GM Rules

Large-scale game on a world map, with major and minor powers. Created and GMd by asudevil.

Moderator: Morg

GM Rules

Postby asudevil » 08 Jan 2015, 14:27

We have already started, but here are my basic rules

I will be running this game with the following deadlings 2 days for Minor IP bidding / 4 days for Spring orders / 36 hours for retreats / 4 days for Fall orders / 36 hours for retreats / 36 hours for builds. I know there has been a suggestion that people want to make sure they have a weekend to work on discussions for movement orders. While I can not guarantee that every movement season will end on a Sunday evening...I can TRY to make sure every season has a weekend day in it (may be beginning or end...and may be only 1 if the orders are posted early Sunday morning...or deadline is late Saturday evening)...My idea of late/early is based on GMT - 7...cause that's where I am. I will try to make the orders hit BOTH weekend days as often as I can...but its flexible. Similar with the 36 hour retreat/builds...I am going to set that as the deadline for those and try to get them off...with a possible 12 hour grace period if it seems like its becoming a problem (at GM discretion), but Im going to try and run them at 36 as often as possible. But keep in mind, with the extra time already built into every year...I want to keep this game moving. You are all on site enough that 24 hours should be fine...so 36 really should be fine. Also, as you all know, builds/retreats are traditionally no com time...so I don't want to lag it up just so you can communicate something easily discussion-able during prior seasons.

All orders must be CC'd to attitudes as well as myself.

I generally am able to send out a reminder email with 24 hours to go (order seasons only). I frequently can get another one out with somewhere 6-10 hours to go (all seasons). I hope I dont bother you with these messages, but in the games I have GM'd I have only had a couple NMR's so far. I figure I would rather bug you often than have you miss a deadline. Also, if you send in provisional orders early, I will never have to send you out the reminder emails.

I will also run speed deadlines for any other season where all orders are in early. If you do not want me to use yours as speed deadlines, put "Provisional" in the message, so I know that. This is especially true for all build/retreats. You can change your orders any time up until I post results. Sometimes I will be a little late in adjudication (I work and have a wife/kids), so you can even change/place orders after the deadline as long as I have not posted results. I MAY be already working on processing orders, so if you send one during that time and I have already started/processed that half the map...I may reply with an "Im sorry too late"...but that has happened ONCE in my GM time. But this map is quite a bit bigger.

GM reserves the right to process orders up to 2 hours before the deadline based on his personal life timing even if all orders are not finalized. He won't process early if he is missing orders.

If you NMR for the first season I will remove you (If you cant make a 6 day turn, you wont make any)

If you NMR 1.5+ turns I will remove you. I count build/retreats as 1/2 NMRs

Please dont NMR, if you need out, let me know so I can get a sub (original sign up post). I had 6 players I CHOSE all of you over. Plus 4 guys who didn't want to start right away...so I HAVE subs. Also if you guys end up taking a vacation or losing internet (its gonna be a long game). I would rather not pause the game if I don't have to. So if you need a temp sub...talk to the sub list...see if you can get one to cover you for a season or 2 (or whatever) and then let me know what the plan is.

Please send me orders with the following in the subject line. "World Influence Spring 2011 (or whatever) USA (or whatever)". Those can go in any order, but I really need all three things, just so I can make sure I got all my orders, when they are, and keep them separate from my other forum games.

All map rules and IP rules are in the original sign up sheet.

Also, all draws must be made either on the most recent thread, or PM'd to me. They can not be proposed until after the 5th build season. They do not have to include all survivors, but they must be accepted unanimously.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: GM Rules

Postby fijikilo0 » 08 Jan 2015, 22:16

Just Marking the thread for easy access
Fee-G-Key-Low-(zero) Can ya pronounce it now?
Participant in Untitled/progressive story thread.
Indonesia in Far East Asia game A:Survivor with 1 SC
Peru in World Influence(First major power eliminated)
Before a backstab, be sure the blade can sever the tough spine.
Quitting (again)
fijikilo0

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (964)
All-game rating: (951)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Aeschines » 09 Jan 2015, 00:14

I'm like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant (aka, marking).
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Standard rating: (1487)
All-game rating: (1639)

Postby VGhost » 09 Jan 2015, 22:48

Would it be possible to add a deadline clock to the bidding site? I have no idea of the work involved or whether it would be worth it, but it would be a nice convenience if practical.

(And if it's there already and I missed it, sorry!)
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
VGhost
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (987)
All-game rating: (901)

Postby asudevil » 10 Jan 2015, 02:47

GhostEcho wrote:Would it be possible to add a deadline clock to the bidding site? I have no idea of the work involved or whether it would be worth it, but it would be a nice convenience if practical.

(And if it's there already and I missed it, sorry!)

Discussed...and difficult to do...but I added a countdown into my sig which may help
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby AardvarkArmy » 10 Jan 2015, 04:02

asudevil wrote:I added a countdown into my sig which may help

Waaaaaay cool!!! :mrgreen:
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1621
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to World Influence {All Maps Visible}