anything other than what I did.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Aeschines » 03 Jun 2015, 20:16

asudevil wrote:I don't plan to change my decision...Be honest with yourself...had I given an extension (which I would have had I not made the judgement call...and he messaged me during)...do ANY of you see ANY reason he would have disbanded anything other than what I did.

But what if he hadn't gotten back to you?
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Standard rating: (1487)
All-game rating: (1639)

Postby asudevil » 03 Jun 2015, 20:26

Aeschines wrote:
asudevil wrote:I don't plan to change my decision...Be honest with yourself...had I given an extension (which I would have had I not made the judgement call...and he messaged me during)...do ANY of you see ANY reason he would have disbanded anything other than what I did.

But what if he hadn't gotten back to you?

Then I would have taken your guys complaints in mind...and NMR'd him the "right" way...Ill apologize for making the "obvious" choice. But I don't plan to undo it. Next time, Ill just run the extension as I have done with orders or other times when Im missing a build (not a disband)...but I thought the disbands were obvious enough that I didn't see the need to ALSO cause an extra delay.

asudevil

Postby marsman57 » 04 Jun 2015, 13:32

We all appreciate you trying to keep the game moving. It's just that bringing judgment into it has terrible possibilities if it continues. I think waiting in the future is the right decision.

Thanks again for all you do to keep this game going.
marsman57

Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 04 Jun 2015, 15:57

marsman57 wrote:We all appreciate you trying to keep the game moving. It's just that bringing judgment into it has terrible possibilities if it continues. I think waiting in the future is the right decision.

Thanks again for all you do to keep this game going.

Agreed...I will wait next time...Won't make this mistake again.

asudevil

Previous

Return to World Influence {All Maps Visible}