PDL - LEAGUE 2 TABLE

The league tables for the PlayDip Diplomacy League

Moderator: mjparrett

Re: PDL - LEAGUE 2 TABLE

Postby boldblade » 02 Jul 2018, 16:32

Ok I see what you mean. For me personally there are only a few players I've run into on this site that I have felt comfortable that I could identify them with certainty in an anon players game. There may be a few more I could pick out in an anon country game if I know they are in the game to begin with. Otherwise I find anonymity to be relatively well preserved.
boldblade

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1474)
All-game rating: (1488)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Pootleflump » 02 Jul 2018, 17:51

boldblade wrote:there are only a few players I've run into on this site that I have felt comfortable that I could identify them with certainty in an anon players game

Who's that then? ;)
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
Pootleflump
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1823
All-game rating: 1898

Postby mhsmith0 » 02 Jul 2018, 18:10

boldblade wrote:
NJLonghorn wrote:The meta-gaming in Round 4 could get very interesting.

Game 3 includes 3 of the 7 players currently in position to advance, including the top 2 overall. If quarryman finds himself alive late in the game, how far out of his way does he go to make sure Boldblade is eliminated? Is Shyvve content with points to ensure he moves up to league 1 next year, or does he go for broke and try to win the league? (He's probably safe from relegation, but even that isn't a certainty.) And there are 3 players in this game who are currently in position to be eliminated. With the possibility of there being no league 3 next year, these players will really need to find their way into a draw -- and for some, even that won't be enough.

Game 2 is a battle of the middle. Of the 11 players who have between 10 and 20 points, 6 will be facing off in game 2. With good results, any of these 6 could advance. One of the 6 (IvarGizteb) is immune from relegation and 2 more (AleBelly and Iggy) are high enough in the tables to probably be safe, but 3 (duckling, saturos, and yours truly) could realistically advance or be relegated. Will they play it safe, seeking tiebreaker points to avoid relegation, or will they go for broke? And then there is the desperate, scoreless nanooktheeskimo -- or will it be his immune substitute, hitsukima? Stay tuned. Regardless, there figures to be lots of intrigue in this game.

Game 1 figures to be a shootout. It has 3 scoreless players, but two (MildWombat and Riles) are exempt from relegation so only one (Don Juan of Austria) will be in dire need of points. Two others (lb1785 and JoeHoya06) are in the middle ground were they could realistically advance or be relegated. And there are 2 players currently in the top 7, but mhsmith0's advancement position is safe while Astrup's is not.

Very interesting stuff. I don't think I have ever played a game with quarryman so idk if he will even be able to identify me. I certainly will have no clue who he is.

I am forecasting 3-way draws all around this round. I will probably get some power I am atrocious with and find early elimination in my game leaving powers desperate for a few points to agree to take them ASAP. Game 2 I suspect everyone will be playing it safe and voting their way into whatever points they can muster to avoid relegation rather tha risk it all for a chance at the promo. Game 1 I am sure mhsmith will find his way into a FIR within he first few hours and the game will wrap up most uneventfully.

Inb4 I rand Austria :P
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby boldblade » 02 Jul 2018, 19:05

mhsmith0 wrote:
Inb4 I rand Austria :P

You will find a way.

Pootleflump wrote:
boldblade wrote:there are only a few players I've run into on this site that I have felt comfortable that I could identify them with certainty in an anon players game

Who's that then? ;)

just a few people ;)
boldblade

Standard rating: (1474)
All-game rating: (1488)

Postby duckling » 03 Jul 2018, 13:31

NJLonghorn wrote:The meta-gaming in Round 4 could get very interesting.

Game 2 is a battle of the middle. Of the 11 players who have between 10 and 20 points, 6 will be facing off in game 2. With good results, any of these 6 could advance. One of the 6 (IvarGizteb) is immune from relegation and 2 more (AleBelly and Iggy) are high enough in the tables to probably be safe, but 3 (duckling, saturos, and yours truly) could realistically advance or be relegated. Will they play it safe, seeking tiebreaker points to avoid relegation, or will they go for broke? And then there is the desperate, scoreless nanooktheeskimo -- or will it be his immune substitute, hitsukima? Stay tuned. Regardless, there figures to be lots of intrigue in this game.

Interesting indeed... I really don’t want to play it safe, but a loss might send me off. And in the long run, I’m quite happy with the level of the league I’m in. Feels appropriate.
duckling

Standard rating: (1130)
All-game rating: (1176)
Timezone: GMT+1

Previous

Return to PDL League Tables