Games Active [no bugs]

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Games Active [no bugs]

Postby Guns of Brixton » 29 Jan 2021, 19:27

This one's a bit esoteric... When I look at the All Games player stats for my own profile it says I have two active games. Fair enough - I have one game that's public and one anonymous countries. When I do a search for active games with my name in the "With user" slot only the public game comes up so the Active Games stat is for all games, public and anonymous.

But when I do the same procedure for a player in my anonymous countries game it also says 2 active games. When I put his/her name in the With user filter of active games, however, it lists two public games that he/she is currently playing. So the stat doesn't appear to be consistent. Is it supposed to count only public games (in which case mine should read 1 and his/hers 2) or is it supposed to count all games (in which case mone should read 2 and his/hers 3 or more)?

Note that it seems to be fairly common that a player's active games stat is greater than the number of games that come up when put his/her name in the With user filter of the active games search so I assume anonymous player, anonymous country and gunboat games are all counted generally in the All Games stats so I'm mostly confused by this one player being listed as having 2 active games when he/she is in 2 others plus my own game.
Platinum Classicist
Channel Swimmer
Guns of Brixton
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1540
All-game rating: 1599
Timezone: GMT

Re: Games Active

Postby Oxmeister » 29 Jan 2021, 21:00

I think one counts ranked games regardless of visibility, while the other shows public games?
Oxmeister
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1324
All-game rating: 1492

Postby super_dipsy » 30 Jan 2021, 09:49

Without knowing the details of your example, I suspect Oxmeister has spotted your issue.

When you use the Stats tab to look at player details, all the information you see is for Ranked games only. It does not include Unranked, Friends or Schools games. When you search for a game using With User, you will find all the games that player is in (assuming they are not anonymous).
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)

Postby Guns of Brixton » 30 Jan 2021, 20:30

That must be it - thanks guys. I didn't think to look for ranked/unranked/friends.
Platinum Classicist
Channel Swimmer
Guns of Brixton
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1540
All-game rating: 1599

Return to Bugs