Classicists League Table

General stuff.

Moderators: Buachaille, JonS, Fatmo

Re: Classicists League Table

Postby raphtown » 13 Dec 2010, 07:42

InterMPC wrote:So how much change do people think is appropriate?

Should a solo among equally rated players be worth 25? 50? 100? Any other value?

Try 100, and we'll see how it goes from there.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby InterMPC » 13 Dec 2010, 11:19

raphtown wrote:
InterMPC wrote:So how much change do people think is appropriate?

Should a solo among equally rated players be worth 25? 50? 100? Any other value?

Try 100, and we'll see how it goes from there.

This has now been updated.
League Table
Completed Games
InterMPC

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Mapmaker » 13 Dec 2010, 19:28

Only thing that table lacks, I just realised, is W% and S%. But it's pretty nice otherwise - also, thanks so much for updating the scores for me! Took a while putting them in last time, 4 games at once is a hefty order.
Bronze member of The Classicists.

We are not the lost nomads, we are the makers of maps.
Mapmaker

Standard rating: (1009)
All-game rating: (966)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Mapmaker » 13 Mar 2011, 00:27

With the end of the last game Stairway to Heaven, we now have 34 ranked Classicists (unfortunately I'm joint 33rd with Maucat). Check out the table (here if you can't be bothered to go to the original post) if you want to have a look.

Scores range from 1715 to 1449, and our top three (in order of 1st to 3rd) are raphtown, lotr_freak and fellowes! Congrats all of you, although I find it suspicious that raphtown is number one... Hmmm... ;)

Mapmaker

Postby GhostEcho » 13 Mar 2011, 02:52

I think I need to make my next game a Classicists game... that one loss looks ugly. ;)
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
GhostEcho

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
All-game rating: 970
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Mapmaker » 12 May 2011, 16:36

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid to say that unfortunately, a combination of not having played a game in ages, having upcoming exams and going away shortly after said exams, I'm going to have to stop updating the league table soon. I'll keep going until someone decides to replace me or until I go away if nobody steps up before then, but after that you'll either have to find someone yourselves. It's not really very much effort, but for the last few months the only reason I check this website at all is to update the table and so I reckon someone who is actively playing games would be better suited.

So if you want to do it, PM me with your email and I can give you access to the spreadsheet - it's a Google Doc so I think you need a Gmail account.

Mapmaker

Postby raphtown » 12 May 2011, 19:18

Mapmaker wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm afraid to say that unfortunately, a combination of not having played a game in ages, having upcoming exams and going away shortly after said exams, I'm going to have to stop updating the league table soon. I'll keep going until someone decides to replace me or until I go away if nobody steps up before then, but after that you'll either have to find someone yourselves. It's not really very much effort, but for the last few months the only reason I check this website at all is to update the table and so I reckon someone who is actively playing games would be better suited.

So if you want to do it, PM me with your email and I can give you access to the spreadsheet - it's a Google Doc so I think you need a Gmail account.

I think we should send this out in our next Classicist newsletter if you haven't found a replacement by then. Sad to lose ya. :(
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Bwlvych » 11 Jun 2011, 11:33

I've taken over updating the league table from Mapmaker, many thanks to him for his work on it and I hope to continue in the same tradition.
"I am Oswin Oswald. I fought the Daleks and I am human. Remember me."
Bwlvych

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1017
All-game rating: 1059

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous