FALL 1913 ORDERS

GM: DRifteR. 4-way draw - sroca (Ghana), Diplomat (PacRus), Yorkshireman (S Africa), infinity8ball (India)

Re: FALL 1913 ORDERS

Postby Diplomat » 20 Oct 2008, 02:17

Yet you managed to log in 3 times in a 17 hour period and send messages and still did not send in retreat orders?

As you can see, my issue is one of equal enforcement of the rules which we are playing the game by. Nothing else. I also have been the one that agrees to just about every draw that is offered up, thats just in case you needed a response to the 'winning by a ton' so why should I complain comment. But, should you want to look foolish, feel free to post more of why you could not send in orders to this game, but you could send messages asking people not to attack you rather than message someone about where to order 3 units. Clearly for all your personal items going on you had the time to post repeatedly here. I guess we should expect another NMR then for this next turn?

The rules are the rules. They were applied to me, have been repeatedly done so in fact, and should apply equally to everyone. I do not enforce them, I only ask they be enforced evenly for everyone.

Please post the correct version of the map as it exists based on the rules we have established in this game. No moves were ordered and, as a result, those should be destroys.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby frankfrankfrank » 20 Oct 2008, 02:22

In an earlier topic, DrifteR posted his webspace that I bookmarked.

http://www.stanford.edu/~toddl/dip/

Everything he has completed for the game is posted here. All maps and orders, including a word file titled "Rules." From page 2 in the "Schedule" section:

"You can submit orders late, since adjucation and map-making takes a while for me. But there’s no guarantee. I suggest you submit preliminary orders since bad moves are better than no moves at all. "

If ray submitted any order before DrifteR had a chance to process everything, they are valid whether it be 20 minutes or 9 hours. If they were submitted after DrifteR posted the retreat order phase, and DrifteR went back and changed everything, they are obviously not valid.

I'm not sure what the circumstances surrounding your (Dip) Winter 1901 Build orders were, but if they were submitted after DrifteR had revised the map and while he was posting the results, I don't have a problem with that. raytheruler is playing with fire by submitting orders late, and I don't think DrifteR is encouraging this activity. ray just got lucky.

ray, I sympathize with your situation. I hope she recovers quickly. However, it hasn't exactly been a secret that Dip has had a few issues with the way this game has been run, so I wouldn't take it personally.
frankfrankfrank

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Diplomat » 20 Oct 2008, 02:26

Thanks Frank.

I looked here for that, not somewhere off this site. Thanks for that Link too! And you have it exactly. Nothing to do with Ray really, and I've told him this already in a PM. It is just the most recent occurrence and the most visible example of the concerns I have.
Diplomat

Postby raytheruler » 20 Oct 2008, 05:19

Thanks frank. Im glad someone has a heart here. Shes fine now. It wasn't life-threatening or anything. Hip surgery. Still, a day in the hospital is never fun.
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Postby infinity8ball » 20 Oct 2008, 06:20

raytheruler wrote:Thanks frank. Im glad someone has a heart here. Shes fine now. It wasn't life-threatening or anything. Hip surgery. Still, a day in the hospital is never fun.

Now that's not fair. Not all of us knew of your situation and had time to post after you mentioned it. I'm sorry your mom is injured as well, but nobody here is dissing her or you for worrying about her.
infinity8ball
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Diplomat » 20 Oct 2008, 08:01

Thanks again Ifni. This implies that only Frank cares but I have sent several PMs to you offering to help you and expressing the wish that this resolves itself in a good way for you.
Diplomat

Postby raytheruler » 20 Oct 2008, 22:14

infinity8ball wrote:
raytheruler wrote:Thanks frank. Im glad someone has a heart here. Shes fine now. It wasn't life-threatening or anything. Hip surgery. Still, a day in the hospital is never fun.

Now that's not fair. Not all of us knew of your situation and had time to post after you mentioned it. I'm sorry your mom is injured as well, but nobody here is dissing her or you for worrying about her.

I was only exxagerrating. (did i spell that right?) I do that a lot. I didn't acually mean that all you dont have hearts. Just Diplomat. (kidding) .....kinda...
"It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage." -Joseph Heller
raytheruler

Postby Diplomat » 21 Oct 2008, 05:47

Kinda...
Diplomat

Postby DRifteR » 21 Oct 2008, 08:15

Thank you frankx3 for citing the rules and explaining it.

Dip if you look back at the timestamps on our messages, you PM'd me at 12:53 am after I posted the results at 12:40 am. So it was after that grace period of 40 minutes when I was revising the map. If you had messaged me anytime during that grace period, I would have taken it.

Ray messaged me during the interim/grace period for that phase (admittedly much longer). So that's why I took his. Sorry about that. I hope you understand now.

I hope your mother gets better, Ray.
Last edited by DRifteR on 21 Oct 2008, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
DRifteR

Postby Diplomat » 21 Oct 2008, 08:23

Understood.
Diplomat

PreviousNext

Return to Game 1