An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: JonS, Fatmo, Buachaille

Re: 91288

Postby Custer » 08 Nov 2014, 00:26

Yeah, thinkin bout dialin it back a bit. Maybe go 48/24/24......gettin kinda old and crotchity......tried 12/12/12 the other day....missed like 2 turns......oooooops!.....................done with that......

:twisted:

Shiv
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1127
All-game rating: 1101
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Custer » 08 Nov 2014, 00:28

That was to Almammein......what am I doing! Its Friday fool! Jeeves! Bring me my finest vodka! Not that swill you serve the guests! Its partay time......

Cheers!
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Standard rating: 1127
All-game rating: 1101
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Alman » 08 Nov 2014, 01:06

asudevil wrote:Isn't part of the rules respecting the game...on a mobile, but I can check the constitution

A) Respect

A Classicist should be respectful of his opponents at all times. Comments on or criticisms of other players' styles of play, communications, tactical and strategic decisions in games, etc. should always be constructive and without any hint of personal abuse.

Lots of grey here and nothing squarely on point.

rshivy wrote:Yeah, thinkin bout dialin it back a bit. Maybe go 48/24/24......gettin kinda old and crotchity......tried 12/12/12 the other day....missed like 2 turns......oooooops!.....................done with that......
:twisted:

Now you're talking more my speed. :) Gives me time to charge the batteries in my hearing aids and pacemaker between turns.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Mortiferus Rosa » 08 Nov 2014, 01:11

asudevil wrote:Isn't part of the rules respecting the game...on a mobile, but I can check the constitution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

II. Core Values wrote:
A) Respect

A Classicist should be respectful of his opponents at all times. Comments on or criticisms of other players' styles of play, communications, tactical and strategic decisions in games, etc. should always be constructive and without any hint of personal abuse. Ideally these should be made in game-specific AARs. Be aware that players may sometimes adopt personalities or roles in games which are different from how they would behave in real life or in forum discussions. That is part of the game.

Once again, none of France's posts had personal abuse. All he did was post (every single...) message he received from all the players. Noone likes when someone passes along their private messages but players are allowed to post whatever they want in Public chat as long as it isnt offensive in nature. The best I can give you in this case would be spam but even then that is a weak case imho because while he posted alot of stuff, it was all game relevant. Dont get me wrong, I personally think that it was poor tact on France's part but I cant justifiably take action at this time.
R/,

Mortiferus Rosa
Gold Classicist
Mortiferus Rosa

Standard rating: (1115)
All-game rating: (1118)

Postby asudevil » 08 Nov 2014, 02:16

Can we at LEAST give him a "verbal warning"...nothing super actionable, but these kind of actions are just NOT the way the game should be played.

He may as well surrendered for all the playing he is actually going to do. He's going kamikazee in fall 01...
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Nightwind » 08 Nov 2014, 07:34

If nothing else, a collective pimp-slap in the form of all the other players in that game squashing him might be a (less than subtle) clue-by-four upside the head.
Nightwind
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (989)
All-game rating: (977)

Postby Mortiferus Rosa » 08 Nov 2014, 22:36

I have already mentioned to him that what he did was crude. Between that and what I am sure is going to be the other players facerolling him... he should get the message.
R/,

Mortiferus Rosa
Gold Classicist
Mortiferus Rosa

Standard rating: (1115)
All-game rating: (1118)

Previous

Return to Classicists