Clagr is back!

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Clagr is back!

Postby clagr » 17 Feb 2008, 20:26

[code][/code] :roll:

Hi guys and gal(s):

I am returning to playing diplomacy after a 30 year absence. Back then we only had face to face games (hardly ever since when could you get 7 'former' friends together again for a game) and the new 'play by mail' games through gamezines like Graustark, etc. I was really hooked then, but everything took so long to play out.

Just recently discovered on-line playing, and it is great. Hope to see many of you over and over in various games in the future.

I live in rural northern Virginia about 50 miles west of Washington DC.

Be nice to me and I will be nice to you. LOL ;)

Clagr
clagr

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Clagr is back!

Postby spatz » 19 Feb 2008, 03:25

Hi. Having just posted my first orders as Austria to your Germany, I read your post here. I too am returning to Diplomacy after around 30 years - played at high school around a board at lunchtime, whenever we could get 7 people together. Then the wilderness years. Now I've relocated to the Caribbean and the internet connection is fine, I have the time to start playing again - and what a wonderful site I found. Congratulations to all those involved in Play Diplomacy. So, Clagr, are we going to show the youngsters what a couple of "older" players can do? Spatz.
spatz

Postby Laurence » 22 Feb 2008, 20:32

Hi
I'm another oldie, not having played for XX years, the last time with friends when the backstabbing was so bad we did not talk to each other for another XX years!! So it's great to play on line with other enthusers.
What about putting together an "oldies" game, say you've gotta admit to being over, say, 40/50 to play?
Laurence (from the UK)
Laurence

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT

Postby Laurence » 22 Feb 2008, 23:21

I've taken my own advice and set up a game "for oldies only"(or something like that as I've already forgotten what I called it!!!). The password is "oldtimer" and you gotta be honest and admit to being over 40 to play. I would have set the age higher but thought this would doas a start.

Is there anywhere else I should post this announcement?

Laurence
Laurence

Postby ZenDragon » 25 Feb 2008, 00:44

Hey guys,

I only have four months until I'm over fourty. Can I play? :)
ZenDragon

Postby Laurence » 25 Feb 2008, 02:25

Hi, in view of the decided lack of rush to admit age (or more likely the plethora of spotty youths on this site) I decided to ask some nearly oldies to join, so please sign up if you are indeed feeling your age!!!!! If you manage to prise any other Oldies or nearly Oldies out of the woodwork please spread the word. The password for the game "Just for oldies" is "oldtimer".
Enjoy
Laurence

Postby clagr » 25 Feb 2008, 04:38

Sure Zen, sign in. By the time we get a game going, who knows, maybe you will be old enough.
clagr

Return to Players & Introductions