The Solos Tournament- 2012

Games with the intention to fight 'till the bitter end!

Moderators: sjg11, DOI

The Solos Tournament- 2012

Postby sjg11 » 18 May 2012, 20:07

Alright, this part of the site has been dead for too long. Time for a tournament to celebrate sjg's official (and it is official) rejuvenation of this part of the site.

I have decided to arrange a tournament for this year (whenever) to celebrate a rejuvenation of the site. Basically, the last Solos only game was God knows when and someone has to try to do something to change it.

The tournament will have 21 participants. The participants will be split into 3 groups of 7. They will play 3 games simultaneously during the course of the tournament. The games will be anonymous so Premium members only.

In these 3 games, the countries will be split into 3 categories:
The Good: France and Russia
The Bad: Austria and Italy
The Ugly: England, Turkey and Germany

6 of the players in the group will play all 3 categories and one person will play 3 Uglys.

Communications will be allowed in the games.

The top 2 will automatically qualify for the Final. The person in 3rd with the highest number of points wins a place in the Final. The other 2 who are in 3rd place in their group lose.

The Final will be one group between 7 players with 3 games run simultaneously.

The scoring system will be as follows. You automatically get the same amount of points that is equal to the number of supply centers you own. We then add points depending on your position and double them.These are the raw points given for positions:
1: 14
2: 12
3: 10
4: 8
5: 6
6: 4
7: 2

It should give an incentive for the soloer to go for 19 or 20 SCs instead of 18 and for a minnow to hang in there until the end.

You get 5 points for surviving until the end of 1905 and 10 points for surviving until the end of 1910.

Signups:
pezgod1
jayahr
Barkn
matty8883
UpQuark
Bam207
Mortiferus Rosa (dodgy one)
behnam
Zefrog
emmer
Maucat
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: The Solos Tournament- 2012

Postby sjg11 » 18 May 2012, 20:11

By the way, forgot to say that participants must take the Solo Pledge before they sign up and the game only ends when a solo has been achieved or is deemed virtually impossible. The solos pledge is here:

I, username, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Just edit in your username, read it and you're set.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Ecallaw » 18 May 2012, 20:36

Sign me up and remember NEVER SURRENDER
It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear. Norm Peterson
Ecallaw

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (864)
All-game rating: (970)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby The Pez » 18 May 2012, 20:39

I, Pezgod1, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

I, Pezgod1, am in!
The Pez

Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)

Postby jayahr » 18 May 2012, 21:18

I, jayahr, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Count me in please!
... I'm all outa gum.
jayahr

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1052)
All-game rating: (1608)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sinnybee » 18 May 2012, 21:35

sjg11 wrote:The tournament will have 21 participants. The participants will be split into 3 groups of 7. They will play 3 games simultaneously during the course of the tournament. The games will be anonymous so Premium members only.

6 of the players in the group will play all 3 categories and one person will play 2 Uglys and 1 Good.

That doesn't add up correctly. One person would have to play all 3 Uglys, not 2 Uglys and 1 Good.
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Barkn » 18 May 2012, 21:44

I, BARKN, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.
Men Have Tried and Men have Died, to Climb the Matterhorn
Gold Member Classicists
Barkn

Standard rating: (885)
All-game rating: (896)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 18 May 2012, 22:03

sinnybee wrote:
sjg11 wrote:The tournament will have 21 participants. The participants will be split into 3 groups of 7. They will play 3 games simultaneously during the course of the tournament. The games will be anonymous so Premium members only.

6 of the players in the group will play all 3 categories and one person will play 2 Uglys and 1 Good.

That doesn't add up correctly. One person would have to play all 3 Uglys, not 2 Uglys and 1 Good.

Sorry, that's what I meant.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 18 May 2012, 22:05

Ecallaw wrote:Sign me up and remember NEVER SURRENDER

You need to sign the pledge. Just replace username with your username in it. Unless you've already signed the pledge and I missed it.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby matty8883 » 18 May 2012, 22:37

I, matty8883, do hereby pledge, by my free will, without any duress being applied to be, and being of sound mind, in the witness of the Mods and gamers of this forum, that I will commit myself to winning this game outright to the best of my ability. Should one of the seven prove to be an Oathbreaker in this regard, I will spurn all talks of enacting a draw and will dutifully fight until no such draw can take place. Should a stalemate occur and all players agree, I will continue to seek a solo win for as long as this is possible. If it proves impossible, and all players agree, then there will be no winner for this game and I will not ever claim to have won it. I pledge to not surrender, and continue active participation in the shoutbox if I should be defeated, as I continue to have a vote in the stalemate agreement.

Count me in!
matty8883

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1715)
All-game rating: (1708)
Timezone: GMT-8

Next

Return to Solo Victories Only