Team Africa! *Diplomacy World Cup*

Info and games. No resolution.

Re: Team Africa! *Diplomacy World Cup*

Postby Waterice man » 19 Aug 2010, 14:11

There are penguins in Africa aren't there?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Stander » 19 Aug 2010, 15:06

Waterice man wrote:There are penguins in Africa aren't there?

That'll be them there African Penguins (Spheniscus demersus) - also know as Jackass Penguins.

Rather apt, really.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.

Postby Captain Twig » 19 Aug 2010, 19:05

Stander wrote: I am not Black. Will it present a problem signing up to Team Africa? :D

I am not black either, my parents were just in Africa at the time, they are English. Hopefully I can still be on Team Africa?
Y
o
u
a
r
e
c
o
m
p
l
e
t
e
l
y
w
a
s
t
i
n
g
y
o
u
r
t
i
m
e

Oh yeah!
Captain Twig

Postby detroit_red » 19 Aug 2010, 23:25

Captain Twig wrote:
Stander wrote: I am not Black. Will it present a problem signing up to Team Africa? :D

I am not black either, my parents were just in Africa at the time, they are English. Hopefully I can still be on Team Africa?

"I for one will join with anyone--don't care what color you are--as long as you want change this miserable condition that exists on this earth."

I count four signups, so I think that makes us the first to have a full team.

Let's ride.
detroit_red

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby iShine » 19 Aug 2010, 23:27

If people continue to show interest, split yourself into 2.

And, can ya please have an updated roster on your first post?

thaaaaanks,

--iShine
WOODCHUCKS, QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!
iShine

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Stander » 20 Aug 2010, 01:17

If people continue to show interest in Team Frica can we ditch those deadweights amongst us that have already signed up for us?
Not that I am thinking of anyone in particular.

No, honestly.

:)
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.

Postby detroit_red » 30 Sep 2010, 01:31

I'd prefer to keep the trash talk confined to relevant threads about the tournament (you know, as courtesy to everyone else on the forum). But I can't really let this go unanswered.

Lucifers_Hammer wrote:** THUD *** ... the sound of Team Africa throwing down the gauntlet.

** SWISH *** the sound of Team Canada kicking aside said gauntlet asking "some competition first please, cannon fodder later"

You forgot:
** WAAH *** ...the sound of Team Canada wailing for its mommy after stubbing its poor wittle toesies on Team Africa's massive gauntlet.
detroit_red

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1028)

Postby Lucifers_Hammer » 30 Sep 2010, 01:58

detroit_red wrote:I'd prefer to keep the trash talk confined to relevant threads about the tournament (you know, as courtesy to everyone else on the forum). But I can't really let this go unanswered.

Lucifers_Hammer wrote:** THUD *** ... the sound of Team Africa throwing down the gauntlet.

** SWISH *** the sound of Team Canada kicking aside said gauntlet asking "some competition first please, cannon fodder later"

You forgot:
** WAAH *** ...the sound of Team Canada wailing for its mommy after stubbing its poor wittle toesies on Team Africa's massive gauntlet.

Team Africa can't even come up with an original heckle and must copy Team Canada ... nice to have the pecking order acknowledged up front by our opponents :mrgreen:

At first I tried to do Team Africa a solid by saying it was a gauntlet to make is at least seem like they had a pair of brass ones between them ... in fact is was an oven mitt with a pink, fuzzy wrist cuff.
My Motto in Life

--> Live Well. Live Honestly. Leave a Mark. <--

The End

Cataputl habeo. Aut ego me omnem pecuniam tuam in caput tuum saxum magnum mittitis
Lucifers_Hammer

All-game rating: 891

Postby Captain Twig » 30 Sep 2010, 09:23

Lucifers_Hammer wrote:
detroit_red wrote:I'd prefer to keep the trash talk confined to relevant threads about the tournament (you know, as courtesy to everyone else on the forum). But I can't really let this go unanswered.

You forgot:

Team Africa can't even come up with an original heckle and must copy Team Canada ... nice to have the pecking order acknowledged up front by our opponents :mrgreen:

At first I tried to do Team Africa a solid by saying it was a gauntlet to make is at least seem like they had a pair of brass ones between them ... in fact is was an oven mitt with a pink, fuzzy wrist cuff.

I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Team Africa is. :)

I think it's important that you note, scum from the Canadian team, that we could still beat you no matter how pink and fluffy our mitts may or may not be.

But I haven't seen any ABSOLUTELY AWESOME pictures of your team yet...
Y
o
u
a
r
e
c
o
m
p
l
e
t
e
l
y
w
a
s
t
i
n
g
y
o
u
r
t
i
m
e

Oh yeah!
Captain Twig

Postby Lucifers_Hammer » 30 Sep 2010, 21:37

Captain Twig wrote:
I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Team Africa is. :)

I think it's important that you note, scum from the Canadian team, that we could still beat you no matter how pink and fluffy our mitts may or may not be.

But I haven't seen any ABSOLUTELY AWESOME pictures of your team yet...

I like the pretty pictures you guys have made, you have to be good for something at least as it certainly isn't playing Diplomacy! The pics will make an excellent addition to the Team Africa tombstone.
My Motto in Life

--> Live Well. Live Honestly. Leave a Mark. <--

The End

Cataputl habeo. Aut ego me omnem pecuniam tuam in caput tuum saxum magnum mittitis
Lucifers_Hammer

All-game rating: 891

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy World Cup [FIN]