Nomic 5 Proposal 312: Testicle Trading

Moderators: Crunkus, connect4

Nomic 5 Proposal 312: Testicle Trading

Postby Ugluk » 31 Mar 2014, 00:39

312: Interplayer Currency Exchanges

A. Any player may initiate a trade proposal during the phases of rule proposal and/or rule voting.
- 1. The format of trades shall be one or more non-zero integer quantities of one or more currencies offered, followed by one or more non-zero integer quantities of one or more currencies to be received. The proposal needs no special formatting, as long at the text size is normal or larger.
- 2. Example: I wish to trade 10 dark midi-chlorians and 2 orc testicles for 20 points.
-- a. In this example, Ugluk is offering two of his testicles, and a reduction of his negative force level by 10 points in order to receive an increase of twenty points. If accepted, the other party will gain 2 orc testicles, shift his force level negatively by a degree of 10, and lose 20 points.
- 3. Once initiated, no further proposals are valid within the same Rule Proposal unless all previous valid proposals have been accepted or counter-offered.
- 4. All unaccepted trade proposals are invalidated upon the conclusion of any Rule voting phase.
- 5. The trade proposer must possess sufficient quantities of each offered trade currency for their trade proposal to be valid.
-- a. Offering a trade without sufficient quantities of each offered trade currency automatically invalidates all subsequent trade proposals by the same player until the Rule voting phase ends, as a punitive measure.

B. Any player may accept any unaccepted trade proposal or counter-offer if the player has sufficient quantities asked for in the trade.
- 1. The format of trade or counter-offer acceptance will be the quoting of the trade proposal or counter-offer, followed by a clear expression of intent to accept, such as, "I accept this offer."
- 2. Example:
Ugluk wrote:I wish to trade 10 dark midi-chlorians and 2 orc testicles for 20 points.
You have yourself a deal.
-- a. In this example, someone-not-Ugluk shall have their points reduced by 20, their midi-chlorians shifted negatively by 10, and their orc testicle tally bumped up by 2. Meanwhile, Ugluk receives 20 points, at the cost of those items he offered. Don't worry - Ugluk has balls to spare.
-- b. Note: someone-not-Ugluk's midi-chlorian currency level is irrelevant with respect to the example trade, as they are receiving, not proposing to give the currency.
- 3. Accepting a trade proposal or counter-offer ends the trade proposal or counter-offer immediately, and no other player may subsequently accept the same trade proposal or counter-offer (unless proposed or counter-offered anew).

C. Any player may counter-offer any unaccepted trade proposal or counter-offer.
- 1. Counter-offers must include all currencies offered in the original trade proposal or counter-offer, with a non-zero integer quantity.
- 2. Currencies may be shifted between sides of the offer, so long as at least one currency remains on each side of the counter-offered trade.
- 3. Examples
-- a.
Ugluk wrote:I wish to trade 10 dark midi-chlorians and 2 orc testicles for 20 points.
I offer 15 points for 10 dark midi-chlorians and 2 orc testicles.
-- b.
I offer 25 points for 5 light midi-chlorians and 5 orc testicles.
-- c.
I offer 20 points and 10 light midi-chlorians for 7 orc testicles and 1 alice point.

D. No player may be compelled to propose, counter-offer, or accept any trade.
- 1. Any rule, thing, power, condition, threat, debt, honor, or other force acting to influence a proposal, counter-offer, or acceptance of trade shall be be invalid, and any result thereof shall be unrecognized.

E. Any Currency that does not define the manner in which it may be gifted or traded is invalid.
- 1. For currencies existing at the time of this proposal, the following gifting or trading restrictions are in place:
-- a. Points: A player who possesses a positive quantity of Points may gift or offer trade between one and the quantity of points possessed, inclusive.
-- b. Midi-chlorians: A player who possesses a positive quantity of Midi-chlorians may gift or offer trade a quantity between one and the positive quantity of points possessed, inclusive. A player who possesses a negative quantity of Midi-chlorians may gift or offer trade between negative one and the quantity of negative points possessed, inclusive.
-- c. Stocks: A player who possesses a positive quantity of a stock may gift or offer trade between one and the quantity of that stock possessed.

Disclaimer: This rule proposal is not intended to expand upon or clarify the names or behaviors of aspects of other rules. Currencies referenced may or may not exist.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Nomic 5 Proposal 312: Tits or Twat

Postby sinnybee » 31 Mar 2014, 01:49

New proposal title... I'm guessing you didn't have your wife help you write this :P.

Oh...
Ugluk wrote:I'll start a new thread. Been busy dating.

Okay, you're just sayin' what's on your mind, I guess :P.
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Palin » 31 Mar 2014, 04:58

Adding E covers my initial doubts. Will read through again later.
Sooner or later the man who wears two faces forgets which one is real... and thus a stabbing occurs!

Gold member of the Classicists
Palin

Standard rating: (886)
All-game rating: (800)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby super_dipsy » 31 Mar 2014, 13:14

My assumption is this one is dead and we should be using the other thread?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby super_dipsy » 31 Mar 2014, 13:23

Scrub that - I got confused (again!) :oops:

So this i the right thread. First off, although I like the idea, I think you should change the title Ugluk.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 31 Mar 2014, 15:17

Assuming you change the title, I will support this proposal.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 31 Mar 2014, 15:18

Are we going to have a betting line Crunkus? (I think you have the book)
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Re: Nomic 5 Proposal 312: Testicle Trading

Postby Ugluk » 31 Mar 2014, 15:41

One point Crunkus brought up was the desire to make acceptance of offers and/or counter-offers require large print for easier score keeping.

Perhaps I can add in a point reward per trade for the scorekeeper, regardless.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Nomic 5 Proposal 312: Testicle Trading

Postby super_dipsy » 31 Mar 2014, 15:52

Thanks for the title change.
super_dipsy
Premium Member