PDL ANNOUNCEMENT

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

PDL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby mjparrett » 30 Jun 2018, 09:51

Hi all

Apologies for my lack of 'official' activity these last few weeks. All sorts of reasons that I won't bore you with here.

The upshot is this:
- I will be updating all PDL tables this weekend. Congrats to those who have recently picked up points. Thanks to those who have kicked off AARs
- There will be a slight delay in getting round 4 started. Nothing major, just a couple of weeks. Give me a chance to ensure that all games start with a full board of players following the latest resignations
- There is no guarantee of a second season, but I think the majority are keen. So I have started thinking/planning for this, and more information will follow as and when it is ready.

Cheers
Mike
mjparrett

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1488
All-game rating: 1524
Timezone: GMT

Re: PDL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby The SHIV » 30 Jun 2018, 15:30

Awesome! You da man!

The SHIV
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1136
All-game rating: 1109
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby duckling » 30 Jun 2018, 23:57

Sounds good!

Good work :)
duckling

Standard rating: (1130)
All-game rating: (1176)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby NJLonghorn » 01 Jul 2018, 16:59

Thanks for updating.

I do have one question...

The League 2 Table shows hitsukima as a new player in round 3. As I understand it, hitsukima didn't join the league -- he was just a sub for nanooktheeskimo. Shouldn't nanook get credit for hitsukima's results, and show in the league table?

In addition to caring for the sake of accuracy, I'm personally interested because this determines which side of the cut line I'm currently on. With 2 exempt players behind me, I'm outside the bottom 7. But with 3 exempt players behind me, I'm in the bottom 7. Or at least, that's how I think it's going to work.

Jeffrey
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)

Postby The Tibetan Blackbird » 01 Jul 2018, 20:01

Thanks Mike.
The Tibetan Blackbird
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1470
All-game rating: 1604

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 02 Jul 2018, 03:41

NJLonghorn wrote:Thanks for updating.

I do have one question...

The League 2 Table shows hitsukima as a new player in round 3. As I understand it, hitsukima didn't join the league -- he was just a sub for nanooktheeskimo. Shouldn't nanook get credit for hitsukima's results, and show in the league table?

In addition to caring for the sake of accuracy, I'm personally interested because this determines which side of the cut line I'm currently on. With 2 exempt players behind me, I'm outside the bottom 7. But with 3 exempt players behind me, I'm in the bottom 7. Or at least, that's how I think it's going to work.

Jeffrey

That seems like the fairest way to do it. I have no problem with his result counting towards my score.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389

Postby mjparrett » 02 Jul 2018, 14:54

Yeah I noticed this myself the other night. Too many resignations in round 3 - the PDL 3 table especially is brutal.

Table updated and correct
mjparrett

Standard rating: 1488
All-game rating: 1524

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League