Fedudal Diplomacy sign-ups

15-player variant starting in 1100 with very different powers rules. Created by his_flyness. GM: his_flyness. Game ended with no resolution.

Re: Fedudal Diplomacy SIGN-UPS!

Postby Magmaniac » 26 Sep 2009, 00:44

Questions for his_flyness as my work progresses.

Do you want me to keep the same colors for all the factions?
Are brittany and normandy controlled by the same as london and cant? those look like the same color to me.

-rome, naples, ravenna, and apulia meet at a 4 corners point, is this intentional? That usually is confusing as to whether the opposite corner territories touch each other. Should I change this? Perhaps rome and apulia should border but not naples and ravenna?

EDIT:
also,
could you tell me what the following provinces on your map stand for? I don't know much about britain.
Cu,
Ems,
Der,
Lin,
ESe,
Wse.
I think I figured out the rest.
Magmaniac

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby feldspar » 26 Sep 2009, 05:03

Are we going to be able to list preferences for fiefdom assignments or will it be random?
"They got squid" -The Maxx
feldspar

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby his_flyness » 26 Sep 2009, 05:26

Magmaniac -- thanks! Normandy and Brittany are indeed controlled by the king of England (who also controls London/Canterbury).

Your read on the 4 corner point is correct -- Naples and Ravenna should not border!

Cu - Cumbria (hence the 2 letter designation!)
Ems - Eastern Marches
Der - Derby
Lin - Lincoln
ESe - Essex
WSe - Wessex

Also, Strath = Strathclyde
Cor = Cornwall

Again, thanks!
Last edited by his_flyness on 26 Sep 2009, 05:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." The Godfather
his_flyness

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1214)
All-game rating: (1209)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby his_flyness » 26 Sep 2009, 05:28

feldspar wrote:Are we going to be able to list preferences for fiefdom assignments or will it be random?

I'm happy to allow preferences! Just let me know -- if there's a big demand for one player maybe I'll do a coin toss, but somehow I don't see that as particularly likely..
his_flyness

Postby Aeschines » 26 Sep 2009, 06:06

I'm soooooo there!
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Standard rating: 1454
All-game rating: 1640

Postby phoefloe » 26 Sep 2009, 06:20

Any time a unit takes a supply center, it is judged to be supplied by the center it has just captured. The new build will be placed (and supplied by) the center whose unit just captured the new SC. In the event that that SC is currently occupied, the owner may choose to supply the occupying unit from that SC and build in the supply center which formerly supplied the occupying unit.

Can this be clarified? So if the Naples unit captures Rome, it becomes the Rome unit, and you build a new Naples unit. Great.
The second part is what confuses me. I think what its saying is that if your Ravenna unit is in Naples, it becomes your Naples unit and you can build in Ravenna. Yes?

But let's say you countryman is hanging out in Naples (I guess Italy was a bad example but lets say we were in England or something) so you still control it but can't actually build there. Can you then choose to build somewhere else or do you just not get the build?
phoefloe

Timezone: GMT+7

Postby Aeschines » 26 Sep 2009, 06:26

phoefloe wrote:
Any time a unit takes a supply center, it is judged to be supplied by the center it has just captured. The new build will be placed (and supplied by) the center whose unit just captured the new SC. In the event that that SC is currently occupied, the owner may choose to supply the occupying unit from that SC and build in the supply center which formerly supplied the occupying unit.

Can this be clarified? So if the Naples unit captures Rome, it becomes the Rome unit, and you build a new Naples unit. Great.
The second part is what confuses me. I think what its saying is that if your Ravenna unit is in Naples, it becomes your Naples unit and you can build in Ravenna. Yes?

But let's say you countryman is hanging out in Naples (I guess Italy was a bad example but lets say we were in England or something) so you still control it but can't actually build there. Can you then choose to build somewhere else or do you just not get the build?

Yea, so if you take U Lorraine with your unit from Paris but your friendly lord is currently holding (not occupying) a unit in paris, can you build a unit in Champagne?
Aeschines

Postby his_flyness » 26 Sep 2009, 06:36

That's a really good question -- I didn't think of that when I wrote the rules.

Maybe you can help me figure out what to do. It's pretty important to keep track of which unit is tied to each SC -- that way you know which units are weakened when a king declares a player a traitor -- and I really don't want to allow players to shuffle that during the build phase.

On the other hand, the lost build issue is an important one. Maybe once the original unit is reassigned, if the corresponding SC is occupied, you can build a unit supplied from that SC in any home supply center? Anyone have a better suggestion?
his_flyness

Postby Aeschines » 26 Sep 2009, 07:04

I might say, take the harsh road and say you lose a build for that year. That would be more realistic, and encourage players to not let other lords/kings go tramping through their gardens. Plus if you start taking the hard approach now, later if someone forgets something or there's another issue like this we can just assume that the hard (worst for the player) is the way we go.

I do see the logic of building a unit supplied from SC A in SC B. That does also make sense, so I'd go with that if my hard approach doesn't sound appealing. :)
Aeschines

Postby phoefloe » 26 Sep 2009, 07:37

lordelindel wrote:I might say, take the harsh road and say you lose a build for that year. That would be more realistic, and encourage players to not let other lords/kings go tramping through their gardens. Plus if you start taking the hard approach now, later if someone forgets something or there's another issue like this we can just assume that the hard (worst for the player) is the way we go.

I do see the logic of building a unit supplied from SC A in SC B. That does also make sense, so I'd go with that if my hard approach doesn't sound appealing. :)

Well the response I'd make is that I assume compatriots are allowed to move through each other's territory without changing ownership specifically to encourage that type of move, so having it hurt you in the build phase would be at cross purposes with the new rule. I don't really care one way or the other, but I just thought I'd mention that.
phoefloe

Timezone: GMT+7

PreviousNext

Return to Feudal Diplomacy {All Maps Lost}