PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby Pootleflump » 03 Sep 2018, 11:01

greggybear wrote:
I suppose I'm just monumentally stupid. Thanks for everyone chiming in to agree!


I'm not agreeing. Monumentally stupid people don't sit at the top of the league table with three consecutive wins.

Congratulations on an awesome game. :D
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
User avatar
Pootleflump
Premium Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 28 Feb 2017, 22:21
Location: Scotland
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1823
All-game rating: 1898
Timezone: GMT

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 03 Sep 2018, 12:29

I’m not saying it’s incompetence or stupidity that made this a 2 way draw. I’m saying there isn’t a good reason that it was a 2 way draw rather than a solo.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 9587
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby Jack007 » 03 Sep 2018, 13:14

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m not saying it’s incompetence or stupidity that made this a 2 way draw. I’m saying there isn’t a good reason that it was a 2 way draw rather than a solo.


Yes, and I say that's a silly statement.
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 967
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Liverpool (Macclesfield) ⛵ Instagram jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1410
All-game rating: 1685
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 03 Sep 2018, 13:28

Jack007 wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m not saying it’s incompetence or stupidity that made this a 2 way draw. I’m saying there isn’t a good reason that it was a 2 way draw rather than a solo.


Yes, and I say that's a silly statement.

*shrugs* ok. Good for you. He could have soloed, nothing could’ve stopped it. He chose not to. There isn’t a good reason not to solo when you can force it.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 9587
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby Pootleflump » 03 Sep 2018, 13:41

There was obviousy a good reason for him, or he wouldn't have made the choice he did. His game, he chose the ending he wanted. I've put the AAR up. Let's see what the players have to say.
Last edited by Pootleflump on 03 Sep 2018, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
User avatar
Pootleflump
Premium Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 28 Feb 2017, 22:21
Location: Scotland
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1823
All-game rating: 1898
Timezone: GMT

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 03 Sep 2018, 13:47

Pootleflump wrote:There was obviousy a good reason for him, or he wouldn't have made the choice he did. His game, he chose the ending he wanted. I've put the AAR up. Let's see what the platers have to say.

I’m sure he had a reason. I’m sure he considered it good. I’m sure I disagree.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 9587
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby jay65536 » 03 Sep 2018, 22:58

Pootleflump wrote:There was obviousy a good reason for him, or he wouldn't have made the choice he did. His game, he chose the ending he wanted. I've put the AAR up. Let's see what the players have to say.


I'll also point out, since it seems to be confirmed that you were his mid-game sub, that this was actually your game. If he had not had you to save his position for him I think he could easily have lost.
jay65536
 
Posts: 414
Joined: 10 Sep 2016, 18:13
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1120
All-game rating: 1126
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby Pootleflump » 04 Sep 2018, 00:05

Mr Jay, sometimes you say the sweetest things. :D
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
User avatar
Pootleflump
Premium Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: 28 Feb 2017, 22:21
Location: Scotland
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1823
All-game rating: 1898
Timezone: GMT

Re: PDL - Round 3 viewers lounge

Postby boldblade » 07 Sep 2018, 19:52

Sham again!
boldblade
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 17:33
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1474)
All-game rating: (1488)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest