Surrendered Team dislodged not automatically processed

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Surrendered Team dislodged not automatically processed

Postby MrT » 26 Nov 2020, 02:40

Running a game with my class. One team was destroyed quickly and surrendered. Their units are left to be autobots. One was dislodged and it has not processed automatically afterwards. We are stuck in surrender mode. I have 7 days for processing because students take a while to make moves and there can be lags in play time due to schedules, weekends, etc. Is there any way to make the game process the move for the surrendered units?
MrT

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Surrendered Team dislodged not automatically processed

Postby WHSeward » 26 Nov 2020, 05:54

If you have an issue, it helps to give the game number so it can be investigated. I suspect there is no bug, but don't know what game you are referring to.

Nevertheless, in general, if no other power has orders, the turn will process when any other power finalizes orders. That functionality lasts for the first turn after a surrender. Thereafter there is no delay. Of course, if any other power has orders, the turn proceeds as usual regardless of the surrendered power.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby MrT » 26 Nov 2020, 15:24

Game number: 185681. One team surrendered and when one of their pieces in Budapest was dislodged I thought that the game would process their retreat automatically. Instead the round has not processed -- they are the only retreat. I worry that it will now take 6-7 days to process that move!

One way I tried to fix it was that I joined the game as the surrendered unit to hit retreat. I did this with MY account rather than the previous student account by accident. It won't let me do anything (enter the retreat order for instance) or even surrender. I think I broke it!

Is there anything you can do to help?
MrT

Postby super_dipsy » 26 Nov 2020, 17:12

The game does not automatically process disbands on retreats for surrendered countries because the idea is to give time for another player to join the game as the surrendered country. However, to avoid people having to wait a long time, if all non-surrendered countries with actions finalize orders, this will then force the disband and move the turn on.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby MrT » 04 Dec 2020, 23:26

Writing back about this because the game is in fact broken. It has processed to the next round after SEVEN days and it said I never made orders, when in fact I did. I logged in to game 185681 as Austria and it says my orders are finalized (as before, it never allowed me to select anything to do with my remaining unit). All other accounts have submitted orders but the game will not proceed for 5 more days! Is there anything you can do to help?
MrT

Postby super_dipsy » 05 Dec 2020, 18:40

OK, the problem you now have is you have entered a game you are a teacher in with your teacher account. I'm not sure how you did that, but I suspect you must have done it from the Teachers page because the game would not have let you join it through the normal path.

As I said before, the way you move a Retreat phase on if the only country to act is a surrendered one is to simply get another country to finalize (even though they have nothing to do). That moves the phase on.

Having said that, since this is a Schools game you can always move the game on yourself at any time. There is an option to do that on the Teachers page. That will immediately run the turn.

I will try to get you out of the game which should ensure there wont be any other issues. Then all you have to do is use the Teachers page to move the turn on.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 05 Dec 2020, 18:45

OK, done. You should be good to move the game on yourself now through the Teachers page.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Return to Bugs