PDL update

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

PDL update

Postby mjparrett » 22 Mar 2018, 23:57

Hi all. A few things to let you know.

Round 1 - all games finished! It was stressful, it took some time. There were tears and surrenders, but we've made it. All league tables up to date.

Round 2 - all games are fully go and the viewers lounge has all the links and chat
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=815&t=57297

Surrenders - we have had 3 surrenders all from league 2 this round. My replacement pool is running on low. One other player has let me know kindly in advance that he wont be around for round 3 and wants a sub. So please if you are keen but not involved PM me and sign up as a standby. I might have to do another thread about this as I really need another 4 or 5 players.

I would like to briefly add (without much detail) that 2 of the surrenders were due to personal reasons. I wish the two players involved all the best and much love.

The Show Must Go On....
mjparrett

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1512
All-game rating: 1550
Timezone: GMT

Re: PDL update

Postby GruGloG » 23 Mar 2018, 00:27

We all need to once again praise mjparrett for putting this together! All hail our superior leader!
GruGloG

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1011)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby The SHIV » 23 Mar 2018, 00:46

Hail Parrett!
The SHIV
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1136
All-game rating: 1126
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby V » 23 Mar 2018, 01:09

I understand Mike, an Englishman currently resident north of Hadrian’s Wall is available to stand for Prime Minister of Great Britain. Although not in a leadership position for any of the crap parties expected to participate in the next election, he has clearly demonstrated talent head and shoulders above all the useless twats currently bickering in Westminster.
To short cut the process, maybe a quick visit to Her Majesty is called for, who must be as irritated as the rest of us by their incompetence & hopefully a rapid appointment could ensue. We are a Kingdom, ruled by a Monarchy after all, who needs votes?
With the premiership secured Mike would have an army of Civil Servants on hand to delegate the vital business of Diplomacy PDL administration & “The Green & Pleasant Land” would live happily ever after.
Three Cheers for Mike. Hip hip...
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1718
All-game rating: 1754
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby greggybear » 23 Mar 2018, 02:18

So far, so good... now to coast to the finish line and claim my trophy...
greggybear

Standard rating: (1568)
All-game rating: (1594)

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 23 Mar 2018, 06:56

V wrote:I understand Mike, an Englishman currently resident north of Hadrian’s Wall is available to stand for Prime Minister of Great Britain. Although not in a leadership position for any of the crap parties expected to participate in the next election, he has clearly demonstrated talent head and shoulders above all the useless twats currently bickering in Westminster.
To short cut the process, maybe a quick visit to Her Majesty is called for, who must be as irritated as the rest of us by their incompetence & hopefully a rapid appointment could ensue. We are a Kingdom, ruled by a Monarchy after all, who needs votes?
With the premiership secured Mike would have an army of Civil Servants on hand to delegate the vital business of Diplomacy PDL administration & “The Green & Pleasant Land” would live happily ever after.
Three Cheers for Mike. Hip hip...

...hurrah!
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: 1047
All-game rating: 1160
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby mjparrett » 23 Mar 2018, 10:27

Kind words all. I really don’t need the thanks or praise though. If people keep quitting though it makes the premise redundant: you are no longer guaranteed to be playing people of similar quality and rank (which is essentially the point). I obviously sympathise heavily with the personal reasons and don’t hold those players in anything other than high regard (both contacted me before they quit despite all they are going through). But if players continue to quit because they don’t like being stabbed then a serious rethink will be needed before the difficult second series...
mjparrett

Standard rating: 1512
All-game rating: 1550

Postby Pootleflump » 23 Mar 2018, 12:26

One of these guys is a long-time, personal friend of mine outside dip, Mike. He's going through a lot. Unexpected happenings. I know he really appreciates your kindness and understanding. He felt terrible. He says you've been awesome. Thanks from us all.
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
Pootleflump
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1823
All-game rating: 1898

Postby Iggy » 23 Mar 2018, 15:55

GruGloG wrote:We all need to once again praise mjparrett for putting this together! All hail our superior leader!

good posting!
Iggy

Standard rating: (1187)
All-game rating: (1259)

Postby duckling » 24 Mar 2018, 14:50

Maybe a reading comprehension test should be mandatory when signing up ;)

If you didn’t understand you were signing up for a series of games, then I wonder how much your heart was in it when you signed up... If you’re the type who’ll rage quit when things go bad, you’d think it was a good idea to know what you sign up for.
duckling

Standard rating: (1130)
All-game rating: (1176)
Timezone: GMT+1

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League