Leaving

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

Leaving

Postby Chessplayer » 15 May 2018, 13:08

Ever since I started playing Diplomacy, I have NMR'ed considerably not for lack of interest, but a lack of attention. Just now, I was kicked out of a protected WWI game due to my horrible tendency to forget to submit orders. To all WWI historical society members reading this, I am NOT dead in the water. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game and apologize for the problems I caused. Because of all this, I plan on taking a break from Diplomacy. I can't say for how long, only that I will probably be back eventually. The reason why I posted this statement in the PDL area is because I request to withdraw from the league. Thank you for letting my join as I enjoyed the league, but wish to leave PlayDiplomacy for a while.
Sincerely,
Chessplayer
Tactics, Comrades, tactics.
-Squealer
Chessplayer

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (902)
All-game rating: (917)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Leaving

Postby StarkAdder » 15 May 2018, 17:27

Chessplayer, it was fun playing that particular game with you. While we are sorry to see you leave (with your railroad unfinished!), you have redeemed your honour by explaining why you NMRed.

Enjoy your respite from PlayDiplomacy and know that you will be warmly welcomed when you return.

Also, FWIW, I used to have trouble NMRing, too, when life got in the way, so I started joining 2/2/2 or 3/2/2 games. When I started, I was anxious to see results and joined too many games with 24 (or even 12) hour deadlines. They did not suit me or my communicative style, and I've been very happy with the longer games I now play (even though some seem to take half a year to resolve)....

StarkAdder
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1198
All-game rating: 994
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mjparrett » 16 May 2018, 00:12

I want to be sympathetic I do.... but this is sent as an NMR occurs, no attempts at getting a sub, and I can't even get a replacement in until he NMRs a second time and quits the game. I've just about filled the other 2 dropouts from this round, and am starting to lose the will here guys. Remember you sign up for a game and make a commitment to 6 other players. Yeah RL comes first, and everyone needs a break. But why wasn't this mentioned before this game started and I could've got someone in with a fair position. FFS....
mjparrett

Standard rating: 1474
All-game rating: 1514

Postby Chessplayer » 16 May 2018, 01:37

@mjparret please see the PM I sent you. This situation is tricky since the game is anonymous, and I don't want to accidentally cheat. Let me just say that it isn't what you think it is. As to why I quit now, it has less to do with real life and more to do with my embarrassment for getting kicked out (rightfully) from one of the games I was playing. @mjparret, if necessary I can finish the game I started if no other subs can be found.
-Chessplayer
Tactics, Comrades, tactics.
-Squealer
Chessplayer

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (902)
All-game rating: (917)

Postby boldblade » 16 May 2018, 14:50

At least finish the game you have started.
boldblade

Standard rating: (1474)
All-game rating: (1488)

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League