Blitzkrieg 4: Game End and AARs

8 player variant GM'd by Wobbly

Moderator: Morg

Postby Counsel0r » 13 Jan 2020, 17:44

Greetings! The game is over! It's a draw, including Balkans, Spain, and the USSR. Italy and UK survived! Congrats to Strategus, Commander Tomalak, and Nanooktheeskimo! Well played by everyone!

Final Maps:

Image on Imgur: https://imgur.com/GkCcE6i

Image on Imgur: https://imgur.com/j2f6zl7

Please feel free to post your AARs below!.

Thanks for playing!
Wobbly
Counsel0r

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (1452)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Blitzkrieg 4: Game End and AARs

Postby Nanook » 13 Jan 2020, 17:56

This was a fun game--thanks to Wobbly for the superb GMing, and to all the players. Especially Strategus, that was the perfect lowkey and easygoing alliance, my favorite kind.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Iamnobody » 13 Jan 2020, 18:37

Great game everyone.

Nanook, as I said on Discord, I love our interactions. Even though it didn't end like I wanted it was still a great game.

If I could have gotten you or Strategus to turn I might have had a chance. I had to take my shot though :D
Heptarchy XVI - Wales - 6-way draw winner
Days of Enlightenment II - Sweden - 8-way draw winner
Blitzkrieg 4 - UK - Survivor
Iamnobody

Standard rating: 1046
All-game rating: 1062
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Nanook » 13 Jan 2020, 18:55

It was always gonna be hard to break up me and Strategus tbh. There was one turn where, if you'd done what I had asked, I probably would've gone for the stab just cause I think I would've had a decent solo shot. But you pushed in the north instead (which was not necessarily the wrong decision, to be fair!), so after that I was just never going to beat Spain to a solo and thus was never going to stab Balkans.

I did really enjoy our comms though, and greatly appreciated the lack of bullshitting involved in them.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Premium Member

Postby Iamnobody » 13 Jan 2020, 20:55

nanooktheeskimo wrote:It was always gonna be hard to break up me and Strategus tbh. There was one turn where, if you'd done what I had asked, I probably would've gone for the stab just cause I think I would've had a decent solo shot. But you pushed in the north instead (which was not necessarily the wrong decision, to be fair!), so after that I was just never going to beat Spain to a solo and thus was never going to stab Balkans.

I did really enjoy our comms though, and greatly appreciated the lack of bullshitting involved in them.

Yeah, I think I know the move you are talking about. My thought processes was to let you get into the one territory, but I didn't want to just lay off and play defensive everywhere since we hadn't discussed the north. I was trying to compartmentalize my thinking to let yo into one place, but not everywhere. I think even if you had stabbed the Balkans at that point it was going to be tough for anyone to solo, but I might have been part of the draw.
Iamnobody

Postby Strategus » 13 Jan 2020, 21:14

GG all. Just glad to get out of that with a draw. Balkans is tricky when there is a strong Italy, Britain and USSR!
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Standard rating: 1554
All-game rating: 1723
Timezone: GMT

Postby Strategus » 13 Jan 2020, 21:16

And add my thanks to Wobbly for running a tight game.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Standard rating: 1554
All-game rating: 1723

Postby Iamnobody » 13 Jan 2020, 21:57

I did forget to add my thanks to Wobbly. You did a great job as GM and were always there to answer my questions.
Iamnobody

Postby Nanook » 14 Jan 2020, 05:25

Iamnobody wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:It was always gonna be hard to break up me and Strategus tbh. There was one turn where, if you'd done what I had asked, I probably would've gone for the stab just cause I think I would've had a decent solo shot. But you pushed in the north instead (which was not necessarily the wrong decision, to be fair!), so after that I was just never going to beat Spain to a solo and thus was never going to stab Balkans.

Yeah, I think I know the move you are talking about. My thought processes was to let you get into the one territory, but I didn't want to just lay off and play defensive everywhere since we hadn't discussed the north. I was trying to compartmentalize my thinking to let yo into one place, but not everywhere. I think even if you had stabbed the Balkans at that point it was going to be tough for anyone to solo, but I might have been part of the draw.

Yeah, it would've been a tough one for you to just take me on trust. I think it would've put you in the draw for sure, assuming there wasn't a solo (which is probable, I think).

Speaking of solos, ComTom, how much were you considering going for the solo there at the end? I think of the three of us, you're probably the only one with a realistic chance at the end.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Premium Member

Postby CommanderTomalak » 14 Jan 2020, 09:19

I will absolutely admit, I held off voting on the draw as long as possible.

I was really considering going for a solo: I was already on 14 centres, and it was a very appealing offer.

That being said, I knew if you guys called me out on it, I wouldn't stand a chance of getting it - so I just had to wait. Eventually Nook called me out and I went ahead with the draw. But I was really looking at that solo opportunity.

That was a really fun game! I only joined partway through, so I can't take all the credit, and I apologise to those to whom I lied and stabbed along the way (France, UK, Italy), but it had to happen in these cases.
Then he is but the first to fall.

- Commander Tomalak, Aspiring Classicist
CommanderTomalak

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1007)
All-game rating: (1131)

Next

Return to Blitzkrieg 4