*Glances Around*

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby bkbkbk » 04 Jan 2021, 12:00

sjg11 wrote:On that note, I believe I passed my 10th Playdip anniversary last week...

:o

So many people who I always felt like had been around for so much longer than me... seems somehow less true now nearly 10 years on!

Anyway hi all, nice to see familiar old faces on one of my (regrettably) infrequent visits.
Regards,
BK

Moderator of this shady corner of the forum. Come and pay us a visit!
User avatar
bkbkbk
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: 13 Mar 2011, 12:19
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby sjg11 » 04 Jan 2021, 14:47

bkbkbk wrote:
sjg11 wrote:On that note, I believe I passed my 10th Playdip anniversary last week...

:o

So many people who I always felt like had been around for so much longer than me... seems somehow less true now nearly 10 years on!

Anyway hi all, nice to see familiar old faces on one of my (regrettably) infrequent visits.

You only joined like 3 months after I did!
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18326
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby Custer » 05 Jan 2021, 14:37

Since you're here, perhaps you should play a game.

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
User avatar
Custer
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3584
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 20:29
Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1019
All-game rating: 1217
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby bkbkbk » 06 Jan 2021, 01:12

sjg11 wrote:You only joined like 3 months after I did!

I reckon it's because you were the mentor in one of the few games of diplomacy I played before falling in this pit and never climbing out (I know, actually playing diplomacy on this website - who'd have thought it?). It took a little while before Crunkus successfully drew me in to his web too, so I think you'd got through quite a few games by the time I started.
Regards,
BK

Moderator of this shady corner of the forum. Come and pay us a visit!
User avatar
bkbkbk
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: 13 Mar 2011, 12:19
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby sjg11 » 06 Jan 2021, 01:33

bkbkbk wrote:
sjg11 wrote:You only joined like 3 months after I did!

I reckon it's because you were the mentor in one of the few games of diplomacy I played before falling in this pit and never climbing out (I know, actually playing diplomacy on this website - who'd have thought it?). It took a little while before Crunkus successfully drew me in to his web too, so I think you'd got through quite a few games by the time I started.

Crunkus was much better at drawing people in here than I have ever been. Guy could convince an apple it was an orange and that was on a bad day...

Maybe I need to rebrand Playdip Mafia. Make us the cool kids on the block again.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18326
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby Rolan A Doobie » 06 Jan 2021, 06:44

sjg11 wrote:Maybe I need to rebrand Playdip Mafia. Make us the cool kids on the block again.


Image
Some of you I know, some of you I'm meeting for the first time...
User avatar
Rolan A Doobie
 
Posts: 5324
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 08:10
Location: Space Volcano
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby kimpossible » 06 Jan 2021, 16:01

Image
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby Justinrs2 » 27 Jan 2021, 05:00

Speaking of cool kids, I'm currently in the process of getting some of my online friends to join the site, got a few games going. Maybe you'll see them around here at some point, who knows?
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby AKFD » 27 Jan 2021, 06:56

Justinrs2 wrote:Speaking of cool kids, I'm currently in the process of getting some of my online friends to join the site, got a few games going. Maybe you'll see them around here at some point, who knows?


An expanded player base would be beneficial for the Mafia forums! I'd try that soon actually.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
User avatar
AKFD
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: 24 Mar 2018, 15:55
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Re: *Glances Around*

Postby sjg11 » 27 Jan 2021, 21:42

Yes. Sjg misses the days when we could feasibly have 16-18 player games. So much room for chaos and shenanigans...
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18326
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests