Doesn't need to die

Suggestions to improve the concept of a PlayDiplomacy League

Moderator: mjparrett

Doesn't need to die

Postby Verse9 » 17 Sep 2018, 05:06

So, some kid thinks his soccer ball is the only one we can play with. The pettiness annoys me.

I'm going to set up games based on the league tables. If you're in let me know. Not sure the kid who thinks his is the only ball in the world will play along, but I'm pretty sure the person who gave him the ball intended a fourth round that included more than that kid and his " friends".
Verse9

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1438)
All-game rating: (1459)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Doesn't need to die

Postby Fatmo » 17 Sep 2018, 06:35

This is kind of hilariously awesome. Harnessing your anger after that recently finished game to maybe do something really cool lol.

The guy who started this league took on a massive task and made something that a lot of good players got pretty excited about. He worked really hard to try to keep it going. In my opinion, he put up with a lot, and eventually he made the decision that he just doesn’t feel like dealing with it anymore. And I think he shouldn’t feel bad at all for stepping away. He put enough work in to establish the league into something that many of its members seem to want to continue.

I genuinely have been rooting for this league to do well. Hopefully, you’re able to get enough of the players to want to try to just continue through a change of ownership, so to speak.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 17 Sep 2018, 08:44

I just want to point out who owns the soccer ball/who is the moderator to the sub forum. :?
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: 1047
All-game rating: 1160
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby The SHIV » 17 Sep 2018, 15:57

I don't care who's ball it is. I'll kick it. Count me in!

THe Shiv
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1136
All-game rating: 1118

Postby NJLonghorn » 17 Sep 2018, 16:34

I'm in. And if I need to cover for someone in League 1 or League 3, I'd be happy to do so. Let's bring all three leagues to the finish line, even if the results are less than fully pure.
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)

Postby Aurelin » 18 Sep 2018, 02:12

I know you guys are thinking of making this Classicist-only, and even though I qualify, my application's not going to get processed anytime soon, but I'm interested and would love to do this!
Silver Classicist
Aurelin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1016)
All-game rating: (985)

Return to PDL suggestions