PDL 1. Round 1 Game 2. AAR

After game reports for PlaDip Diplomacy League games

Moderator: mjparrett

Re: PDL 1. Round 1 Game 2. AAR

Postby V » 25 Feb 2018, 19:53

Folks,

I’m not going to add much (thankfully given the opportunity to avoid gory details by a generous DH) except to completely back up what Germany includes in his AAR.
Following complete misinterpretation of early communications with Germany, I decided Germany was absolutely going to attack France & went about recruiting allies on that basis. This turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy that indeed Germany did launch an attack & with two willing associates.

I have a theory that most things in Diplomacy (& life for that matter) that do not go as you would wish, can ultimately be traced back to something you did, or neglected to do. Rarely have I seen in Diplomacy such a stunning example as this case & France was very fortunate to participate in a victory at all. Self inflicted wounds usually lead to disaster in this game & I dodged a suicidal bullet here.

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt

One of my favourite quotes from (in my opinion) one of the smartest people in history.

Cheers V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: PDL 1. Round 1 Game 2. AAR

Postby DirtyHarry » 03 Mar 2018, 17:45

@HonestAbe - come on man - we all want the hear your thoughts!
DirtyHarry
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1356
All-game rating: 1462
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to PDL AARs