PDL 2020 Viewers Lounge

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

Re: PDL 2020 Viewers Lounge

Postby another » 04 Oct 2020, 22:55

Is this game just someone making fun with their game title?

182466. PDL D1 Sep C
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play_details.php?game_id=182466
another
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1399
All-game rating: 1414
Timezone: GMT

Postby V » 04 Oct 2020, 23:31

another wrote:Is this game just someone making fun with their game title?

182466. PDL D1 Sep C
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play_details.php?game_id=182466

There was a password issue in the creation of 182466 which meant non-PDL participants got into the game.
The actual PDL D1 Sep C game was recreated & is in progress 182483.
The other game filled & started, but is nothing to do with PDL.

Best Regards V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby another » 04 Oct 2020, 23:33

Oh, that makes perfect sense. I did check the participant list of both, and it was clear which one was PDL and which wasn't, just didn't know the reason for the duplicate.
another
Premium Member

Postby Woolgie » 05 Oct 2020, 13:09

another wrote:Oh, that makes perfect sense. I did check the participant list of both, and it was clear which one was PDL and which wasn't, just didn't know the reason for the duplicate.

Yeah, as soon as someone had joined I couldn’t delete or rename it.
Jon Stark in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire III - Winter is coming
GMing my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
Woolgie
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1052
All-game rating: 939

Postby Iamnobody » 12 Oct 2020, 01:56

We have just had two surrenders in the following league game. 182467. PDL D2 Sep A
Heptarchy XVI - Wales - 6-way draw winner
Days of Enlightenment II - Sweden - 8-way draw winner
Blitzkrieg 4 - UK - Survivor
Iamnobody

Standard rating: 1104
All-game rating: 1113

Postby Custer » 12 Oct 2020, 15:29

Ban............

The rest has been deleted as this poster is trying to be kinder and gentler in his old age.

It is a work in progress.

Thank you,

General Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1188

Postby Woolgie » 12 Oct 2020, 17:14

Captvimes and Tolpuddlemartyr have surrendered from D2 Sep A and have been removed from the league.

They have been replaced by TheSlyHunter and EUPH1ST, in whatever order they join the game in.
Jon Stark in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire III - Winter is coming
GMing my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
Woolgie
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1052
All-game rating: 939

Postby another » 12 Oct 2020, 23:16

182483. PDL D1 Sep C

Wow.
another
Premium Member

Postby hedge trimmer » 12 Oct 2020, 23:49

I guess my games have now been finished. Maybe I should've written something about 179971. PDL D1 July B, where I managed to finish with a solo as Italy. Not something I expected when I saw which country I was assigned. In 1901 Austria was VERY suspicious of me, so I thought it would be a rough game for me, but somehow we managed to build a very long lasting alliance... well until my betrayal, I suppose. I expected him to stab me at some point too, but maybe I misread him because of his suspicions in 1901? The game also had one of the most lively public press I've seen in any game, for better or worse.

182483. PDL D1 Sep C, my last game, ended with a sudden 6 way draw in 1905. I guess there was no more life left in the game. When people refuse to negotiate, there's nothing left to do. Of course you can point out that *I* was just as much of a problem in that regard, but the other side clearly wasn't interested either.

I think I managed to stab England pretty badly because I complained something about not liking the game at all and how I feel depressed (I forget my exact words), which ended up causing him to sympathize with me. I still feel the same way though. I don't like the game at all, and I didn't like stabbing England, but I had to choose. But I don't like how I managed to do that though. After the stab I snarkily told England basically "hey whatever works" when he pointed out my crass behavior, but with my response I was mainly thinking of V, who's main goal seems to be to do whatever he can to manipulate you with every message he writes, and he doesn't shy away from being really nasty with the stuff he writes either. He's currently leading the league so he clearly is doing something right, right? And in this game he managed to get from the rather poor situation in 1901 to being the board leader in a few short years, manipulating Turkey from his incredibly powerful position into being a Russian vassal in the process. Be as it may, I hope I don't have to play with him again, two games is way more than enough.

Thanks so much for setting up the league, and congratulations to whoever manages to win it in the end!
Silent and deadly Loud and annoying
hedge trimmer

Standard rating: 1454
All-game rating: 1480
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby V » 13 Oct 2020, 00:23

hedge trimmer wrote:I guess my games have now been finished. Maybe I should've written something about 179971. PDL D1 July B, where I managed to finish with a solo as Italy. Not something I expected when I saw which country I was assigned. In 1901 Austria was VERY suspicious of me, so I thought it would be a rough game for me, but somehow we managed to build a very long lasting alliance... well until my betrayal, I suppose. I expected him to stab me at some point too, but maybe I misread him because of his suspicions in 1901? The game also had one of the most lively public press I've seen in any game, for better or worse.

182483. PDL D1 Sep C, my last game, ended with a sudden 6 way draw in 1905. I guess there was no more life left in the game. When people refuse to negotiate, there's nothing left to do. Of course you can point out that *I* was just as much of a problem in that regard, but the other side clearly wasn't interested either.

I think I managed to stab England pretty badly because I complained something about not liking the game at all and how I feel depressed (I forget my exact words), which ended up causing him to sympathize with me. I still feel the same way though. I don't like the game at all, and I didn't like stabbing England, but I had to choose. But I don't like how I managed to do that though. After the stab I snarkily told England basically "hey whatever works" when he pointed out my crass behavior, but with my response I was mainly thinking of V, who's main goal seems to be to do whatever he can to manipulate you with every message he writes, and he doesn't shy away from being really nasty with the stuff he writes either. He's currently leading the league so he clearly is doing something right, right? And in this game he managed to get from the rather poor situation in 1901 to being the board leader in a few short years, manipulating Turkey from his incredibly powerful position into being a Russian vassal in the process. Be as it may, I hope I don't have to play with him again, two games is way more than enough.

Thanks so much for setting up the league, and congratulations to whoever manages to win it in the end!

I don’t usually respond to crap like this, but it was a gem. I sent him 3 messages in the entire game. THREE
They were all totally innocuous as well. However big bad V writes such nasty stuff. Stunning. Go back to your hedges.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1769
All-game rating: 1827

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League