Fall 1909 Results

AoE-style game for 14 players on a map of Europe. Devised by lecrae, GMd by attitudes. 3-playeer draw: Pressser84 (Vienna); AardvarkArmy (Dublin), kerrmit (Madrid)

Re: Fall 1909 Results

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 18:15

presser84 wrote: Love the subjectivity..."significant number" of games.

meaning, significant percentage of the games I've played, I solo - point is only that I DO play for the end game where it seems feasible...

presser84 wrote: Anyway, what you fail to realize is that my play is calculated (maybe yours is too but I don't get that impression). My words are chosen carefully to express a certain tone to illicit a reaction, find out your true intentions. The actual moves are only minimally relevant. When I seem "butt-hurt," it's when I need to seem that way to fit my needs. When you are butt-hurt you are....thus high strung.

Okay, so will you sit down and be quiet if I acknowledge that you are the all-time God of Diplomacy? That you, and you alone, knows how to manipulate a conversation to your advantage? That everyone else is just running around thinking all they gotta do is move little game-pieces on the game board, but that you alone have divined the true meaning of Diplomacy?

presser84 wrote: The thing is, I KNOW I DID NOT play a great game so while it's a compliment it's not true. My point, which you keep meandering around, is you also did not play a great game but consider yourself successful.

Ah, me. The self-loathing and self=pity is palpable! I've already acknowledged a HUGE mistake that significantly altered my game strategy: The belief that solo was 18, and hence, the belief that you were almost there; that definitely colored my perception of the favorability of a draw.

But I would also note that, due to very determined foes (and kudos to them!), I was barely half the size of either you or Madrid going into 1905, so I have had a "come from behind" view all along.

Hence, in this game, I am satisfied to have made it into the final 3 draw. So sue me!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:32

AardvarkArmy wrote:
Ah, me. The self-loathing and self=pity is palpable! I've already acknowledged a HUGE mistake that significantly altered my game strategy: The belief that solo was 18, and hence, the belief that you were almost there; that definitely colored my perception of the favorability of a draw.

And my significant mistake was assuming you were actually playing to win and read the rules.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
presser84

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 18:34

presser84 wrote: And my significant mistake was assuming you were actually playing to win and read the rules.

A terrible mistake, indeed!!!! 40 demerits for you!!!

But, still, I hereby acknowledge and do state - for the record - that you are the God of Diplomacy; you alone truly know how to play the game, and I am but a poor student at your feet!
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:42

AardvarkArmy wrote:
But, still, I hereby acknowledge and do state - for the record - that you are the God of Diplomacy; you alone truly know how to play the game, and I am but a poor student at your feet!

I mean this in the nicest way possible. Go fuck yourself
presser84

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 18:50

presser84 wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:

I bow before your royal highness! A mere peasant am I at the feet of the Diplomacy King! If it is thy will that I must engage in carnal knowledge with my own appendages, I shall gladly offer this in thy service!

[hmmmm... I wonder who's looking high-strung now? I wonder who is being manipulated in this conversation? LOL!!!!!!]
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:51

AardvarkArmy wrote:
presser84 wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:

I bow before your royal highness! A mere peasant am I at the feet of the Diplomacy King! If it is thy will that I must engage in carnal knowledge with my own appendages, I shall gladly offer this in thy service!

[hmmmm... I wonder who's looking high-strung now? I wonder who is being manipulated in this conversation? LOL!!!!!!]

again you mistake banter for butt-hurt...maybe it's your age...?
presser84

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 18:57

presser84 wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:again you mistake banter for butt-hurt...maybe it's your age...?

How did you know that I'm only 9?

Oh, right - you are the God of Diplomacy... you are surely omniscient!

LOL!
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:59

presser84 wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:again you mistake banter for butt-hurt...maybe it's your age...?

It's one thing to try to turn around something someone says back at them...it's another to just steal what they say as your own.
presser84

Postby AardvarkArmy » 16 Jun 2013, 19:26

presser84 wrote: It's one thing to try to turn around something someone says back at them...it's another to just steal what they say as your own.

A keystroke plagiarist! crimes against humanity!

"Off with his head!" doth decree the Presser84, King of Diplomacy!

Humbly, I bow my neck upon your chopping block, for you knowest all!
SOLOS

DRAWS
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Postby presser84 » 16 Jun 2013, 19:28

AardvarkArmy wrote:
presser84 wrote: It's one thing to try to turn around something someone says back at them...it's another to just steal what they say as your own.

A keystroke plagiarist! crimes against humanity!

"Off with his head!" doth decree the Presser84, King of Diplomacy!

Humbly, I bow my neck upon your chopping block, for you knowest all!

and I'll allow this to be the final word.
presser84

PreviousNext

Return to lecrae 14 {All Maps Visible}