Nanook's Next Genius Idea

Set up a Live game here. Live games are only available to PREMIUM members.
Forum rules
Guidance for setting up a Live Game.
1. Advertise first! Make sure you have enough interested people to set the game up.
2. Place the date and proposed start time (including time zone) in the title of the post.
3. Post details of the game - game type, length of live period, whether the game will end when the live period does, after-live deadlines if not, etc.
4. Update the first post regularly to reflect changes, players, etc.
5. Players should be on the Forum approximately 30 minutes before the game starts and should post in the thread that they are ready. Check the game thread REGULARLY and don't leave the site!
6. Include in the game description that it is live!
7. Should a player NOT turn up, remember others can see the game on the home page of the games site - a replacement MAY be found.
See Organising a Live Game and Participating in a Live Game.

Nanook's Next Genius Idea

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 27 Sep 2014, 23:45

Because the live game I helped get started today was so much fun, and I know there were people who wanted to play but couldn't during that time slot, I'll be (hopefully) starting a new one tomorrow, Sunday, 9/28/14. This one will be a little different, in that it will end after the live phase (or have 5-7 day deadlines) in order to accommodate my already over-sized game load. The game will be unranked, the live phase will last for 2 hours, and the game will be a full game on the standard map. I'm open to suggestions on PPO, Anon players/countries, etc, (no gunboat though), as well as deadline length. I don't know for sure what time it will start, but almost certainly between 12-4 EST. Please feel free to leave a comment or a pm if you have questions or suggestions or requests for me. I look forward to seeing at least 6 of you there!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Nanook's Next Genius Idea

Postby britneykay » 28 Sep 2014, 08:27

... I was confused when I responded to the previous Genius Idea. I wanted to agree to the Sunday night my time - Sunday afternoon your time game. Not the one that already happened. Time zones... confusing.

Anyway, yes tonight, I would rather it be earlier than later - like 11 to 2 pm start EST rather than like 3 pm start, but I'll be on dip around then anyway and we can coordinate when we get a few more people interested in the idea!
britneykay

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1111)
Timezone: GMT+8

Re: Nanook's Next Genius Idea

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 28 Sep 2014, 09:10

britneykay wrote:... I was confused when I responded to the previous Genius Idea. I wanted to agree to the Sunday night my time - Sunday afternoon your time game. Not the one that already happened. Time zones... confusing.

Anyway, yes tonight, I would rather it be earlier than later - like 11 to 2 pm start EST rather than like 3 pm start, but I'll be on dip around then anyway and we can coordinate when we get a few more people interested in the idea!

Great, sounds good! I figured it was the alcohol and lack of sleep talking earlier, and you meant the sunday game. Thought it was worth a shot anyways in case I was mistaken though
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Live Games