PDL - Round 1 Viewers Lounge

A PlayDiplomacy competitive league

Moderator: mjparrett

Re: PDL - Round 1 Viewers Lounge

Postby mjparrett » 17 Feb 2018, 15:07

Pootleflump wrote:We'll done guys. Looking forward to the AAR. I guessed you were Germany lb..... ;) Another game down. Get those points up Michael.

Alright alright. I'm on it...
mjparrett

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1488
All-game rating: 1524
Timezone: GMT

Postby mjparrett » 17 Feb 2018, 15:43

Leaderboard updated :)

Ib1785 tops the table on centre difference. Balamory with a -4 as Russia props it up...
mjparrett

Standard rating: 1488
All-game rating: 1524

Postby balamory » 17 Feb 2018, 16:58

Boom!
balamory

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1063)
All-game rating: (1064)

Postby lb1785 » 17 Feb 2018, 17:21

nanooktheeskimo wrote:G had several chances to go for the solo they passed up on. They had a very good shot at it if they'd wanted it. I'm a bit surprised they called it early, but not because anyone had solo ambitions, because I expected them to want to kill France all the way. This was an extremely disappointing game for me just in the pure lack of ambition shown, and in that me and JOE should've run this board but we ended up with this result instead.

Yes I made a few mistakes indeed, essentially in terms of timing my stabs and targeting (not to mention I flubbed a move once). I'll respond at length to nanook about the lack of ambition in the AAR, but when you called me on it I thought it was too early to start a solo attempt. Turns out it was too late already later on, so you may be right in retrospect. But kudos already to Iggy and JoeHoya06 for the strength of their bond, I couldn't break their alliance when I tried...

Pootleflump wrote:We'll done guys. Looking forward to the AAR. I guessed you were Germany lb..... ;)

Did you guess me from the PP comments? I'm impressed...
"Mon Dieu, gardez-moi de mes amis. Quant à mes ennemis, je m'en charge !" (Voltaire)
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." (Winston Churchill)
Silver Classicist
3-way draw as The Mondoshawans in Invasion Earth
lb1785

Standard rating: (1444)
All-game rating: (1450)

Postby mhsmith0 » 17 Feb 2018, 21:19

nanooktheeskimo wrote:G had several chances to go for the solo they passed up on. They had a very good shot at it if they'd wanted it. I'm a bit surprised they called it early, but not because anyone had solo ambitions, because I expected them to want to kill France all the way. This was an extremely disappointing game for me just in the pure lack of ambition shown, and in that me and JOE should've run this board but we ended up with this result instead.

Sorry you guys randed wolf :P
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Iggy » 17 Feb 2018, 22:19

mhsmith0 wrote:

Sorry you guys randed wolf :P

Nanook obviously was a wolf in this game, but the village prevailed!
Iggy

Standard rating: (1187)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby JoeHoya06 » 18 Feb 2018, 08:09

As soon as the Fall of 1902 resolved and I got your flaming-bag-of-poop-on-my-doorstep message, I looked to see who was in the game. I knew as soon as I saw the roster it had to be you in Turkey. Guess we just can't quit each other. :)
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1057)
All-game rating: (1116)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 18 Feb 2018, 08:11

JoeHoya06 wrote:

As soon as the Fall of 1902 resolved and I got your flaming-bag-of-poop-on-my-doorstep message, I looked to see who was in the game. I knew as soon as I saw the roster it had to be you in Turkey. Guess we just can't quit each other. :)

The frustrating part is...if you'd been clear about what was going on instead of flinging vague accusations my way...we really were a finger away from running this board together.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389

Postby Saturos » 18 Feb 2018, 23:00

Something fishy going on in 2.1...
Saturos

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1374)
All-game rating: (1497)

Postby NJLonghorn » 20 Feb 2018, 18:21

I'm very curious to see what England chooses to do with 3 builds in game 2.1. The only other build on the board goes to France.

Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Diplomacy League