British Diplomacy (Orders due 18th September 16:30bst)

Modern British variant. Created by coolcam262. GM: coolcam262. Game ended with no resolution.

Re: British Diplomacy (We need 1 more players to test it out!!)

Postby Pedros » 20 Aug 2009, 17:20

Hi coolcam - just want to say I'm not just nit-picking, I'm impressed by the work you're putting in on this (and the speed of it!)

It's looking a lot better now (I'm only thinking at the moment about the neural supply centres question), but there are still big discrepancies.

I've tried to add up what centres are available in the first year to each player, and where people have an equal chance give them fractions. If my reckoning's correct it looks like:
    Highlands 1
    Scotland 1.25
    The Lake District 0.75
    East England .75
    Middle England 1.25
    Ireland 1.25
    Wales 0.5
I'm not sure what you would do to give Wales Lakes and East more chance without giving them too much, so maybe it's time to give it a go. I don't feel I've got a clear sense of the negotiating and stabbing opportunities at the start! Ireland though, with its sea defences on top of its certain gain, must be a hot favourite.
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
User avatar
Pedros
 
Posts: 12465
Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 12:59
Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (We need 1 more players to test it out!!)

Postby coolcam262 » 21 Aug 2009, 12:00

What about this new map?

Get a website (please).
User avatar
coolcam262
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 14:35
Location: Suffolk, England
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby coolcam262 » 21 Aug 2009, 14:52

Should I ask the mods for a new topic?

Get a website (please).
User avatar
coolcam262
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 14:35
Location: Suffolk, England
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby ErikVerhoeve » 21 Aug 2009, 16:03

What did you have in mind for deadlines?
~ In an informal or social sense, diplomacy is the employment of tact to gain strategic advantage or to find mutually acceptable solutions to a common challenge in a non-confrontational, or polite manner.
User avatar
ErikVerhoeve
 
Posts: 250
Joined: 29 Dec 2008, 13:04
Location: Leeuwarden, Hol
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby Pedros » 21 Aug 2009, 16:41

Hi coolcam - I think we're getting closer.

My reckonings for the new map are as follows:-
    Highlands 0.5 (High. and Scot. can each bring 2 units to bear in the Fall). Also have Orkney certain in Year 2
    Scotland 1.75 (1.25)
    The Lake District 1.5 (0.75) (all of Ken because they can get two armies there in the Fall)
    East England 1.25 (.75) (ditto Dover)
    Middle England 1.25 (1.25)
    Ireland 0.25 (1.25) (loss of Aran Isles)
    Wales 0.5
Ireland's low count may be balanced out if others are right that their geographical situation is very strong (and they have 4 to start with). Highlands look in danger unless Orkney is moved within reach in first year. But Wales in particular are in an exposed position as well as getting probably no build in Year 1. I don't at the moment see what to do about this.

Hope that helps. I think it's time FLJR and feldspar had another look at it - or anybody else who cares to!!
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
User avatar
Pedros
 
Posts: 12465
Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 12:59
Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby coolcam262 » 21 Aug 2009, 16:55

Pedros wrote:Hi coolcam - I think we're getting closer.

My reckonings for the new map are as follows:-
    Highlands 0.5 (High. and Scot. can each bring 2 units to bear in the Fall). Also have Orkney certain in Year 2
    Scotland 1.75 (1.25)
    The Lake District 1.5 (0.75) (all of Ken because they can get two armies there in the Fall)
    East England 1.25 (.75) (ditto Dover)
    Middle England 1.25 (1.25)
    Ireland 0.25 (1.25) (loss of Aran Isles)
    Wales 0.5
Ireland's low count may be balanced out if others are right that their geographical situation is very strong (and they have 4 to start with). Highlands look in danger unless Orkney is moved within reach in first year. But Wales in particular are in an exposed position as well as getting probably no build in Year 1. I don't at the moment see what to do about this.

Hope that helps. I think it's time FLJR and feldspar had another look at it - or anybody else who cares to!!


I took away Ireland's island because of the extra supply centre, I thought that was fair. ak47 has told me about paint.net, so i will hopefully spend so much less time than with normal paint!! I'll try to make it so that everywhere has around 1.25 extra centres.

Get a website (please).
User avatar
coolcam262
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 14:35
Location: Suffolk, England
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby coolcam262 » 21 Aug 2009, 16:56

ErikVerhoeve wrote:What did you have in mind for deadlines?


I had said 24/24/24 but I could change it if you want?

Get a website (please).
User avatar
coolcam262
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 14:35
Location: Suffolk, England
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby Pedros » 21 Aug 2009, 17:13

coolcam262 wrote:
ErikVerhoeve wrote:What did you have in mind for deadlines?


I had said 24/24/24 but I could change it if you want?

I'd certainly prefer 48 for moves - with people in very different time zones swapping messages can take 24 hours!
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
User avatar
Pedros
 
Posts: 12465
Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 12:59
Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby coolcam262 » 21 Aug 2009, 19:21

Pedros wrote:
coolcam262 wrote:
ErikVerhoeve wrote:What did you have in mind for deadlines?


I had said 24/24/24 but I could change it if you want?

I'd certainly prefer 48 for moves - with people in very different time zones swapping messages can take 24 hours!


Yep, how about 48/48/24?

Get a website (please).
User avatar
coolcam262
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 14:35
Location: Suffolk, England
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: British Diplomacy (Only need 1 more player to be scotland!!)

Postby WarSmith » 21 Aug 2009, 20:52

that'll be fine.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
User avatar
WarSmith
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 22:12
Location: Scandinavia
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1754
All-game rating: 1664
Timezone: GMT+2

PreviousNext

Return to British Diplomacy {All Maps Lost}

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest